• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Boogie

Twist: The drug dealers take the money and give it to the local community centre in their poor neighbourhood somewhere in Toronto. :eek:

Umm, actually some area drug dealers do often give money to local community centers in their areas to gain the community's support.

Azih

Ford: GET ME A FOOTBALL TEAM TO COACH

Chief of Staff: You know I think we should focus on the video of you smoking crack

Ford: GET OUT!

bhASWmk.png

smtf5Iz.png

Firing the guy who runs the city over football. Yup.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Doug Holyday sounds clueless and confused about all this

"Heaven only knows" what is going to come next

@KatieSimpson24
When asked 'what's next??' Doug Holyday says 'heaven only knows'. #Toronto

I'm no fan of Holyday, but you know it's bad when he's basically throwing up his hands.

And Towhey said he didn't resign.

@karlbaldauf 20m
Mayor Rob Ford's chief of staff Mark Towhey is out. He said he did not resign. #topoli

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
What a farce. Just get rid of the mayor position until the next election. This city doesn't need it right now.

Brinbe

Alright, I laughed at this
The Mayor thanks Mr. Towhey for his valuable service and wishes him the very best in his future endeavours.
Literally got future endeavored. Wrassle-GAF knows what's up.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Heading back to TO this weekend for some shopping. Any food (or general) recommendations by Drake Hotel, 1150 Queen St W?

Well the Drake hotel itself is pretty good. There's also Grand Electric nearby which has excellent tacos.

Blackhead

Redarse

Willectro

Banned
Hawker and the star say the tape owner has gone silent....

As of this writing, the Rob Ford Crackstarter—our attempt to crowdfund $200,000 to purchase and publish a video of Toronto Mayor Rob Ford smoking crack cocaine—has exceeded $145,000. At the rate it's going, we will reach our goal by Saturday, if not sooner. Since it looks like the money may actually come together, we are going to lay out the present state of play as clearly as we can. First order of business: The last time we established contact with the people who are in possession of the video was this past Sunday, and we have not been able to reach them since.

http://gawker.com/rob-ford-crackstarter-update-509596078

Wow. Just wow. I haven't actually laughed in a while. Thank you Gawker.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Oh boy, guys. We're not alone in OT Community anymore. They just moved a hundred threads over to join us.

I guess it's hard to laugh when your world is falling apart around you.

Bwahaha.

iijCtTjcr6yhd.jpg

I thought Willetro said he had enough defending Ford's idiocy a few weeks before the crack video, but I must have just dreamt it

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2013/05/23/toronto-ford-towhey.html

Mark Towhey was fired as Mayor Rob Ford's chief of staff because he told Ford in no uncertain terms to "go away and get help," a source close to the mayor's office has told CBC News.

Towhey was unceremoniously dumped from his job Thursday in the midst of a scandal that has ripped apart Toronto municipal politics — with the city's colourful mayor caught in the midst of allegations that he was recorded smoking crack cocaine.

The story broke last week and shortly after Towhey faced down the mayor telling him he needed help.

"There's nothing more I can do for you," the source quoted Towhey as telling Ford. The chief of staff then told Ford to "go away and get help."

On May 17, the day after the U.S. gossip website Gawker and the Toronto Star both reported the existence of a recording of the mayor smoking something that appears to be crack cocaine, Ford made a public appearance at an annual ceremony at Nathan Phillips Square, where Parents and Friends of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG) held a flag raising ceremony to recognize the International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia.

At the end of the ceremony Ford left quickly and just a few minutes later was closeted in a room with his top advisers to discuss the cocaine scandal.

Towhey is said to have gathered together the inner circle and presented Ford with options.

The source said Ford was presented with three options, though exactly what those options were is not known.

But when it became clear the meeting "was not going anywhere," Towhey cleared the room and presented the mayor with one option and told him for the third time, "You have a problem. Go away and fix it."

The source said Ford repeatedly laughed off attempts to enter rehab.

When the others returned to the room Towhey told them the mayor had chosen the fourth option — to do nothing.

Noa76gF.jpg

So sad.

zorbsie

This Ford thing just gets better and better. Seeing him standing in the back at the PFLAG event was just sad. He's all alone, no one wants to even pretend to be hanging with him. And the look on his face. Now the firing of the CoS because he wanted Ford to get help. Oh boy. This could spiral downward rapidly. The guy looks like he's got one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
@KatieSimpson24
Doug Holyday tells @CTVCanadaAM he believes Mayor is getting ready to address allegations, but can't confirm. Says it's what should happen

@KatieSimpson24
Doug Holyday tells @CTVCanadaAM he has a meeting with the Mayor today. Hopes to speak to him this morning. Executive Cmte briefing mid-day.

We may actually hear something directly from Ford today.. maybe.

Top Bottom