• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

I wonder how many other Asian women do as well D:

Sometimes I wonder if there is a white guy in Toronto that hasn't dated an Asian girl before. I certainly don't know any that haven't.
You don't see the reverse as much though for some reason. Any of you generic Asian guys have a white girlfriend?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Sometimes I wonder if there is a white guy in Toronto that hasn't dated an Asian girl before. I certainly don't know any that haven't.
You don't see the reverse as much though for some reason. Any of you generic Asian guys have a white girlfriend?
Had a few but many simply don't show the interest. I feel it's already a -1 at times if you're a Generic Asian Guy
He had a hankering for dem Asian massage parlors, no?

Quadratic

As a generic Asian I've dated a few white ladies and it never worked out. There's some who are into Asian guys. Chinese are a dime a dozen in the GTA though and those girls are more into Japanese/Korean guys mainly because of J or K pop/drama fetishes.

Sober

As a generic Asian I've dated a few white ladies and it never worked out. There's some who are into Asian guys. Chinese are a dime a dozen in the GTA though and those girls are more into Japanese/Korean guys mainly because of J or K pop/drama fetishes.
Time to make kung-fu movie fetishes a thing...

And to learn kung-fu. And to call it gong-fu, because I am Chinese and I should know better.

Biggest, most important city in Canada and 4th largest in NA. That's a big step up from back bench opposition MP.

Although from my understanding the Mayor of Toronto doesn't have a great deal of actual direct powers?

As an MP she has a national profile. As Mayor of Toronto, she'd be averting garbage strikes.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Sup, guys?

iWeUKqedr9gNG.jpg

SDM at Yonge and College, probably sold out by now

Duality

Similarly, I'm sure many black men have "added volume" to generic white girls in Toronto such as your gf/wife.

No need for the covert racism, dude.

Similarly, I'm sure many black men have "added volume" to generic white girls in Toronto such as your gf/wife.

No need for the covert racism, dude.

I take back calling you an asshole last night. I only did that because I just heard my Aunt had died so your comment didn't sit well with me at that time. But now I will respond to it properly:

I only said "generic Asian" as a joking reference to how Quadratic and Kuro Madoushi always refer to themselves as "generic Asians" in this very thread. I just figured anyone that reads this thread would know that.
And I'm sure my wife has dated black guys in the past. Why would I care about that?

Try to lighten up a bit. You were looking for something that wasn't there.

Ok. So, photo of the day:

CgOB0DD.jpg

source

Lexxism

When I've done trade 1/2 in the past at Future Shop, the receipt usually ends up having the $10 off if it is offered.

I see. Thank you. T1 of BB is still not up. It seems like the ac:nl of fs don't have the $10 credit. I guess I'll go with BB 800 rz for ac:nl

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
My girlfriend is gonna look through some more shoppers today for Animal Crossing. Hopefully she can get it today. Kind of want a copy for myself...

Quadratic

My girlfriend is gonna look through some more shoppers today for Animal Crossing. Hopefully she can get it today. Kind of want a copy for myself...

I work across the street from one. I'm going to check and see on my lunch @ 1pm if they are breaking street date.

:( I'm sorry to hear that. May she RIP.

Condolences. Always hard when a loved one passes away.

Deepest Sympathies man.

That sucks to hear man, my condolences

added time, condolences.

Sucks to hear man, my condolences.

Thanks, guys. Reading these made me feel a bit better.

About Animal Crossing. I want that game so bad but my wife says we can't afford it right now since we are buying flights for our summer vacation (San Francisco, Portland and Los Angeles). She is probably right that we can't afford it but still.... I want it!
Are there any good deals on it that don't involve trading in games since I don't have any?

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport

About Animal Crossing. I want that game so bad but my wife says we can't afford it right now since we are buying flights for our summer vacation (San Francisco, Portland and Los Angeles). She is probably right that we can't afford it but still.... I want it!
Are there any good deals on it that don't involve trading in games since I don't have any?

You get a $10 gift card when you buy it from futureshop. Doesn't really save you money in the short term though.

Quadratic

How many optimum points do you have? You could consider cashing those in for Animal Crossing.

EDIT: Added_time: Hopefully your Aunt lived a full life. Sad to hear. Total coincidence, but a co worker called in sick today because her aunt died last night.

EDIT: Added_time: Hopefully your Aunt lived a full life. Sad to hear. Total coincidence, but a co worker called in sick today because her aunt died last night.

Definitely a full life so that part of it isn't sad but we were close so it is still hard to hear it. Thank you.

How many optimum points do you have? You could consider cashing those in for Animal Crossing.

Yes, thank you! I got boatloads of them! I totally forgot!
So according to the Shoppers Drug Mart website, spending the points on Sunday yields extra money off? So I guess I can buy Animal Crossing on Sunday! :)

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Sorry to hear about your Aunt, added_time.

On the Asian / White couple subject, two of our best friends are an asian male (Chinese), white female (British) married couple and I see plenty of pairings both ways with on my in-laws side. Definitely more 'rare' if you look at things like US stats (can't find a good Canadian comparison), but white female / asian male are still one of the most common interracial coupling. It's just that white male / asian female dwarfs every other. Asian man / black female is the most rare of all, apparently.

And there's a topic I never thought I'd discuss in Toronto-Age. :p

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry to hear about your Aunt, added_time.

On the Asian / White couple subject, two of our best friends are an Asian male (Chinese) White female (British) married couple and I see plenty of pairings both ways with on my in-laws side. Definitely more 'rare' if you look at things like US stats (can't find a good Canadian comparison), but white female / asian male are still one of the most common interracial coupling. Asian man / black female is the most rare of all, apparently.

And there's a topic I never thought I'd discuss in Toronto-Age. :p

I don't know what you've been smokin, but there's no way this can be true.

I spend a lot of time with Generic Asians, and I wouldn't say WF/AM are 'one of the most interracial couples'. It's significantly better now than it was when I was in high school, but it's still not uncommon for me to hear the old "I'm just not attracted to them/they're not what I'm looking for/I don't date Asian guys" from any girls.

I am SO going to run over your flowers and grass when I'm in your town >:/

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I don't know what you've been smokin, but there's no way this can be true.

I spend a lot of time with Generic Asians, and I wouldn't say WF/AM are 'one of the most interracial couples'. It's significantly better now than it was when I was in high school, but it's still not uncommon for me to hear the old "I'm just not attracted to them/they're not what I'm looking for/I don't date Asian guys" from any girls.

I am SO going to run over your flowers and grass when I'm in your town >:/

I'm just going off US statistics. It trails only white male / asian female (529k) and white female / black male (390k) sitting at 219k. US statistics are sort of fucked though, because they have a large amount of people lumped into 'Other', which looks to be mostly Southeast Asians, I would imagine based on how the US stats works.

If I was gay, I would go for a Chinese guy for sure! But since I'm not, I feel like I did very well importing the best American girl there is! :)

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Yep, no dice at Broadview/Danforth.

EvilMario, how is the game?

It's Animal Crossing. It looks quite nice and it's lovely having the touch screen back for all menus. Being able to choose from multiple town layouts in the beginning was lovely. I haven't been able to build any structures yet, or reupholster furniture, or swim yet.. all major additions to the game. But so far, seems just a polished as you would imagine an Animal Crossing in development for four years would be.

Hopefully people remember it's a game best played in small doses over the course of a long, long time. I think newcomers may play for a few hours their first day and say "wtf, there's basically nothing to do in this game", before they have all the tools and options available to them.

my 3ds friend code

2793-0601-2920

WATCH OUT FOR YOUR FLOWERS, EM! >:D

edit: I'd like to see these stats....EM I call BS!

Pff.

Top Bottom