• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Edit: NM, I just saw you have been to Barbarians.

Keg Mansion is my least favorite Keg location. Even Oshawa is better.

Having been to Barberians, Hy's, Harbour 60, the Fifth, Ruths Chris, Octagon, Shore Club, Keg, and a few other steak-y-houses, I gotta say, hands down, Jacobs & Co is my personal favourite.

If you're willing to fork out, go. Because you will, as much as (if not more so than) Harbour 60.

Not worth it if there's a long line.

Red Pandas are worth any line no matter how long ;_;
How can you say no to this.
LqoPReC.jpg

Sober

After seeing the poutine vs chili cheese fries thread in OT, I figured we should deviate slightly from burger chat and move into poutine chat. I have no clue what is good poutine anymore after spending most of my time at uni eating food truck poutine.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Having been to Barberians, Hy's, Harbour 60, the Fifth, Ruths Chris, Octagon, Shore Club, Keg, and a few other steak-y-houses, I gotta say, hands down, Jacobs & Co is my personal favourite.

If you're willing to fork out, go. Because you will, as much as (if not more so than) Harbour 60.
Oh a high class gal. Yeah Jacobs was awesome. But so so expensive.....

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
then where do I get good poutine in toronto. I swear, its like trying to find bigfoot in this city.

Poutini's

How is Octagon? I live fairly close to it and have been meaning to go.

zroid

Banned
Red pandas will always be special to me because a few friends and I, back in Grade 10 Science class, did a special video project about 'em. It was amazing in the stupid way things you do in high school are.

Sadly the VHS it was recorded on has been lost, but I'll always have the memories...

Willectro

Banned
that's the thing that made you decide? out of all the things?

out of so, so many things? ;)

pretty sure Rob Ford could be replaced with a very small perl script at this point, at least in terms of public speaking

I dislike Scarborough. Expanding the subway there does nothing for me.

I've been meaning to try Jacobs. The menu (although text based) looks amazing.

This thread sucks without EM and added_time.

What happened to them?

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
the octagon is good food but extremely pricey. Assuming we're referring to the same place in thornhill right?

MAD EXPENSIVE but good food.

Yup, that's the one. Passed it several times and have been meaning to go. Just wasn't sure whether it was worth getting dressed up for.

Yup, that's the one. Passed it several times and have been meaning to go. Just wasn't sure whether it was worth getting dressed up for.
it's definitely worth going at least once but yeah you definitely gotta get dressed up and be prepared to spend a lot. It's one of those places that I don't know, IMO is a bit generic in a way but you can't deny dem steaks.

zroid

Banned
I went to Octagon once, albeit 8-10 years ago. Was a bit underwhelmed. It certainly wasn't bad, but didn't do enough to justify its prices for me.

I went to Octagon once, albeit 8-10 years ago. Was a bit underwhelmed. It certainly wasn't bad, but didn't do enough to justify its prices for me.
that's the thing though, the prices are so high that your expectations are really high by default. Depends from person to person. I went like 4 years ago I think it was and I thought the steak was veryyyy good for the most part. But yeah I never went again but that speaks more to price.

Dyno

Harbour 60 is my fave. They treat you like a king in those big leather armchairs and the steak is unreal.

I just came back from The Ritz (Yonge and Shuter - across from Eaton Centre.) That place is now popping on all four burners. All the chicken looks amazing and their fried chicken dinner is the best around.

More than happy to have a Carribean place to hit up on the lunchtime rotation.

Magnus

There are hundreds of red/bronze coloured ants (with wings), capable of flight, swarming a tree stump in our front yard. They're totally at war with the population of larger black ants that have appeared in the area this year.

Do I worry? Are these fire ants? Are they even ants? The purported European Fire Ant invasion in the GTA led me to look em up, and they don't seem to have wings like mine do.

Hmmm. :(

Leafs fans, I don't follow hockey but doesnt this Clarkson guy suck? Why did we sign him?
he doesn't suck, yes he is overpaid and yes the term is obviously too much at 7 years but when you can afford it, I'm guessing they're thinking having him is better than not having him. He's a character guy who brings hard work and can bury the puck. Overpaid and long term but good player to have on your team.

Brinbe

Clarkson's a legit good signing, only problem is the length of the deal. No way he's gonna see the end of that seven years. Money wise though, cap's gonna go up a massive amount in the next few years and it's not as if this deal will keep us from re-upping the likes of Kessel. Would much rather have him over Grabo.

Would've done without the Bozak deal, but not as if there's any #1 centers easily available out there.

zroid

Banned
There was a robin trying to build a nest on our drainage pipe today. Goddamn birds.

I had to pry it off with a broom handle... twice! It came back and tried again, lol.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Clarkson's a legit good signing, only problem is the length of the deal. No way he's gonna see the end of that seven years. Money wise though, cap's gonna go up a massive amount in the next few years and it's not as if this deal will keep us from re-upping the likes of Kessel. Would much rather have him over Grabo.

Would've done without the Bozak deal, but not as if there's any #1 centers easily available out there.

Dammit, Brinbe! DOES NOT COMPUTE!

Brinbe

Dammit, Brinbe! DOES NOT COMPUTE!

Eh, if the cap was static, it'd be much more of a problem. But by the time his play really slips to that level (let's say when he's 35) there'll only be a few years left on the deal and I really doubt it's gonna keep us from making moves. And I think he's a perfect complement to playing with the likes of Kadri/JVR-Lupul on that 2nd line.

There are hundreds of red/bronze coloured ants (with wings), capable of flight, swarming a tree stump in our front yard. They're totally at war with the population of larger black ants that have appeared in the area this year.

Do I worry? Are these fire ants? Are they even ants? The purported European Fire Ant invasion in the GTA led me to look em up, and they don't seem to have wings like mine do.

Hmmm. :(

What are you waiting for? Burn it with fire. Or else evolutionary ants with wings will all be your fault.

Top Bottom