• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep15| You got the edge! You got the power!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moaradin

finally catching up on the past few weeks of Shippuden.

Asuma's death is pretty overdone

Next episode deals with it a lot better

Apart from stuff like Asuma having the time to talk to every single one of them before he dies, I do wonder if part of its lack of impact is due to the anime itself rather than the writing. The direction has just felt...bland for pretty much this entire fight.

The episode that will air this week is quite good and has very strong direction. It's probably the best looking Naruto episode that has no action in it lol.

Apparently it's anime original too.

Apart from stuff like Asuma having the time to talk to every single one of them before he dies, I do wonder if part of its lack of impact is due to the anime itself rather than the writing. The direction has just felt...bland for pretty much this entire fight.

It was pretty bland when marathoning the manga for the first time

Crocodile

I'm not sure what they do about the inevitable viewership drop once they're all out of DBZ.

Well I mean they have like 24 months of Dragon Ball Kai (including Buu) and then all of Super for however long that runs. Given that nothing about Kai is technically new content either, I don't think it will be that big a deal - they can even rerun it if they want.

Moaradin

Well I mean they have like 24 months of Dragon Ball Kai (including Buu) and then all of Super for however long that runs. Given that nothing about Kai is technically new content either, I don't think it will be that big a deal - they can even rerun it if they want.

4-5 years of DBZ at the very least.

Seda

maybe they only have Kill la Kill rights a little while longer and it makes sense to reair it when they can yeah. Whereas something like Space Dandy is kept in the pocket for now.

and so, Attack On Titan will be replaced by..................................

Kill La Kill.

tumblr_static_tumblr_n12vvoxrtk1t1j1quo1_500.gif

Perfect reaction gif

Was anyone really dying for more Kill La Kill?

I mean, I'll watch some episodes probably.

But for all the division concerning the show, I've always been so ehhhhhh on it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's such an upgrade over more AOT. Hell, I'd consider SAO an upgrade over more AOT. Only thing that could have been worse than more AOT would be IGPX.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Kill la Kill is totally worth it just to hear the dub again. I might just DVR the whole thing and set it to never delete.

Was anyone really dying for more Kill La Kill?

I mean, I'll watch some episodes probably.

But for all the division concerning the show, I've always been so ehhhhhh on it.

I'd rather it then Space Dandy, because I can own all of SD on blu ray for the cost of 1 4-5 episode collection of KLK

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Considering I have to stay up until 5 or 6 a.m. to keep my body adjusted for my work hours, I will happily watch Kill la Kill for the 3rd time (2nd time dub) to help kill some time. Least I'll actually feel like I can make comments on what's happening compared to AoT.

I'd probably watch that before rewatching KLK to be honest. Not saying KLK is terrible or anything, just I don't really wanna see it again, especially so soon.
Fair enough, I guess it's been such a while since we've seen SAO S1 compared to Kill la Kill that ended only a little over a month ago. Thinking it over, it would've been a bit nicer to see a show that's a bit older in comparison to something that's still rather fresh in our minds.

Just always seemed a bit strange that for shows that got marathons or reruns which I figured ToonamiGAF saw as "good" or "fun to watch, but flawed", the reactions to said show returning or getting a marathon is the opposite of what I expect. But then again, as mentioned, it just finished not too long ago, it's not as long as compared to Brotherhood which aired 3 times, & I understand there was shows we would've preferred instead (S2 Space Dandy, where art thou?)

Jarate

Banned
DBZ won't be dead for another 2 years if we get there. If we don't get uncensored Super, I'd imagine they'd just rerun DBZ. It ain't like these are new episodes

Fair enough, I guess it's been such a while since we've seen SAO S1 compared to Kill la Kill that ended only a little over a month ago. Thinking it over, it would've been a bit nicer to see a show that's a bit older in comparison to something that's still rather fresh in our minds.

Just always seemed a bit strange that for shows that got marathons or reruns which I figured ToonamiGAF saw as "good" or "fun to watch, but flawed", the reactions to said show returning or getting a marathon is the opposite of what I expect. But then again, as mentioned, it just finished not too long ago, it's not as long as compared to Brotherhood which aired 3 times, & I understand there was shows we would've preferred instead (S2 Space Dandy, where art thou?)

I don't dislike it or anything. Its a fine show. I just probably would've been more into a rerun if this was six months after it stopped airing rather than a little over a month.

I'll rewatch it just because I have nothing better to do on a Saturday Night at 3 in the morning. Who knows, maybe now that everything's been put into perspective and I know the directions the show takes, I might enjoy it more this time.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh yeah, I fully agree & understand your reasoning. I think it's the reason why I was a bit burned out FLCL originally, because for a show that's only 6 episodes, rewatching it 3 times can feel a bit tedious in comparison to, say, FMA Brotherhood because that was MUCH longer, so a repeat episode wouldn't happen for an entire year, where as FLCL could be a month & a half later. I like the show like others, but I was starting to grow tired of how many times Adult Swim would show it because it was such a short series, so it helps for a show to take a break in order to let time sink in for people to be all "ahh, I miss this show, it hasn't aired for a while", then they'll be more interested when it is brought back.

& that was also their reasoning for removing the rerun half of the block. Everyone has seen stuff like Cowboy Bebop soooooooo many times, it's why the ratings weren't doing so well paired with being at 4 or 5 in the morning.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
*sees news for new .hack game* Oh sweet!
*sees it's F2P mobile* .......... *breathes in deep* ..... MOTHERFU-

KLK was pretty dull a lot of the time the second time around with the dub.

I'll leave it on as background noise, but I doubt I'll ever really watch.

Moaradin

I think KLK is a great show and it has a pretty fantastic dub, but I'm not gonna re-watch it so soon. It just ended a few weeks ago!

If the 3:00 slot becomes slot where they just air the latest show that ended, I don't think I'll ever watch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom