• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Can you guys please move to Nunavut already and stop complaining about the heat every 5 seconds.

Beach. Bikinis. Boobs. Go.

Ok I give Fuzzy immunity to complain since working on a roof in this heat would be pretty bad.
You and pyro are monsters.

Heat. Humidity. Hell.

Fuzzy makes enough for AC on.

Edit: in short, fuck heat and the Miami Heat too.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I complain but I do it out of love.

If it were up to me it'd be stupid hot during the day and then winter cold from midnight to 6am so I can sleep all nice and cool.

BOOM BITCHES

Heat stroke.

I remember when I got heat exhaustion and fainted when I walked from Yonge / 16th to Bathurst / Elgin Mills during a heat wave, or about the same distance from Yonge/Lakeshore to about Eglinton for you downtown folks (except it's 1/100th as interesting since Richmond Hill is 90% parking lots).

And I'm still a summer person, you wimps!

Azih

I wonder if you can invent some sort of super dry sponges that you wring all the humidity from the space around you, leaving you with a nice dry pocket of perfect weather.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
You and pyro are monsters.

Heat. Humidity. Hell.

Fuzzy makes enough for AC on.

Edit: in short, fuck heat and the Miami Heat too.
I do have my AC cranked. In fact, I sleep with a comforter. :)
My only problem is actually working in this heat. At least I can take a break in a trailer with AC when I need to cool down.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I want one of those drones following me around all day blowing cold air at me. Yeah, that's the future.

Wow. ontariocolleges.ca is a terrible website.

Maybe you young'ins can help. I have been out of school for about fifteen years and want to apply to a program that still has openings this fall. I picked the program, requested a transcript, and paid $117.

Just checked back a day later and there is no confirmation that the high school transcript I requested is being sent to the destination I required. It lists that I requested one but nothing more.

Gah. I know I will have to call them but I just needed to vent. I just feel like I've thrown my money into a black hole. No confirmation. No detailed information. Nothing. Just give us your money and then hope that everything is done that needs to be done behind the scenes between these various institutions.

I think it will just be easier if I go in and get my high school/college transcripts and hand deliver them to the people who need to look at them. I wish you could just cut out the middle man.

There also needs to be a separate portal for mature students. Everything is geared to kids just coming out of High School. For someone deciding to return years later the whole process can be confusing without a guidance counselor holding your hand.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
When I needed my HS transcript three years ago when I joined my union it was a pain in the ass. I called my old HS and they said I could just stop by and they'd print one out for me. When I got there they told me that because I graduated before 2000 I had to call the school board and have them mail it to me. It took about a month before I actually got it in the mail. I can't remember how much it was.

When I needed my HS transcript three years ago when I joined my union it was a pain in the ass. I called my old HS and they said I could just stop by and they'd print one out for me. When I got there they told me that because I graduated before 2000 I had to call the school board and have them mail it to me. It took about a month before I actually got it in the mail. I can't remember how much it was.

With a modernized system this wouldn't be a problem. Everything should be in a computer and transmitted electronically with ease. If I call up the school board and ask them to transfer my transcript information they should be able to send it to the application centre or college/university of choice in 24 hours. Especially if I'm paying them $25 to do it. This shouldn't be rocket science.

Going to call up the ontariocolleges.ca website after lunch. I have a feeling this whole process is going to be a pain in the ass. Doesn't help that I'm doing all of this mid-summer either.

Kraftwerk

Anyone down for an impromptu meet up tonight? I have some appointments until 4 and then I will be downtown doing fuck all.

Nothing crazy. Just would like to have a few drinks.

Let me know!

Well. My application got through to Humber at least and they matched my old records with my account. They have my old student photo ID from 15 years ago up and my previous Humber grades.

Damn, I was a looker.

yyzjohn

Banned
All this time I thought Ford saying that an LRT is a streetcar is an LRT was just him trolling LRTs, but now I think he honestly believes they're the same thing. Completely idiotic.

OK he's dumb but in some ways loveable too, like the crazy uncle you always have over that ruins family get togethers.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
No one?

Kaveman , my friend?

Sorry man, I am playing baseball at 7pm otherwise I'd be down there.

You could have just watched me die in the heat as opposed to getting your hands dirty actually killing me.

Everyone be sure to pray for me at 7pm when I have to once again wear my full baseball uniform and go out in this heat. Worst part is I lost my sunglasses so I will be all squinty eyed too.

yyzjohn

Banned
Sorry man, I am playing baseball at 7pm otherwise I'd be down there.

You could have just watched me die in the heat as opposed to getting your hands dirty actually killing me.

Everyone be sure to pray for me at 7pm when I have to once again wear my full baseball uniform and go out in this heat. Worst part is I lost my sunglasses so I will be all squinty eyed too.

Prayers sent buddy.

Oppo

D4bhyT2.jpg

neck based air conditioner

the future is now

I love the smell of skin searing in the sun. Yum. It is delicious out there today. I wish I had a pool though. No public pool around me. Public pools are gross anyways. Doesn't everyone pee in them? I know I do.

Only bad thing about this heat comes with taking public transit. Some nasty ass BO up in there.

Appleman

I'm supposed to pick up my bike from the shop today..... Going to be a rough ride home from downtown, and Thurs/Fri looks like rain so that would be even worse

Scarborough subway extension approved.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2013/07/17/toronto-subway-scarborough.html

But if the Feds don't kick in the extra money, or Flaherty doesn't bother to pick up the phone when Ford calls, this thing is dead.
I really want to see the feasibility of this thing.

http://www.ttc.ca/About_the_TTC/Commission_reports_and_information/Commission_meetings/2008/Dec_17_2008/Supplementary_Reports/Yonge%20Subway%20Extensi.pdf - This was the feasibility doc for the Yonge extension, and it was kind of interesting to see how the impact study is done, the coverage, etc. I have a hard time seeing how if this is just an extension of the Sheppard line, that residences in south Scarborough would go for it.

I work 8 and a half hour shifts outdoors. You don't know what heat is.
Just for summer while school is out I work in a shitty non-air conditioned warehouse. Unloading those trailers (thankfully not more than 10lbs a box) can be death with how hot it is in them. Prob 5-10° hotter than outside? A giant metal box. Its like a sauna. I am a sick person though and love it.

Kraftwerk

Felt like I hit a wall as soon as I stepped out of the air conditioned meeting.

But I am enjoying the heat now. That is imo what makes it worse :you get pussified by being around acts. I'm walking around downtown right now and it feels good.

Scarborough subway extension approved.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2013/07/17/toronto-subway-scarborough.html

But if the Feds don't kick in the extra money, or Flaherty doesn't bother to pick up the phone when Ford calls, this thing is dead.

I was angry when I read the headlines but was surprised by the position Glen Murray took. So the province isn't offering any additional funding, it's up to the feds and the City to pick up the $1.8 billion tab.

All in all, this is pretty shitty. The subway is going to built when? 2020? 2025? What makes us so sure we won't elect a Harris that is going to see it for the waste of money that it is, and cancel it? This is setting us back another 30 years :s

Samyy

I was angry when I read the headlines but was surprised by the position Glen Murray took. So the province isn't offering any additional funding, it's up to the feds and the City to pick up the $1.8 billion tab.

All in all, this is pretty shitty. The subway is going to built when? 2020? 2025? What makes us so sure we won't elect a Harris that is going to see it for the waste of money that it is, and cancel it? This is setting us back another 30 years :s

Just hope the Feds so no and this all goes away

Samyy

All this time I thought Ford saying that an LRT is a streetcar is an LRT was just him trolling LRTs, but now I think he honestly believes they're the same thing. Completely idiotic.

He's just comparing them to get his base all riled up and to scare some uninformed residents would be my guess.

Top Bottom