• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep15| You got the edge! You got the power!

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Show is fine (I venture to say even good) but you guys are really overselling it. I know B-Dubs has read the whole thing so his perspective is probably skewed though.

Right now it's only good, I'll admit, but once you see how all the moving parts come together, if they get the final arcs right, you'll be with me on this. There's some shit that's gonna shake you lot to your bones.

The last Ushio and Tora episode kinda sucked, I dunno

Sucked is a pretty strong word, I feel it more dated itself then sucked with it's captain planet message built in. I also get the impression those two characters are going to be more important later on down the line so it wasn't like they could simply cut it out.

Moaradin

So...this Ushio and Tora I'm hearing about is supposed to be good?

Yeah it's cool. 90s as fuck in the best ways.

I have no idea of that description makes me want to watch it or avoid it considering how bored Inuyasha (both the original & Final Act) made me.

It's definitely not boring like Inuyasha was. It's very high energy and it moves at a fast pace for one.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ushio to Torah was described by my girlfriend really well

It's like Inuyasha but made for boys
I have no idea of that description makes me want to watch it or avoid it considering how bored Inuyasha (both the original & Final Act) made me.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

It's more action-y and funnier. Really, it's closer to if the FMA writer wrote Inuyasha and targeted it toward our demographic.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, no, might've worked on weekday version of Toonami, but post-revival, hell no. Plus aside from Sym-Bionic Titan, how well have western action shows on Toonami been, considering all have either been poorly received/low views or just "meh"?

Plus aside from Sailor Moon, maybe Inuyasha, & I guess Hamtaro, Toonami seemed like the action block for guys. Totally Spies just........would clash with the other shows we have now.

It's more action-y and funnier. Really, it's closer to if the FMA writer wrote Inuyasha and targeted it toward our demographic.
Okay, now this has my interest. I doubt the dub will be good, but I'd totally watch it if it comes on Toonami, considering Sentai now has their foot in the door with two shows.

So...this Ushio and Tora I'm hearing about is supposed to be good?

Its pretty dated. Its hard to get through the first few episodes because it spends too mcuh time being Ushi & Tora take down this random monster week after week. I really just watch for that two minutes of action every episode then focus on other things.

I also have to question the one that says it moves at a fast pace. It actually feels slow and it took way long to finally introduce whatever a big plot is for the show.

Raxus

Its pretty dated. Its hard to get through the first few episodes because it spends too mcuh time being Ushi & Tora take down this random monster week after week. I really just watch for that two minutes of action every episode then focus on other things.

I also have to question the one that says it moves at a fast pace. It actually feels slow and it took way long to finally introduce whatever a big plot is for the show.

It is following the manga closely and it seems to be taking off about now in terms of plot. Monsters of the week were more character building for the main cast which lots of anime do, even Trigun.

Line_HTX

I don't see what's so special or exceptional about this show. It just looks nostalgic, is all.

There's no hype from this, only yearning of the re-airing of YYH.

I feel like the fast pace may actually hurt Ushio and Tora. Shit happens so fast that it becomes difficult to be affected by it. Like the episode with the girl and her artist father, it feels like I was supposed to feel for her but I didn't. It's like trying to get invested in this show is like trying to watch a movie while it's being fast-forwarded. Right now it's pretty entertaining and funny and the characters are likeable but it doesn't do anything particularly well. For now it's above average.

Also yeah immediately after finishing the first episode I definitely got a sort of 'Inuyasha for guys' vibe to it.

Mizerman

So what you're really saying is...go watch it?

Good news, Sentai is gonna be dubbing Super!

Look forward to a whole new English cast!

I think my brain started to itch at that thought.

Raxus

I wouldn't be shocked if Toei hires some hobos on the cheap to dub the voices just so they can make more money.

Squalor

World Trigger is so awful. I think I forced myself through ten or fifteen episodes, somehow, and just couldn't do it anymore after that.

Seda

Because I doubt I was the only person unfamiliar:

Apparently MIPCOM is a general entertainment trade show exposition held annually in Cannes, France. This year's event is October 5 through October 8. Other than seeing that Toei Animation has a booth, I can't find any more specific information. Some things are locked behind a paywall.

So, look for details to fall around that time. There's also a 'MipJunior' which is a few days earlier.

http://www.mipcom.com/

--

In searching around I happened to stumble across this too from a few years back.

http://www.animationmagazine.net/tv/toei-serves-up-toriko-for-mipcom/

“Toriko has gained an impressive loyal following in Japan since its April debut, and we believe it will follow Toei Animation’s Dragon Ball Z and One Piece as a global hit series,”

lol

Raxus

Poor Toriko. They tried to make it a hit but it fell flat on its face. Soma basically stole any thunder Toriko had for me.

Line_HTX

I'm sorry, but Toriko just seems forced. Show is BAD, m'KAY?

Food Wars has a better chance on Toonami and better tasting to the tongue than that atrocity.

Raxus

I'm sorry, but Toriko just seems forced. Show is BAD, m'KAY?

Food Wars has a better chance on Toonami and better tasting to the tongue than that atrocity.

image.php

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Toriko will never be on Toonami. Funimation stopped dubbing after 52 episodes, leaving the show incomplete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom