• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep15| You got the edge! You got the power!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Because of all the money they earn from their high-paying jobs?

Or they could be still living in their mom's basement, rent free, and waste the couple dollars they do actually earn working at the local coffee shop by supporting their otaku ways..

TUSR

Banned
Or they could be still living in their mom's basement, rent free, and waste the couple dollars they do actually earn working at the local coffee shop by supporting their otaku ways..

or they could be a mechanical engineer with 2 diplomas and a degree

and spend all their money on dota 2 hats

or they could be a mechanical engineer with 2 diplomas and a degree

and spend all their money on dota 2 hats

2530058-ijfsxpexd7crt.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
IGNITE THE HEAT OF BATTLE.

Oh, so it's "J-Stars Victory Vs.: One Piece Edition" it seems.

.......so Toonami review when?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
SO HOW ABOUT THAT ONE PIECE: BURNING BLOOD!

....so seriously, what is it about?
Nothing this thread needs to worry about for many, many, many years.

Gravity Rush and Gravity Rush 2 are the ACTUAL One Piece-related news you want to care about.
Gravity Rush's stellar soundtrack is by the same composer as the One Piece anime and sounds very One Piece-y at times.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Nothing this thread needs to worry about for many, many, many years.

Gravity Rush and Gravity Rush 2 are the ACTUAL One Piece-related news you want to care about.
Gravity Rush's stellar soundtrack is by the same composer as the One Piece anime and sounds very One Piece-y at times.

Seriously? Damn, I need to play Gravity Rush now. Good thing it's coming to PS4.

Raxus

Seriously? Damn, I need to play Gravity Rush now. Good thing it's coming to PS4.

Vita means death.

Speaking of One Piece. The manga is back again this week in what could be a big chapter!

Although it is likely a cop out.
I know Parasyte is replacing SAO, but has it been said what is replacing Hatchin?
Nobody knows, in fact Parasyte was only found out because of a leak. Fuckin' buses.

Vita means death.

Speaking of One Piece. The manga is back again this week in what could be a big chapter!

Although it is likely a cop out.

Nobody knows, in fact Parasyte was only found out because of a leak. Fuckin' buses.

To be fair it was going to be revealed a week later as SDCC

I assume the reason M&H's announcement isn't official yet is because they don't want to introduce a new show the second week of december to have it then miss 2 weeks due to marathons

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Sony is owning 2016.
I so hope we get the PS4 price cut here &/or get a nice Black Friday bundle. Soooo many PS4/Vita announcements I care about, but I would love to finally get a PS4 this year now that I have an actual income.

Granted, some games I would still prefer on Vita for the portability & the ease of just putting in sleep mode then coming back (Danganronpa 3 comes to mind, I highly prefer VNs on portables)

Seda

I'm pretty interested in World of Final Fantasy.

I somewhat like Star Ocean games mechanically and seven(?) people parties and transition less combat seem cool. Kinda takes the things that Infinite Undiscovery tried to do and work on top of that.

And despite not really enjoyimg Kingdom Hearts 3DS I will probably buy the remaster for completeness sake fuck me.

On topic: Toonami is on a decent streak of at least 3 million plus shows not including marathons that I now just jinxed.

Moaradin

Kinda surprised Michiko and Hachin is doing so well still. I figured it would get pretty poor ratings after a while considering what happened to Black Lagoon. That show was a lot more action heavy yet did much worse? I don't get it.

Kinda surprised Michiko and Hachin is doing so well still. I figured it would get pretty poor ratings after a while considering what happened to Black Lagoon. That show was a lot more action heavy yet did much worse? I don't get it.

Black Lagoon was later in the night.

Plus, isn't Michiko & Hatchin getting live-tweeted by the VAs?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Black Lagoon was also a much more well known commodity among American anime fans, with many more having seen it before.

The general reaction to Michiko and Hatchin being announced was more of a "Michiko and Huh?" It's new and fresh to the vast majority of the audience.

Raxus

I am glad more people are warming up to the anime. We have been kind of a cauldron of hate with the past few acquisitions so it is nice there is an anime that actually gets some praise on here that isn't an endless shonen.

Speaking of cauldrons of hate, I need to do reviews for the block this week.

Moaradin

Oh I'm glad it's doing well. I never heard of it before Toonami so I'm always happy to see more obscure stuff on here.

still need to catch up on last week.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I feel like the last episode of M&H finally made me go "ya know, now I feel like I know why I should like this series", now hopefully that feeling will continue on.

Crocodile

Dragon Ball Kai wasn't around to lead the block and pull ratings for nearly all the shows up. That and it was later at night, wasn't very "anime" for casual scrubs, etc.

Moaradin

Dragon Ball Kai wasn't around to lead the block and pull ratings for nearly all the shows up. That and it was later at night, wasn't very "anime" for casual scrubs, etc.

True. Kai has had a positive effect to all the shows in the ratings. And some people said we didn't need it :p

True. Kai has had a positive effect to all the shows in the ratings. And some people said we didn't need it :p

Didn't need it =/= shouldn't have it

Shard was a bit over board on his posts about it, but I think his general concept wasn't flawed. Yes DBZ Kai has done amazing for Toonami and it's been a big boost for the shows afterwards and the block I agree, but Toonami could have survived without DBZ Kai had it chose to pick up other new/popular series.

Toonami SHOULD have DBZ Kai, it's a guaranteed money maker and boosts the shows behind it.

Toonami didn't NEED DBZ Kai, it would have survived and done well with other shows.

Getting DBZ Kai was always the right move, and it doubly paid off now that Super is a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom