• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

krae_man

Subways subways subways!!

tumblr_ma2hr0zE3n1qeg4syo1_400.gif

TAXES THE FINGER THING MEANS TAXES

I'm so hungry right now with a buzz on and nothing to eat in my house. I wish I could eat this picture.

Anyone not insured pay for dental out of pocket? I got a friend looking to get a cleaning and he isn't insured at the moment and looking for an affordable place. He knows about the schools already but the wait times are too long.

My dentist charges like $250 but I'm insured. Bunch of scammers.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I'm so hungry right now with a buzz on and nothing to eat in my house. I wish I could eat this picture.

Anyone not insured pay for dental out of pocket? I got a friend looking to get a cleaning and he isn't insured at the moment and looking for an affordable place. He knows about the schools already but the wait times are too long.

My dentist charges like $250 but I'm insured. Bunch of scammers.
All I've heard of are the schools if you want to save money :(

krae_man

My dentist charges like $150 for a regular cleaning.

Aren't there just hygienists offices now? Didn't that just become a thing recently? He could try going to one of those. Although they won't be able to help him if he has any problems that a Dentist would need to take care of.

Willectro

Banned
My dentist charges like $150 for a regular cleaning.

Aren't there just hygienists offices now? Didn't that just become a thing recently? He could try going to one of those. Although they won't be able to help him if he has any problems that a Dentist would need to take care of.

I dread going to the Dentist. I think the government needs to step in and lower the prices so that normal people can afford to go on a regular basis. But I guess they know that there is no money to subsidize dentistry. I think dentists should be well paid, but many of them are quite wealthy which I think is pretty ignorant. Having a healthy mouth is important for overall health, but these pricks have made it insanely expensive.

Willectro

Banned
I absolutely cannot afford to go to the dentist.

That's all there is. I can't go.

Last time I went, I had booked to get a cavity filled. I get there, get in the chair, dentist tells me that "the xrays are a month too old (6 months), have to do new ones before filling, just to be sure". $400 later I got the cavity filled. And that was the "good rate". Ugh. Time for a check up and
wallet
cleaning soon.

krae_man

My dentist keeps stabbing my gums with sharp metal objects and claims they are bleeding because I don't floss enough.

Last time I went, I had booked to get a cavity filled. I get there, get in the chair, dentist tells me that "the xrays are a month too old (6 months), have to do new ones before filling, just to be sure". $400 later I got the cavity filled. And that was the "good rate". Ugh. Time for a check up and
wallet
cleaning soon.

The X-Ray probably didn't cost you much of anything. My bill for regular checkups with an X-Ray isn't noticeably different then one without one. The main thing they charge for is time. It all depends on how long the assistants are with you are more importantly, how long the dentist was in there with you.

My dentist charges $40-$50 for X-Rays so not quite "nothing" but maybe cheaper than one would expect. I hear $30-$50 is the norm. X-rays every 6 months is just a scam pure and simple. Not to mention potentially dangerous? What about radiation? It is probably very minimal but still a scam to have them done that often. It is sad to me that a lot of people just cannot afford to go to the dentist because it is too expensive.

I think he's going to check out kijiji. Apparently there are some cheap deals on there. Not sure the quality of these dentists but I guess you gotta do what you gotta do.

Quadratic

Does anyone in the thread live around or near liberty village? Currently condo shopping and while walking around the neighbourhood it seems really nice except that I take public transit and it looks like it's only an Ossington bus serving the immediate area. I assume it's crazy packed during all hours. Would it be wise to look for a unit with parking and also invest in a car just so I don't need to rely on TTC in this area?

Hieberrr

Does anyone in the thread live around or near liberty village? Currently condo shopping and while walking around the neighbourhood it seems really nice except that I take public transit and it looks like it's only an Ossington bus serving the immediate area. I assume it's crazy packed during all hours. Would it be wise to look for a unit with parking and also invest in a car just so I don't need to rely on TTC in this area?

I work in the area and it seems ridiculously packed unless you live in one of those townhouses and are able to grab a parking spot. The Ossington bus is the only one that actually goes into the village iirc. However, you can always use the King streetcar or Dufferin bus.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Feels like 40.
Feels like 38.
Feels like 40.
Feels like 37.
Feels like 39.

cQIS4ZK.gif
The thing I can't understand, and I hope someone can explain, is why it's so much hotter at night.

Sun isn't up anymore, but it's actually jotter at night for me, which sucks cause I'm trying to sleep, and then cool in the morning....when the sun is up....

Anyone?

Quadratic

Went to Grand Electric last night and was shocked their patio isn't open yet. One of the hottest restaurants during the summer only having indoor seating kinda sucks. Especially since the lines are longer due to lack of seating.

Choice Tacos there had to have been the beef shoulder (OMG soo good) and the obligatory fish tacos.

Three $4 wild turkey 81 shots one after the other almost made me pass out lol.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
The thing I can't understand, and I hope someone can explain, is why it's so much hotter at night.

Sun isn't up anymore, but it's actually jotter at night for me, which sucks cause I'm trying to sleep, and then cool in the morning....when the sun is up....

Anyone?

Mother Nature does not want me to get a good night's sleep. :(

Honestly, I don't know. It's just like sometimes it's hotter inside that it is out.

zroid

Banned
Ah, so I don't think I talked about my Ruth's Chris experience earlier. Went a few days ago to the Mississauga location. I shared the Porterhouse for Two, although we ended up packing enough to give me another solid meal, so it was more like a Porterhouse for Three, realistically. :p

Anyway, it was excellent. Both the filet and strip portions. The sizzling plate service was great, and I loooved the seasoning. Normally I like sauce on my steaks -- peppercorn sauce in particular -- but these were so juicy, buttered, and well-seasoned, that they were perfect as-is.

And since we were celebrating a birthday, they gave us a complimentary slice of "flourless" chocolate cake. Was delicious. Had the same sort of texture as a chocolate truffle, and then drizzled with raspberry sauce. So yeah, definitely pleased; still need to try Jacob's one of these days, but the Mississauga Ruth's is as good as ever.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Ah, so I don't think I talked about my Ruth's Chris experience earlier. Went a few days ago to the Mississauga location. I shared the Porterhouse for Two, although we ended up packing enough to give me another solid meal, so it was more like a Porterhouse for Three, realistically. :p

Anyway, it was excellent. Both the filet and strip portions. The sizzling plate service was great, and I loooved the seasoning. Normally I like sauce on my steaks -- peppercorn sauce in particular -- but these were so juicy, buttered, and well-seasoned, that they were perfect as-is.

And since we were celebrating a birthday, they gave us a complimentary slice of "flourless" chocolate cake. Was delicious. Had the same sort of texture as a chocolate truffle, and then drizzled with raspberry sauce. So yeah, definitely pleased; still need to try Jacob's one of these days, but the Mississauga Ruth's is as good as ever.
Glad to hear you had a great time there. I may need to try the Mississauga location next time.

Definitely go to Jacob's if you can. It is overpriced to hell and back but god DAMN was it good.

Sober

Two things that Toronto reddit meetups have over GAF's:

1) regular schedule
2) it isn't a sausage fest

see what I did there?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Two things that Toronto reddit meetups have over GAF's:

1) regular schedule
2) it isn't a sausage fest

see what I did there?
Not a sausagefest? You mean there are GIRLS on the INTERNET?! D:
willing to meet guys they only know from a forum?

I guess krafty is busy fending off women that make more than him?

We did have a smaller MH3U meet up though.

Top Bottom