• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep15| You got the edge! You got the power!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I hated s-CRY-ed so fucking much.

Why do you post such painful statements. s-CRY-ed was awesome. The character designs were so good.

tumblr_m9ymsjLE7o1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Line_HTX

Hey man, I loved s-CRY-ed also. What'cha talking about?

I'm glad it was the same director who went on years later to direct Code Geass.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
s-CRY-ed was.......alright. I saw it on Adult Swim & aside from the cool robot arm designs & such, it really didn't leave much of an impression on me.

S-cry-Ed was just a thoroughly mediocre show about dudes punching other dudes for little to no reason and also the receipent of the hotly competitive "Most Early 2000's Sunrise Show". I watchbetted a friend who I know has good taste and he made me watch this when I could have watched ANYTHING.

There was a dude called STRAIGHT COUGAR which is the best Tomino name from a show not by Tomino.

Calling it a trainwreck is confusing though since not much happens at all (besides punching) and there's no elaborate or crazy twists.

The name is also fucking terrible, how do you even say that?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
S-cry-Ed was just a thoroughly mediocre show about dudes punching other dudes for little to no reason and also the receipent of the hotly competitive "Most Early 2000's Sunrise Show".
Ya know, I think this is the best way to describe it. I guess I wouldn't mind a rewatch if it's with you guys, but I also really have no desire to revisit it because I feel like I wouldn't have much to say, similar to rewatching AoT.

Hate to say it, but at least rewatching something like SAO would trigger a reaction aside from "mmmeeehhh".

Crocodile

Scryed is another show that isn't "good" but I enjoyed. GREAT Opening & Closing themes and great OST too. It was basically "Dudes punching Dudes: The Anime" but at least it never pretended to be anything else. Also Straight Cougar was like the best character in the show, nobody should be hating on him. It also had that early 2000s "we just started using digital animation techniques and we have no idea what we are doing" look to it.

Not sure I get the Code Geass comparison. CG was filled with fuckery but also had legit good elements to it too. Scryed was basically fuckery free and didn't have much ambition.

What the fuck are we even talking about.

A whole week more of this.

I just read the latest MHA chapter. It was really good and redeemed a lot of the gripes I had about the last chapter.

Is that a topic of conversation more to your liking? :p

Line_HTX

S-cry-Ed was just a thoroughly mediocre show about dudes punching other dudes for little to no reason and also the receipent of the hotly competitive "Most Early 2000's Sunrise Show". I watchbetted a friend who I know has good taste and he made me watch this when I could have watched ANYTHING.

There was a dude called STRAIGHT COUGAR which is the best Tomino name from a show not by Tomino.

Calling it a trainwreck is confusing though since not much happens at all (besides punching) and there's no elaborate or crazy twists.

The name is also fucking terrible, how do you even say that?

There's a real word called scrying, so I guess you say it as one word, Scryed. Even the eye-catch says it as "SCRAIDO"

The show was pretty fun just punching harder and mustering more strength to PUNCH HARDER!

if people complained about Jotaro winning by punching harder in Stardust Crusaders then whats his face in S-Cry-Ed is like that x100

Although Hibiki from Symphogear probably beats them both

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*starts playing Danganronpa AE*

.....ooh, so instead of Kirito (Papenbrook) being the main lead, it's now Asuna (Cherami Leigh).

STOP HAVING SAO IN MY DANGANRONPA SERIES, NISA.

....then again, hearing Asuna's voice constantly in despair......

...I actually really like Cherami Leigh as a voice actor...

...and not just cause she was really cute when I met her in person.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
...I actually really like Cherami Leigh as a voice actor...

...and not just cause she was really cute when I met her in person.
Oh yeah, nothing against her (same with Papenbrook, I've said before his performance in DR2 is easily his best & amazing), but it's just weird how SAO VAs keep appearing in Danganronpa, especially as the leads/major characters.

Leigh also voiced Lucy in Fairy Tail, Kneesocks in Panty & Stocking, and Patty from Soul Eater.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Oh yeah, nothing against her (same with Papenbrook, I've said before his performance in DR2 is easily his best & amazing), but it's just weird how SAO VAs keep appearing in Danganronpa, especially as the leads/major characters.

Leigh also voiced Lucy in Fairy Tail, Kneesocks in Panty & Stocking, and Patty from Soul Eater.

Aniplex hires good VAs. So does NISA. I don't like a lot of their games but have never had a problem with their dubs.

Grexeno

I'm really close to getting 120 stars in SMG 1. I put in SMG 2 because I was at 119 stars in it, but I could never beat the Boss Throwback Speedrun star. Now I remember why. FUCK BOULDERGEIST. He always sucks up a minute and a half of your time, and even if you get past him you usually die to Fiery Dino Piranha anyway.

I started reading Tokyo Ghoul, so that's a thing. I'm really disappointed that the main character's change was jumpsarted by a single event rather than a gradual transformation occurring across multiple ordeals.

I know this, but god damn fuck Bouldergeist. Almost entirely luck based for how fast you can beat him.

Git gud

You can shoot the non ghost rocks with star bits to get rid of them, then just make sure you grab the ghost when the hands are up. Enjoy your win

JCG

Rewatched s-cry-ed recently and it was duller than I remembered, especially during the entire amnesia arc.

That's why the two compilation movies exist as a superior alternative. It all gets right to the point of Scryed. Which is angry dudes screaming and punching with random crazy powers.

It's nothing smart, to be honest, but I think the series was good at exactly what it wanted to be: hot-blooded shounen fighting with all the over-the-top manliness and stubbornness that usually implies when taken to the extreme. Nothing more, nothing less. Things worked out about as well as you could reasonably expect. The last fight was rather badass too. That said, I would say both GunXSword and Code Geass are better though, in terms of sheer entertainment value as well as overall quality.

Did they have the same writers? That would probably explain why I disliked both so much.

No, Scryed was actually written by the same person who had scripted Infinite Ryvius and later wrote Gundam 00 as well as Gundam Build Fighters. Bet you weren't expecting that.

Seda

Im actually pretty interested in watching the marathon but I'll probably be working until midnight :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom