• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Well, move your stuff up as much as you can, I guess
Its all my sisters junk. I have nothing down there lol. Thankfully we have a drainage pipe down there so water is only about just around my feet. Not knee level or anything. Just everything on the floor is soaked.

Nothing like what kave man described hah.

Some news channel on my street now though ~_~

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Found some images, seems it was back in 2004 or my calendar was wrong either way:

Flooding:
basement2.jpg

Afterwards:
basement.jpg

diaspora

No no no no no!

Also not gonna lie wish I could use this as an excuse to not go into work tomorrow.

If you live in ‎#Mississauga/ ‎#Oakville/
park your cars inside, do not leave home.

My minor in ‎#meteorology is finally coming in handy-
look at the pictures below, we have just crossed a eye of a mini storm. a much larger system is moving through Michigan up towards from the ‎#LakeErie side, and ‎#PeelRegion is going to get his hard in the next few hours.

ONCE AGAIN THE STORM WE ARE GOING THROUGH IS JUST THE BEGINNING!

1st picture is the radar to track the storm system.

2nd picture is out cloud cover and you can see that another hurricane like system is going through the eastern USA, if the it crosses ‎#Philadelphia then we are in the clear is it makes its way to ‎#NewYork it will move westward and colide with our system- to give you all the most amazing hail storm ever.

‎#STAYSAFE

"Rainfall amounts over 90 mm have been reported in parts of the Greater Toronto area thus far, and will likely exceed 100 mm before the rainfall tapers off late this evening"

http://weather.gc.ca/warnings/report_e.html?on24

6jB3WDz.jpg
iMszrRn.jpg

Firest0rm

Left work 7 pm, walked all the way to bloor got on subway to Lawrence then walked to York mills and now waiting for a ride to pick me up. It's jam packed here. No power, people hiding under the gas station.

at the office we saw the construction sites by the QEW and York st turn into mini waterfalls.

Some slight flooding in the back of the apartment complex. One unit has a bit of flooding. I live on the ground floor. Don't think I'm going to sleep. Just put the gaming pc on the kitchen table.

Turns out I never lost power. But yeah, looks pretty bad outside (and so weird to see that south of Steeles from where I am is pitch black)

cbox

It took me 5 hours to get home tonight guys, 5 hours. Every route I tried to take was denied as anything under a certain depth was under water.

Someone hold me :(

trixx

Got my power back around 10 minutes ago. One of those days where you're like "thank god im not on wind mobile". Hope everyone gets through this some bad things occurring around the city im guessing

Wow. They had the most annoying woman on cp24 complaining that the train rescue is taking too long. I think she wants to sue. Take it easy. They need to take their time to get everyone off safely.

Power never went out around Pearson where I am. Water has receded here and minus a bunch of garbage scraps on my lawn and a now damp basement, I'd say everything turned out okay. Rain seems to have stopped here. Only concern is a lot of the water soaking up my walls and getting into cracks behind my fireplace. I don't know what to do about preventing mold and shit now.

Oh and buying a shop vac tomorrow. Would have made cleaning up a lot easier. Hands hurt from mopping and wringing towels.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Wow. They had the most annoying woman on cp24 complaining that the train rescue is taking too long. I think she wants to sue. Take it easy. They need to take their time to get everyone off safely.

Haha was thinking the same thing listening to her.

cbox

I tweeted to cp24 to get her off , oh man what an idiot. I understand she's frustrated, but somehow she's pissed at GO for the fucking lake on the tracks...

cube444

Crazy. I was in Whitby all day today and avoided this rain. Just got home at 9:30pm and used Vic Park off the 401 to head south instead of taking a chance on the DVP.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
YEEEEEAAAA ITS BACK. OH PRECIOUS LIGHT. HOW I MISSED THEE

OMG MY POWER IS BACK IS SUCH A THING EVEN POSSSIBLE FINALLLLYYY more than 5 hours. It was an ordeal guys. FIRSTWORLDPROBLEMS.

I had to subsist on some canned foie gras. What a nightmare.

Top Bottom