• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Quadratic

Just saw Whitehawk while on the Danforth. Could not remember his actual name so I could only call him by his GAF handle.

Bonus: Pacman themed cookies at Red Rocket Coffee.
null_zpsa21e3604.jpg

Damn it generic-Asian GAF, why are nearly all the white girls in HK blondes? Is that why my parents spirited me away to Canada? Because they must've known I was not a blonde guy.

Also got some looks today because I Have a number 3 haircut and not some actual generic Asian man haircut (which is either something that looks like a Stephen Harper hairdo with varying levels of balding OR a really poorly cut Caesar with overgrown sideburns).

More importantly though the MTR is cooler than the TTC. As in they pretty much have air conditioning in almost everything.
Yes. MTR is god damn awesome, and makes the TTC look a full century behind.

In other news, god damn this heat. WHY.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Damn it generic-Asian GAF, why are nearly all the white girls in HK blondes? Is that why my parents spirited me away to Canada? Because they must've known I was not a blonde guy.

Also got some looks today because I Have a number 3 haircut and not some actual generic Asian man haircut (which is either something that looks like a Stephen Harper hairdo with varying levels of balding OR a really poorly cut Caesar with overgrown sideburns).

More importantly though the MTR is cooler than the TTC. As in they pretty much have air conditioning in almost everything.
Korea, Japan, HK have much more efficient and modern systems. I blame the unions?

As for the blondes, I'm guessing most of the are Russian girls. And the weirdos there go nuts for white girls but go fucking insane for blonde girls.

Willectro

Banned
Votes. Scarborough population makes up about 1/4 of the entire city.

This is the disgusting reality. This will not fix any of the shit show downtown, specifically on the YUS line. It may actually compound the issue, as more people may use the subway.

Sober

I survived last night, but out again I go tonight at least it's at 9:30pm!
7:30 am in hong kong and it's 27C and 97% humidity I challenge you come over here kavey.

Just saw Whitehawk while on the Danforth. Could not remember his actual name so I could only call him by his GAF handle.

null_zpsa21e3604.jpg
I don't know any of your real names anyway :(

So I'm going on a date Saturday night. First date to be exact. I was just going to get some Korean BBQ, but she texted me and asked my what I want to do. I'm assuming she wants to do an activity. Any suggestions? We're meeting at Tonge and Dundas, so something close by would be great. We're also meeting at 5:30.

This is the disgusting reality. This will not fix any of the shit show downtown, specifically on the YUS line. It may actually compound the issue, as more people may use the subway.
As pointed out as part of the entire voting process, this new subway is going to force their hand for making the relief line (and I believe they acknowledge that)

So I'm going on a date Saturday night. First date to be exact. I was just going to get some Korean BBQ, but she texted me and asked my what I want to do. I'm assuming she wants to do an activity. Any suggestions? We're meeting at Tonge and Dundas, so something close by would be great. We're also meeting at 5:30.

Korean BBQ can be an activity.

jokkir

http://www.waterfrontnightmarket.com/

?

Walk around, and eat food. But the transit kind of sucks going to, and back home.

Samyy

Having dinner is great for a first date, I enjoy it more then things like movies etc.
Walks in a park could be good too, whatever lets you guys talk!
Good luck half fun :)

Must be a lot easier to find good date spots in Toronto compared to Mississauga, I essentially grew up on walk dates around freaking Square one.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
7:30 am in hong kong and it's 27C and 97% humidity I challenge you come over here kavey.

I don't know any of your real names anyway :(
I know kave's, EM's, and Quad's (Larry, Moe, Curly)

As for added_time it's 'I hate your fucking face'

Kraft was something I couldn't even pronounce... I assume it was Melissa.

I hate Korean BBQ. How bad of a person am I on a scale of 1-742 for this? I also think animal crossing is dumb. I think if I went to a GAF meet up I'd end up hating all of you. Come at me, suckers! Too cool for this school.

If you enjoy poutine more than Korean BBQ, own a PSVita, and are on #TeamHeat, then MAYBE I'll show you some love.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I hate Korean BBQ. How bad of a person am I on a scale of 1-742 for this? I also think animal crossing is dumb. I think if I went to a GAF meet up I'd end up hating all of you. Come at me, suckers! Too cool for this school.

If you enjoy poutine more than Korean BBQ, own a PSVita, and are on #TeamHeat, then MAYBE I'll show you some love.
You had good Korean BBQ and not the Chinese imitation?
AC isn't everyone's cup of tea so no problem

I do have a Vita, I like poutine as well but I can't find a good place here.

#teamheat?! :mad: you sumbitch....

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member

Hmm, I do really like poutine and I am on #TeamHeat, but I don't own a Vita. How's 2 out of 3?

Oppo

null_zpsa21e3604.jpg

There's at least 3 of us over here ;) I go to Red Rocket for my espresso. They have standup comedy in there sometimes, it's awkward/awesome.

criesofthepast said:
*raises hat*

Azih

As pointed out as part of the entire voting process, this new subway is going to force their hand for making the relief line (and I believe they acknowledge that)

Really? The liberals started extending the damn YUS lines to Vaughn and Richmond Hill without acknowledging how overloaded the poor thing already is. Lastman's stubway was built as well that feeds into YUS and the DRL wasn't built to alleviate the extra load that brought either.

Bullshit us vs them politics in which Toronto suffers from a federal and provincial perspective and then the downtown core suffers from a municipal perspective has fucked this region for a long time. No matter that the DRL is meant to be used by people from ETOBICOKE and SCARBOROUGH to get to WORK and back divisive politicians have succeeded in convincing rubes that it's for elitist latte sippers in the downtown. It's ridiculous.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I wonder if we would have gotten more funding if that plan to become our own province worked.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Top Bottom