• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Okay I may rescind my confidence.

Walking to my car it felt and smelt like it would rain later. :(

Is this what we've become? We fear rain?

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Okay I may rescind my confidence.

Walking to my car it felt and smelt like it would rain later. :(

Is this what we've become? We fear rain?

We're Toronto

We put on our Canada Goose knockoffs the moment the temperature drops below 15 degrees

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
perfect weather today. hope i'll be able to sleep in my own damn room instead of the basement again...

edit: THAT'S IT! I've had it!!!!! Chrome is a piece of wonky piece of shit. I can't believe the day where I want to go back to FireFox now. Fuck Chrome.

Sober

perfect weather today. hope i'll be able to sleep in my own damn room instead of the basement again...

edit: THAT'S IT! I've had it!!!!! Chrome is a piece of wonky piece of shit. I can't believe the day where I want to go back to FireFox now. Fuck Chrome.
Chrome vs 1 gif, that single gif always wins.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
http://www.thestar.com/life/food_wine/2013/07/12/poutine_festival_coming_to_toronto_in_august.html

Fries, cheese and gravy already get the individual attention they deserve in today’s foodie society, so it’s high time then to fete the delicious results of their sublime combination.
That is precisely what a new Toronto startup is planning for a late August weekend. Toronto Poutine Fest, the city’s first-ever dedicated celebration of the Canadian dish, promises to pay proper homage to the almighty poutine.
“The fact that Toronto hasn’t had a poutine festival yet is insane,” said Melissa Chien, co-founder, along with two others, of Joylister, the fledgling events company throwing the event. “It’s embarrassing.”
Organizers are expecting more than 400 lovers of salt and fat to converge on The Beer Academy, at 75 Victoria St., from 5 to 10 p.m., Thursday, Aug. 22, to partake in an all-you-can-eat poutine situation.

For $35 (purchase tickets at Torontopoutinefest.com) you get all of the poutine you can eat — vendors will be filling sample bowls all night long — three cups of craft beer selected specifically to pair with the various types of curd, fry and gravy combo and a vote to crown the Poutine King of Toronto.

Mother of God!

krae_man

Wwe scalping them?

evpzoiH.jpg

There were front row tickets to $800 earlier.

Roto13

I mean in theory this sounds amazing and my erection is raging right now at the thought of this. But poutine is incredibly filling. No way I get $35 worth of potatoes and cheese in me. On top of that then you got Beer! I'd be 10lbs heavier the next day and feel like shit for a week if I went all out and stuffed my face.

There's this place in Vancouver that has awesome poutine, and a large poutine is like $10 and it's HUGE and four $15 or something you can get unlimited poutine, but I always thought "who can possibly eat more than a large? I'm a pig and I can barely finish a large."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2013/07/12/toronto-scarborough-subway-murray.html

Ford rode into office on a mantra of cutting taxes. But in this instance he said he was willing to raise taxes slightly — by about $5 per household per year — to help finance the subway extension. He called it "an investment."

I don't fucking get this idiot. He votes against every single revenue tool when it comes to improving transit and gridlock for the entire GTA, but he's willing to raise taxes for a Scarborough-only subway?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2013/07/12/toronto-scarborough-subway-murray.html

I don't fucking get this idiot. He votes against every single revenue tool when it comes to improving transit and gridlock for the entire GTA, but he's willing to raise taxes for a Scarborough-only subway?

Elected politicians shouldn't be getting involved in this process. The people who are actually paid to study travel patterns and decide appropriate levels of service that areas should receive decided that the SRT has lower ridership than Sheppard, and that the new LRT was completely appropriate.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

I guess if Ford is ready to raise taxes to help finance the subway that means that he has cut all the gravy at City Hall and there is nothing left he can cut. Congratulations Rob Ford!

Top Bottom