• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

A friend of mine who lives in Etobicoke still doesn't have power. Hasn't had power since Monday evening.

I'm still concerned they might cut power to the High Park area again today while they do repairs on the Kipling station.

Latest:

http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/more-rain-expected-after-toronto-s-record-setting-storm-1.1360820

Latest details:
5,000 to 10,000 customers remain without power
More rolling outages possible this morning
TTC: No subway service between Kipling and Islington
TTC: Long travel times between Bay and Greenwood
Go Transit: Lake Shore West - Full, but slow service
Go Transit: Richmond Hill - Full, but slow service
Go Transit: Milton - No service to Kipling
Summer school at Bishop Allen Academy cancelled

Read more: http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/more-rain...-record-setting-storm-1.1360820#ixzz2Ydyw1fD7

I wish they would stop calling them rolling outages since they just happened once in the same area yesterday.

Liberty4all

Banned
I came home last night to find every single damn thing in the house unplugged. My wife wanted to do "our part".

I eventually coaxed her into letting me plug back in the TV and cable modem lol

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I no longer believe weather reports. It will be humid and no rain.

If I'm wrong may kraftwerks strike me down.

Spl1nter

I no longer believe weather reports. It will be humid and no rain.

If I'm wrong may kraftwerks strike me down.

Weather forecasts have been so bad this year. Dont know if they have gotten a single day right. They were calling for <10mm rain on Monday. Just phoning it it.

BadWolf

Full subway service has been restored:

Official TTC Tweets &#8207;@TTCnotices 12m
ALL CLEAR: The closure at Kipling Stn has now cleared. Regular service has resumed both ways from Islington to Kipling Stns.

Oppo

Aw man that thunderstorm watch does not look good

City of Toronto
10:50 AM EDT Wednesday 10 July 2013
Severe thunderstorm watch for
City of Toronto continued

Potential for severe thunderstorms this afternoon and evening along a cold front.

This is an alert to the potential development of severe thunderstorms with large hail, damaging winds or heavy rainfall..Monitor weather conditions and listen for updated bulletins.

A cold front will cross Southern Ontario from west to east this afternoon and evening. Conditions ahead of and along the front will be favourable for the development of severe thunderstorms. Wind gusts to 90 km/h are possible with these storms, as well as hail 2 cm in diameter and heavy downpours up to 50 mm in an hour.

The front will affect Southwestern Ontario early this afternoon, the Greater Toronto area and South Central Ontario by mid afternoon, and Eastern Ontario late this afternoon and early this evening.

hold onto yer butts

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Sort of looks like it might miss us?

6jBp7RK.gif

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
It looks like it will miss us, going south of us

But depends entirely on if there's any expansion when it crosses the lake

We are only seeing what is happening now, not what will happen

Top Bottom