• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

jokkir

Hey guys, what thing can you only get in Toronto? My Korean friend is asking and I'm assuming she's getting it before going back to Korea

Adding something here. She wants to get something for her friend in Vancouver. So what can you get in Toronto that's not in Vancouver?

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
No smash bros, no curr

Mario Kart 8 looks dope, but I'm probably going to be too lazy

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I understand they're partnering up with BB for this but they should put them up on the eShop next week.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I have to be downtown today, so maybe I'll swing by Bay and Dundas. Early afternoon on a Wednesday, maybe I can hope the line isn't absurd. Mario Kart 8 is the only one I really need to play, although 3D World would be worth seeing. I know what HD Wind Waker and DK are.

Quick

Banned
Blue Jays stuff?

This. A Jays hat, a baseball, and/or a pennant.

You could also do Leafs/Raptors stuff. Carlton/Raptor plush toys, hats, hockey puck. You've got plenty of options for sports items.

Toronto as a representation of Canada in souvenir form? Anything Toronto-specific is pretty much CN Tower related.

You could also get a photo book of Toronto/Canada. Can't go wrong with a photo book as a last resort.

rwFEjuR.jpg

source

Roto13

I might head to Best Buy today. If the lines are too long, I won't bother to wait in them, but it should be worth it for streetpasses.

Gotta get some model homes.

Quick

Banned

Fuzzy

I might head to Best Buy today. If the lines are too long, I won't bother to wait in them, but it should be worth it for streetpasses.

Gotta get some model homes.
I forgot my 3DS at home so I won't get any passes if I go today. :(

evanmisha

I'll be at Downsview for probably the whole event, trying out the demos and playing some Animal Crossing. If you see me, say hello! I'm the tall white kid with the long, bleach blonde hair.

Kraftwerk

Thank you!

Apologies that I have not set-up a meetup yet. Barely had time to go do the test today, been incredible busy.

Very soon, I promise.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Anyone visit the Wii U demo station at Dundas Best Buy yet? I'm probably going on Saturday instead, but just wondering what they had there. Some people reporting locations not having Mario Kart. If that's the case, fuck it.

edit: Looks like Brampton Best Buy had all the goods, so hopefully downtown does too.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
And I have my AC town open for business, enough though I'm not actively playing right now. Feel free to drop by and shake my trees.

And donate to my bridge fund ;_;

Roto13

Went to the Dundas Best Buy. Totally not worth it. There's only one kiosk that has all four demos on it, so there were dozens of people waiting to take turns on one kiosk. All the demos were there and they looked great but I didn't feel safe breathing in the nerd miasma for that long so I didn't stay long enough to play anything.

Bunch of people playing 3DS but I only got like three Mii Plaza streetpasses. And two more on the way home. Also some other random streetpasses including one for Animal Crossing so that's cool.

Anony

how long is the e3 demo going to be there?
planning on going tmr at like 1 or 2, it shouldnt be too busy, it's a weekday during work hour (i hope)

Fuzzy

of course they do. you dont find this odd? you dont think this is going to raise lots of questions from the public? this is incredibly poor timing by the police.
Because that's what the police should be concerned with, what the public thinks.

jokkir

Blue Jays stuff?

This. A Jays hat, a baseball, and/or a pennant.

You could also do Leafs/Raptors stuff. Carlton/Raptor plush toys, hats, hockey puck. You've got plenty of options for sports items.

Toronto as a representation of Canada in souvenir form? Anything Toronto-specific is pretty much CN Tower related.

You could also get a photo book of Toronto/Canada. Can't go wrong with a photo book as a last resort.

Ah alright, thank you, guys! I will relay the message.

Also, who went to the Best Buy thing yesterday? It was way too packed for one kiosk (the normal kiosk that's there everyday) and I assume the wait is really long too.

I got a few street passes and finally finishing that Fire Emblem puzzle

Top Bottom