• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Sober

Speaking of bites I hate mosquito bites.

At least this mild typhoon warning in hong kong gives us some rain. Too bad I can't give you some rain. Maybe by the time we get back TO will be semiflooded.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
raaiiiin!

also what's up guys. haven't posted here for a while.
I remade your avatar so it doesn't look like shit on GAF dark.

rr8SJNN.png

zeitgeist

So I went to like, 5 Winners stores today (braving the rain for a few) and have been looking for cheap Jays hats. I want to be supportive but 25-45 bucks for a hat is nuts.
Any suggestions for a cheap sports store or something?

You guys really gotta do something about your random spurts of sewage smell on the street.

I have no idea how you guys can live in it, let alone breathe it.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
lol now I don't want to. Am I the only one who is as unprepared for a fire as can be. I got no detectors and no extinguisher.

Me neither. My only option was to grab on to it, run it like a football down a flight of stairs and heaved it into the lawn lol

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
2 out of 3 not good enough. Sorry. *ignores*

:sadface:

Got hit by the rain this afternoon on the 401 while driving back from Kingston. Hit two areas where it was really coming down hard. Between Belleville and Trenton and again between Cobourg and Port Hope. The second time I couldn't see anything farther than 2 car lengths ahead of me with the exception of the taillights on the car ahead. Couldn't even see the rest of the car.

Roto13

York area had a poweroutage, lightning took down a tree.

Holy crap that is EXACTLY it! I thought it was a bigass grey rat at first! Thanks!!

Apparently my friend has a baby opossum in his recycling bin right now.

Except that's anecdotal so it's definitely not true.

Oppo

You guys really gotta do something about your random spurts of sewage smell on the street.

I have no idea how you guys can live in it, let alone breathe it.

Well we did have a record flood not that long ago. But that's a Core phenomenon for the most part.

Apparently my friend has a baby opossum in his recycling bin right now.

Except that's anecdotal so it's definitely not true.

dammit you beat me to the joke :)

New York is way worse. That entire city smells like hot garbage to me.

NYC is definitely worse but also their streets are so fucking old, and sewers so narrow, and pop. density so much higher....

Magik

Goddammit still no water. Anybody know what website or phone number I can call to get a status on the water mains in Toronto?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Oh right.

Review of Shinobu Sushi

Apps: We had a bunch of different appetizers (Toriten Nanban, Salmon Yukke, and Shimesaba) and the Shimesaba (mackerel) was the best of the bunch with the Toriten Nanban a good #2 (chicken). The Salmon Yukke was small, unappetizing and a waste of money, so avoid it if you go there.

Drinks: I bought a bunch of beer from the LCBO, so I didn't try anything there except the green tea. The green tea was excellent and made of the good powdered stuff not the shitty tea bags. There were a bunch of sakes available, but again, I had a bunch of beer already, so I didn't bother.

Service/Dining room: This place was really really small; it only has space for a maximum of 20 people, so if you want to try this place out, be sure to call early and ask for reservations. Otherwise, the Japanese servers there were pretty friendly and I thought they did a good job. I didn't have to ask for refills of anything, and the food came out promptly.

Mains: My cousin and I had the Supreme Assorted Sashimi and my wife had the Supreme Assorted Sushi. The presentation was pretty unique as I got mine with the actual fish head still on there (eyes on and all). Still, I've had much better sashimi at other places and I was quite disappointed as this place is also on the Japanese Canadian Restaurant Association and I expected better of them. My wife's sushi was ok, but she didn't feel like finishing it, so there was red flag there.

Overall: We each gave the place 6s.

The search for a successor to Mikado continues...

explodet

MY FIRST PARKING TICKET HARLLKFGLDKJRLKDFVLKJ

Ah well. Checked it out, won't affect my record or my insurance. Just going to pay it and move on with my life.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Hey GAF, what's the best thing to get at Burger Priest? I'm headed there now
Double cheeseburger.

Could also try stuff off their secret menu but don't get anything blue cheese as it overpowers the meat.
Edit: I'm sorry, DoctorWho?
Edit2: Zee, what did you like about the Aurora location?

zroid

Banned
Edit2: Zee, what did you like about the Aurora location?

Well, it was about a year ago that I went, but from what I remember, everything was well-prepared and tasted fresh. The fish had just the right texture. Restaurant was clean and not too cramped either. It was just a good experience, overall. I think it justifies the above-average prices.

Top Bottom