• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Willectro

Banned
I guess it's hard to laugh when your world is falling apart around you.

image.php

Oppo

Yay! Let's toss a Mayor out today! Nice weather for it.

I hope the suburbanites who voted this clown in will think twice next election. They chose so, so poorly. (I didn't like Smitherman either, weak contenders all around last time, but at least he's not a blowhard crackhead).

What's Ford gonna do without a radio show and a football team to coach? More crack?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
@CP24 4m
Holyday says he expects the mayor to show up at city hall today.

‏@CBCToronto 4m
Deputy Mayor Doug Holyday says there will be an executive meeting this afternoon #toronto

@CP24 51s
"Somebody has to say something on behalf of this administration and I guess that is why I am here," Holyday says.

Holyday basically the acting Mayor right now, given that Ford has gone into hiding.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Well, Holyday is an elected councillor. So he could be removed as deputy mayor, but that's about it. I guess he could be thrown out of the sinking ship known as the executive committee as well.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I never go into the community forums. I just check my subscription pages, so I guess I should see if there's anything I'll miss in there.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Oh damn, even his allies are giving up on him:

Councillor John Parker, a conservative and the deputy speaker, made council's strongest statement on the media reports to date in a Thursday email to constituents. He suggested in a Thursday email to constituents that voters are now entitled to believe the worst about Ford.
“At a certain point, I believe it is fair for the most unfavourable conclusions to be drawn. I find it hard to argue that that point has not already been reached,” Parker said. He said he found Ford’s continued silence “shocking.”

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/2013/05/24/rob_ford_video_scandal_mayors_council_allies_search_for_answers.html

Zips

There's no way the city could leave a crack-addict mayor in power, right? Especially after all else that's happened? I would think not...but there seem to be such allowances given to politicians sometimes it's insane.

That judge that made the overturned decision to order Ford removed from office is probably feeling pretty justified now.

Dr.Acula

Banned
I'm on a phone, and have no access to a PC (traveling), but someone should make a Ford thread in the OT.

It should have the Daily Show and Kimmel vids, the photo of Ford with the dead drug dealer, link to Crackstarter, and links to other random Ford shit.

GAF needs to know. Plus we need to get out ahead of this incase the crackstarter works and Gawker publishes the video. Sorry Psy, your views record is going DOWN!

Dyno

There are tons of reporters all over City Hall. They have filled up the second floor (mayor's / councillor's offices) and they're covering the exits. Cam Wholly (sp?) from CP24 was staked out in the garage when I left for a job and then was still in the same spot when I came back over two hours later!

They must know something is up.

thabiz

There are tons of reporters all over City Hall. They have filled up the second floor (mayor's / councillor's offices) and they're covering the exits. Cam Wholly (sp?) from CP24 was staked out in the garage when I left for a job and then was still in the same spot when I came back over two hours later!

They must know something is up.

I think the letter is going to basically demand he steps down/goes to rehab due to substance abuse. no way this letter is being drafted up just to publicly support him.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Sorry, I missed this - what letter?

Members of his executive committee, headed by Doug Holyday, wrote a letter to the Mayor asking him to address the allegations. It's been over a week since we heard more than one word from Rob Ford.. and he's the Mayor of the city.

Someone just reported Ford arrived to City Hall, about 20 minutes late to his first meeting of the day. Once again took the back entrance (ie; the one the media can get at), and has said nothing.

I'm on a phone, and have no access to a PC (traveling), but someone should make a Ford thread in the OT.

It should have the Daily Show and Kimmel vids, the photo of Ford with the dead drug dealer, link to Crackstarter, and links to other random Ford shit.

GAF needs to know. Plus we need to get out ahead of this incase the crackstarter works and Gawker publishes the video. Sorry Psy, your views record is going DOWN!
We have one. It's up there.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Guys, I am breaking exclusive news here on the letter from city council.

iKbcxZuUnKjoT.png

edit: CP24 keeps repeating "Council wants you to know city services are still running, despite what is going on at City Hall".. as if might think services would stop with Ford being around. Oh lawd.

Quick

Banned
Guys, I am breaking exclusive news here on the letter from city council.

iKbcxZuUnKjoT.png

edit: CP24 keeps repeating "Council wants you to know city services are still running, despite what is going on at City Hall".. as if might think services would stop with Ford being around. Oh lawd.

I heard that on 680 News, as well. My first thought was Ford controls everything in the city with mind control.

zroid

Banned
I get the impression he intentionally avoided flatly denying that he has ever done crack. He only said that he "does not", and he isn't an addict.

Maybe I'm over-analyzing it.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I get the impression he intentionally avoided flatly denying that he has ever done crack. He only said that he "does not", and he isn't an addict.

I was thinking the same thing. But it's probably over-analyzing. It's going to be just as messy however he worded it. Legally, maybe there is an advantage to labelling it like that, but I have no clue.

edit: Ford seen leaving City Hall now. Show up after noon, leave before four. Oh yeah.

Well doing it once or a couple of times wouldn't be that big of a deal, even Smitherman did cocaine in the 90s. A substance abuse problem and an addiction would be more worrying. He also needs to address the homophobic and racist comments that he allegedly made.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
At least he did come out and deny charges now. Not much else you can ask, other than to have done it earlier. I wonder if he'll take legal action against The Star and Gawker.

Well doing it once or a couple of times wouldn't be that big of a deal, even Smitherman did cocaine in the 90s. A substance abuse problem and an addiction would be more worrying. He also needs to address the homophobic and racist comments that he allegedly made.

By basically denying the video exist, or what's on the video is not credible ("..a video I have never seen.." to quote him), he's denying those charges too, I guess.

Top Bottom