• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Hieberrr

I.. biked home. It was fun
3AQmK.gif

calder

Crazy weather. Been a rough year fr Canadian cities so far, lets hope injuries are minimal. When it was first reported I didn't realize just how awful the situation in Lac-Mégantic was.

Stay safe Toronto GAF.

Living on top of a hill has its advantages. Drink my rain Toronto.

I got soaked on Yonge/Steeles. A really loud thunderbolt hit close to me too. Truly apocalyptic.

explodet

I had to walk through multiple streets filled with backed-up sewage. Not fun. Power is out in my building too.

Thankfully there's a building in my neighborhood that still has power - a Second Cup, of all things. I'm hijacking their outlet and wifi until it gives out or the power comes back on. Thank heavens I like their coffee.

Power is down at high park and clendenan. Oddly my cell phone won't work in my building. I have to leave and cross the street to use it. Makes no sense.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
No power here in north York. And today was the one day I forgot to charge my laptop before leaving. Bleh can't even watch DVDs tonight. This phone battery is close to gone too :(

Lexxism

Wow. At my place, it's perfectly fine with no floods and we still have electricity. Didn't expect that the effect will be this great on downtown.

My basement is flooding. We got a tiny sewer drain or whatever its called down there (old house) so its draining nicely but my god just keeps flowing in.

zroid

Banned
Wow, you guys ;\

Things are relatively peachy where I am, by the looks of it. Rain is falling but it's light, and the sky hasn't darkened at all.

Quadratic

Getting home today was not fun. Streetcar had to short turn and the subway dropped off the entire train at Broadview. Lots of cranky, wet people on the commute.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
My house is fucked. Waterfall in basement. Almost nothing I can do but watch. Lol

I know that feel.

I forget how many years ago it was but we had another major flooding here. My entire street got flooded and the sewers backed up. I was in my basement as the sewage drain shot a few feet into the air and brown water starting pumping out. By the time it finally stopped it was up to the top step on the stairs. Was absolutely disgusting.

garth2000

One of the GO trains on the Richmond hill line is stuck and under water.

Water has filled the first floor of the train. Everyone is stuck on the second floor :(

3.5 hours later and still no power. Fuuuck. I want to eat but I need the oven or microwave.

My drive home was one of the most horrifying moments of my life. I was legit shook.

Smo21

If you live in Mississauga Oakville has got power. At bk right at Winston and Dundas right now. Kinda packed but its food

Literally nowhere to eat where I am. Mall closed early and McDonald's was a no go. Was willing to beat anything but I've given up. Had two bowls of cereal that's enough for me I guess.

Top Bottom