• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Someone threw a drink at Rob Ford at the Taste of Little Italy event.
KuGsj.gif

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/06/15/rob_ford_assault_woman_arrested_for_allegedly_throwing_drink_at_mayor.html

evanmisha

I haven't heard anything else. I checked my email (because the guy said there was probably going to be an email sent out with the new location) and nothing. To be honest, he didn't seem to know what was going on.

Sigh. That's really disappointing. The Nintendo reps at the Downsview Best Buy event weren't even aware this was happening. Seems like the sentiment is going around. Did you atleast get the, uh... sticker?

Quadratic

I'm meeting a friend after work near Bay and Queen. Anyone recommend a coffee shop or quiet place near by that we can have a conversation? I'm not really familiar with the area around city hall.

zroid

Banned
Just a reminder to you guys that Ruth's Chris' gift card deal has begun today:

$48 per $75 card, and there is a $5.75 s&h fee per order (not per card).

Purchase here: http://www.ruthschris.ca/shopping/index.php?route=common/home&location=2

Sigh. That's really disappointing. The Nintendo reps at the Downsview Best Buy event weren't even aware this was happening. Seems like the sentiment is going around. Did you atleast get the, uh... sticker?

hahah, it was such a mess yesterday. I showed up at STC with a buddy and there were like 30-40 Animal Crossers hanging out near the food court, haplessly searching for the Nintendo rep, to no avail. We continued with our business, but eventually most of them left. I stayed, though. At around 2:30, the Nintendo guy showed up and told us what happened. They moved the meeting place to a nearby park. He invited us to join them there, but we'd had enough, so we just took our stickers and left. :p

It was fun though, and I met some people. Might go to the park next weekend.

Brinbe

I'm meeting a friend after work near Bay and Queen. Anyone recommend a coffee shop or quiet place near by that we can have a conversation? I'm not really familiar with the area around city hall.

There's a Starbucks right there on the corner and a Timmys not far, so y'all could either stay there or buy some drinks and sit somewhere around Nathan Phillips, it's usually quiet enough around there to talk.

Quadratic

There's a Starbucks right there on the corner and a Timmys not far, so y'all could either stay there or buy some drinks and sit somewhere around Nathan Phillips, it's usually quiet enough around there to talk.

Thanks. Just wondering since it's in the financial/ city hall area that the Starbucks there has early closing hours.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
ZgkzR9k.jpg

Roto13 + added_time = Toronto Crossing

(this photo was taken a couple minutes before my wife reset the router and disconnected us.. lol)

Though I did stick my cousin with a 1000 dollar bill from Jacob's Steakhouse :D (relevance? none)

Did you post a photo of that steak you had back then? Or am I remembering something else?

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

Nope. By the time I found them they were gone. lol

Quick

Banned
Weather looks great in Toronto from what I can tell on the forecast.

Currently dying from the heat in another country.

Quadratic

I'm currently in the process of buying a condo in Toronto. Kind of stressed right now. I just met with my realtor today and he seems to be a stand up guy actually outlining his fiduciary duties. It's a large step going into home ownership and I'm nervous.

I have a modest down payment and a hard ceiling I don't want to cross and become "house poor".

Anyone been through the real estate game in the GTA recently and can share their experience? I've been a born and raised "east ender" Possibly moving west of Dufferin is both an exciting and scary proposition.

explodet

Ugh, I started only briefly looking into what it would take for me to get a condo - I'd need at least another $10K for the down payment and become house poor to get something even decently sized.

Boogie

Soooo, I went shopping at Square One yesterday evening. As I parked, there was a guy who, just prior to getting into his car with his girlfriend, took out his iPhone and took pictures of the big "Square One" sign at the entrance to the mall, and then did a panorama of shots of the surrounding condo towers like this was his tourist destination.........so wrong.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Soooo, I went shopping at Square One yesterday evening. As I parked, there was a guy who, just prior to getting into his car with his girlfriend, took out his iPhone and took pictures of the big "Square One" sign at the entrance to the mall, and then did a panorama of shots of the surrounding condo towers like this was his tourist destination.........so wrong.
You should've arrested him for being a moron.

Need more crazy Rob Ford news to sustain us.

In a "nobody outcrazies Ophelia" moment, the mayor of Montreal got himself arrested on various forms of corruption-related charges. Kinda steals Rob Ford's thunder.

Also, with the sunshine, I was out on patios eating delicious food. Sorry, TO Gaf, computers just don't mix with patio weather.

As for taking pictures of condos, I'd say I'm surprised, but really...once summer comes around there are too many "you're not from around here, are you?!?" moments to count in the GTA.

Boogie

In a "nobody outcrazies Ophelia" moment, the mayor of Montreal got himself arrested on various forms of corruption-related charges. Kinda steals Rob Ford's thunder.

See, the thing is, while the Montreal mayor getting arrested may be more serious, it suffers from the expectations game: over the past year and a half, people expect stories of Quebec municipal corruption. Although big news, nobody is surprised to hear that a Quebec mayor was arrested for corruption-related charges.

Whereas any news with the Fords, whatever the gravity of the situation, you know it's going to be some crazy shit.

Whereas any news with the Fords, whatever the gravity of the situation, you know it's going to be some crazy shit.

I'd venture that the craziest part of the Rob Ford story is this: Every effed-up thing Rob Ford has done would be near career-ending for just about any other major politican in Canada. And yet, he and his supporters just get to brush it all off as a media conspiracy against him.

jcutner

Good news everyone! I found a place and I'm moving out from home!

New place is about a 10-15 minute walk to Yonge & Eglinton
Currently live east of Oshawa

Move in date is beginning of August

TO Gaf meet ups are now well within my reach!

Top Bottom