• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep15| You got the edge! You got the power!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Gangsta is right up ToonamiGAF's ally.... Seriously, it's dark and bloody with only 1 even close to "moe" character that doesn't even plan a big role...

Jarate

Banned
Hey guys, just a friendly reminder that the greatest animated series of all time is My Little Sister Can't be This Cute!

So says the prophet of animegaf

Squalor

Gangsta is right up ToonamiGAF's ally.... Seriously, it's dark and bloody with only 1 even close to "moe" character that doesn't even plan a big role...
She has an important role, but that's why I can excuse the slight moe nature of her character design. She's not just there to be a cute little girl. She's not sexualized. (Good job, guys). She's smart and talented and has a pretty real relationship with the main characters.

Crocodile

Toonami already had Black Lagoon, why would they downgrade like that

I haven't watched Gangsta since episode 1 but I imagine that with the stronger lead-ins the block has now (DBZ Kai, 12:30 and 1am slots) that it would probably do better than Black Lagoon even if it was a worse show. Plus I'm sure they can sell it with "by the people who brought you Samurai Champloo and Michiko and Hatchin" :p

Line_HTX

Hey guys, just a friendly reminder that the greatest animated series of all time is My Little Sister Can't be This Cute!

So says the prophet of animegaf

I was wishywashy and watched the whole thing like whatever, and then the three extra episodes after S2 ended made me angry. Fucking hate that show.

At least the
brawling fisticuffs
was hype.

Line_HTX

YES!
Cross Ange
would break this thread that's more of a trainride than
ShimoSeka
so it won't get locked, heh heh heh...

WTF is a moe scale? Is this some chart?

Squalor

YES!
Cross Ange
would break this thread that's more of a trainride than
ShimoSeka
so it won't get locked, heh heh heh...

WTF is a moe scale? Is this some chart?
I don't know if there is actually a thing.

My "rating" is just a reference to something from Gangsta.

Jarate

Banned
Honestly Bible Black prolly has a better story then SAO
and probably the same amount of attempted rapes

Cornbread78

So I just started watching Charlotte in anime club. Holy shit, this show is kinda awesome.

Very nice, it's not for everyone, but I really like it.

Oh, we have an OT for it here as well: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1075487

She has an important role, but that's why I can excuse the slight moe nature of her character design. She's not just there to be a cute little girl. She's not sexualized. (Good job, guys). She's smart and talented and has a pretty real relationship with the main characters.

100% truth; she is well respected. Would be a perfect anime for the Toonami crew.

tumblr_ntgpm2r0Wf1rvrfsqo1_540.gif

If nothing else, anime clubs are good for seeing new stuff.

I got introduced to Death Parade, Parasyte, Devil is a Part Timer, etc. and many more through my college one.
Yeah, I really like going.
And contrary to what I thought before, most of the people here seem to be well adjusted, socially aware people. I don't know how I lucked out with this one.

Raxus

There have been several good Toonami canidates in a short period of time. JoJo, Ushio to Tora, BBB and Gangsta.

I hope Funimation gets Gangsta and gives it the Black Lagoon treatment.

Seda

I know nothing about that show but the dub seems good from that clip.

I assume the smoker's slurred semi-incoherent speech is intentional.

Is eyepatch voiced by Dandy?

Squalor

The older cop with the cigarette doesn't have slurred speech.

The dark-haired younger guy has slurred speech, though, because he's basically deaf.

Cornbread78

Slurred speech is on purpose. He usually uses sign language.

I keep meaning to watch the simuldub of Gangsta as it looks/sounds really good for some reason I just haven't yet.

Of you like violance and moe, then it's perfect for you.

Crocodile

Loving Ushio to Tora so much.

I told you guys it was fucking legendary.

Show is fine (I venture to say even good) but you guys are really overselling it. I know B-Dubs has read the whole thing so his perspective is probably skewed though.

I can't watch the clip right now but if the smoker guy has black, short hair then yeah the speech pattern is intentional. He is
deaf
and thus has all the complications that entails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom