• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep15| You got the edge! You got the power!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squalor

If I was in charge of Toonami we'd have both.

We'd also have exclusively filler Naruto, Fake Namek DBZ, 4Kids One Piece, Mirai Nikki, and we'd have stopped SAO after GGO. Reruns of AoT until Toonami gets cancelled.
Q4MOHwX.gif

Squalor

Now that the Brady thing has been sorted, I wouldn't be surprised about a Super Bowl rematch.

Green Bay should be tough again this year in the NFC even without Nelson.

Line_HTX

No, it's the 4 year cycle of Giants / Pats once again and Odell will have the catch in 50.

I'm with DeMarco on this one. I tried watching Totally Spies, but it was just so lame. Tenchi was more tolerable than that show.

I can't believe I watched Tenchi as a ten year old. I didn't know how shameless that show could be. The promos were too good, with Optimus Prime going "Love STINKS, only on Toonami."

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Totally Spies is one of the shows along with the third season of Digimon that I truly enjoyed and only caught because I was working overnights in college and needed something to watch in the early ass morning on basic cable.

*tries to remember the last time he actually really watched football*

I could get into sports more if they had sport teams like in Futurama.

Atomicsupermen.png

Tell me when we start adding horrible genetic mutants.

Then I'll watch.

Jarate

Banned
*tries to remember the last time he actually really watched football*

I could get into sports more if they had sport teams like in Futurama.

Atomicsupermen.png

Tell me when we start adding horrible genetic mutants.

Then I'll watch.

The NFL is pretty much like that with the amount of steroids in it already

Go Pack Go!

Nelson loss isn't as big as people make it out to be, WR is by far the easiest position in the NFL to replace and do well without 1. Jordy is awesome but the offense will still be ace

Man, I remember when Prince of Tennis and MAR was on for a little minute. Then just vanished.

Didn't they actually air the episodes out of order and not starting at the first episode?

Speaking of which, it's kind of amusing that the Jetstream airing of MAR ended literally right before the amount of fanservice and both yuri and yaoi pandering went way up, as I would later discover.

And that Totally Spy gif needs to be used the next time troll physics comes up in a thread.

MAR was so bad.

The first few arcs where they were actually adventuring were decently fun, but then, nope, tournament arc that lasts for the rest of the series. Every single fight was the hero struggling for a bit then pulling out a new MAR to instantly defeat the enemy, even during the final rounds. Side characters lost sometimes, but the setup of the tournament required the team leader to never lose, or else the entire team lost, so there was zero drama for Ganta's fights. When I heard that the anime added a non-tournament arc between Ganta vs. Phantom and the final battle, I thought it would maybe be better than canon just from the premise, but instead I got a ton of yaoi.

Flame of Recca (manga) was so much better. At least Nanashi in MAR means that Joker came out of Flame of Recca alive, though.

Line_HTX

Man, just thinking about old shows that were aired over the years, and I remember a few unusual ones. Primetime Toonami had something called Rave Master, and I swore I thought it was about the SERIOUS BUSINESS of rave competition at dance parties.

And Adult Swim Action had some odd ones too. Anybody remember Reign: The Conqueror? I had no idea what was going on other than a weird reimagining of Ancient Greece. And lots of horseback riding.

I wish Witch Hunter Robin, s-CRY-ed, and Wolf's Rain, and Kikaider reaired.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Man, just thinking about old shows that were aired over the years, and I remember a few unusual ones. Primetime Toonami had something called Rave Master, and I swore I thought it was about the SERIOUS BUSINESS of rave competition at dance parties.

And Adult Swim Action had some odd ones too. Anybody remember Reign: The Conqueror? I had no idea what was going on other than a weird reimagining of Ancient Greece. And lots of horseback riding.

Rave Master is the progenitor of thread favorite Fairy Tail. It had an AMAZING DUB THEME. Reign the Conqueror is one of the worst shows ever aired on Adult Swim. s-CRY-ed is amazing. WHR has a fun dub, as does Wolf's Rain, which is a very depressing/boring show that's still worth watching.

Line_HTX

Rave Master is the progenitor of thread favorite Fairy Tail. It had an AMAZING DUB THEME. Reign the Conqueror is one of the worst shows ever aired on Adult Swim. s-CRY-ed is amazing. WHR has a fun dub, as does Wolf's Rain, which is a very depressing/boring show that's still worth watching.

It can be depressing, but it sure as hell wasn't boring. This was an emotional journey.

Dat Steve Blum menacing big bad Darcia and yelling Kazuma the Shell Bullet.

Haruko being the meek, quiet Robin was something.

TheChits

Reair Kikaider and Cyborg 009 please

Mizerman

Reign: The Conqueror...such a misstep.

I mean, how in the hell can you make an anime about Alexander and screw that up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom