• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep15| You got the edge! You got the power!

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
This page is weird.
O4ZC6c8.jpg

In those last twenty minutes it gets extremely dark tonally. It starts out pretty light hearted and eventually turns to this

Nothing in the canon series even comes close to anything in the movie. I need to give this a rewatch.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
It's a crime that it hasn't been dubbed yet, especially since Funimation has already stated their desire to work on it next. Sadly, I doubt Toei has any desire to have it liscensed in the west. They are likely more interested in getting the newer stuff released instead.

In those last twenty minutes it gets extremely dark tonally. It starts out pretty light hearted and eventually turns to this

Nothing in the canon series even comes close to anything in the movie. I need to give this a rewatch.

whaaaaat the fuuuuuuck

I should probably check out some of these OP movies one day.

whaaaaat the fuuuuuuck

I should probably check out some of these OP movies one day.

6 is great (directed by mamoru hosoda) but it's so different then regular One Piece it's hard to say if it's better for fans or not. This doesn't mean it doesn't make good use of the characters though, there's legit pathos in the film nearly equal to an actual event that happens later -
The end of the Sabaody Archipelago Arc

Honestly I probably shouldn't have even posted that above image as the original reveal in the movie is amazing and horrifying but there is more.

10 and 12 (spoilers for past where Toonami is) are great movies for being connected to the franchise itself and are in a weird state of half-canon, as in Shiki from 10 and Z from 12 are characters that exist in the canon but Luffy himself didn't defeat or meet them.

Others like Dead End Adventure are pretty cool too.

As someone who used to watch a shitton of shonen tie-in movies One Piece Movie 6 (Baron Omatsuri) is probably my favorite. DBZ Battle of Gods and Gintama Be Forever Yoruzuya are pretty good too.

I can't remember what Naruto, Dragon Ball and One Piece movies I watched, they all blend together eventually unless they stand out like Baron Omatsuri. I think I watched all the Bleach ones? That Hell one was alright.

Moaradin

I don't typically watch tie-in movies much. Don't think I've seen any of the Naruto ones, and the only One Piece ones I've seen are Baron, Strong World, and Film Z. Watched the Gintama movie because that could have been seen as the end of the series at the time.

TUSR

Banned
I don't typically watch tie-in movies much. Don't think I've seen any of the Naruto ones, and the only One Piece ones I've seen are Baron, Strong World, and Film Z. Watched the Gintama movie because that could have been seen as the end of the series at the time.

the only naruto movie worth watching is boruto

Street Fighter V is my favorite MOBA.

6 is great (directed by mamoru hosoda) but it's so different then regular One Piece it's hard to say if it's better for fans or not. This doesn't mean it doesn't make good use of the characters though, there's legit pathos in the film nearly equal to an actual event that happens later -
The end of the Sabaody Archipelago Arc

Honestly I probably shouldn't have even posted that above image as the original reveal in the movie is amazing and horrifying but there is more.

10 and 12 (spoilers for past where Toonami is) are great movies for being connected to the franchise itself and are in a weird state of half-canon, as in Shiki from 10 and Z from 12 are characters that exist in the canon but Luffy himself didn't defeat or meet them.

Others like Dead End Adventure are pretty cool too.

Sounds like 6, 10, and 12 are the best of the bunch. Will eventually check out the others as well, but thanks!

TUSR

Banned
No, we all need to start playing Dota 2. All of us, together. As friends. I can see it now...

...you're right, let's never do that.

yeah i can picture it now

lets not

I'll watch that and the other post manga movie once Pierrot stops giving us shitty Ten Ten fillers and finishes the few chapters the manga has left.

the last isnt bad

but i ship the SHIT outta hinata and naruto
lina-tsun.gif

Line_HTX

Selvaria needs to be buffed or RIOT! Selvaria is the superior queen that rules all.

US release is not the updated one. The updated one has Big Brother Dearest who HAS A FUCKING AUTO-REVIVE!! I've never seen that show but I recognize that he is beyond ridiculous.

Kirito is fun to play from what I've seen. And yeah, they threw in Green Hill Zone and some Phantasy Shit Online 2 stage in just because.

I hate Tomoka. Thinks she's like Kobe and all that.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
What annoys me the most is that despite the fact we're FINALLY getting the game in Oct., Japan gets the updated version on consoles in DECEMBER, TWO MONTHS after we get the vanilla version.

........at the very least, there's a free CD for pre-ordering & it's only $40 on PS3, and despite the damn updated version hitting soon after in Japan, I still want to reward Sega for bringing this over considering the licensing for names in anime that aren't as huge as, say, some of the franchises Namco has.

I do wonder if they'll review it considering it has SAO in it (& Durarara, but that was Adult Swim), not to mention Kirito's on the cover. But then again, SAO2 will have ended by the time this is out.

ckohler

My non-anime watching friend asked me if Attack on Titan is any good yesterday.

I told him it was okay and that it was a bit too melodramatic. He said, "Isn't all anime?" and I said, "Nah, not the shows I like."

kewlmyc

My non-anime watching friend asked me if Attack on Titan is any good yesterday.

I told him it was okay and that it was a bit too melodramatic. He said, "Isn't all anime?" and I said, "Nah, not the shows I like."

Nearly every show on Toonami right now is overdramatic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom