• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Every other time I come to Pearson there is always a huge queue at customs.

People were extra salty that there was a lady holding up the line taking forever to take off her shoes, belt, etc. I really hope it's because she's never been through airport security before.

Lots of nerds on this flight to Seattle. No Gaffers though :(
If I had went I would have flown out today. Tuesday? God damn you have too much time off. :p

Rinoa

You better be checking the RWBY/Rooster Teeth stuff!

Sucks Porter don't fly there. Hope they fly to more places soon, I am dying for proper business class to many random cities because these pearson lines cut into my tiny amount of sleeping hours and I have to be up all night/next day like reguluh.

Quick

Banned
You better be checking the RWBY/Rooster Teeth stuff!

Sucks Porter don't fly there. Hope they fly to more places soon, I am dying for proper business class to many random cities because these pearson lines cut into my tiny amount of sleeping hours and I have to be up all night/next day like reguluh.

Pearson isn't as terrible with lines as LAX, to put things in perspective.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Pearson is surprisingly the seventh fastest airport in the world in terms of getting people through.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
The thing about Pearson is that it's so cold and utilitarian, full of glass and steel girders. Which I guess is a pretty good introduction to Toronto.

Quick

Banned
The thing about Pearson is that it's so cold and utilitarian, full of glass and steel girders. Which I guess is a pretty good introduction to Toronto.

When people enter Terminal 1, they're technically looking at Mississauga, which is pretty unimpressive, outside of the Marilyn Monroe towers. :p

Come at me, Mississauga-GAF.

When people enter Terminal 1, they're technically looking at Mississauga, which is pretty unimpressive, outside of the Marilyn Monroe towers. :p

Come at me, Mississauga-GAF.
No one from Mississauga GAF will come at you because we all know it's a piece of shit along with everything else west of it.

Rinoa

The customs line is a very depressing thing. But the layout of the airport is what messes with me because there are some longass stretches of distance that are impossible for people with heavy things or handicaps to get by easily if they fly in with certain airlines. Doesn't help that the escalator things are off 99% of the time.

Kraftwerk

They are playing Back to The Future tomorrow noon at the Bell Lightbox . I think I am gonna go. Always enjoy watching classic movies on the big screen. Makes me very nostalgic.

Quadratic

If I had went I would have flown out today. Tuesday? God damn you have too much time off. :p

I wanted to see more of the city than just downtown. I got ribbed in the Seattle thread for wanting to "travel out" to Fremont. Which is only like 30 mins away by bus. Kinda like going to Leslieville from Yonge/Dundas.

Roto13

I'm...confused....

Anyone else got a case of buynewgamesandnotfinisholdgameitis?

Why did I buy SR4? Cause I was bored...even though I have a ton of other games I need to finish.

I have a mild case where I buy every game I'm even a tiny bit interested in, as long as it's on sale for at least 75% off.

Then I go back and play old games instead of playing my new ones.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
As part of my winning a GAF Bingo round I ended up with a code for Super Metroid for Wii U. Since I bought it for $0.34 when it was on sale I have decided to offer it to a member of Toronto-GAF first. Quote this post and it's yours.

zroid

Banned
My partner and I won a round of GAF Bingo. I asked Zeer0id to be my partner first but he picked someone else.

I was set up, I swear! I never saw you ask, and my partner-to-be PM'd me. :(

Next time, Toronto GAF shall take Bingo to town and have its way with it.

Roto13

As part of my winning a GAF Bingo round I ended up with a code for Super Metroid for Wii U. Since I bought it for $0.34 when it was on sale I have decided to offer it to a member of Toronto-GAF first. Quote this post and it's yours.

I would love it. :O

I just got my Wii U and I regret missing all of the cheapy games.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I just joined a boxing club. You are going down Kave_Man.

#realtalk

tumblr_m4939uyEai1r3j1hmo1_500.gif

I went to one of those plays they have down in High Park. Shakespeare in High Park or whatever.

Their adaptation of Taming of the Shrew was certainly unique. They turned Lucentio into a Lucentia and made the relationship between Bianca a lesbian one. It was also kind of modern day.

The play was alright, would have been better without the mosquitos. Or me having to stand up for 90 minutes. Should have gotten there earlier.

Rinoa

I've been to one of those shakespeare in park things when I was younger. We went like 45min early to get a good spot. Yup, mosquitoes because it was the evening. They make them more comedic/modern to keep audience entertained.

...in Mississauga.

What's considered a middle class income nowadays?

Even some parts of sauga starting to cost a lot, like the weird towers.

So is there really usually more traffic the day after labour day. I've never had a job that I've driven to until this year and I'm kind of worried about underestimating back to school. Or is it just a little more....

Fuzzy

So is there really usually more traffic the day after labour day. I've never had a job that I've driven to until this year and I'm kind of worried about underestimating back to school. Or is it just a little more....
Depends what time you start in the morning. For me it doesn't make a difference in the morning (7am start) but I notice the difference in my commute home (2:45-4:30 shift end depending if I'm working 7.5-9 hour days) because that's when school is getting out.

Depends what time you start in the morning. For me it doesn't make a difference in the morning (7am start) but I notice the difference in my commute home (2:45-4:30 shift end depending if I'm working 7.5-9 hour days) because that's when school is getting out.

pretty much have to be at work at 8:30. I usually leave at 7:55. Works out pretty well. Afraid that there will be mega traffic out of nowhere and I'll risk being late. But also fear I'll leave early and get there with way too much time to spare lol.

Fuzzy

pretty much have to be at work at 8:30. I usually leave at 7:55. Works out pretty well. Afraid that there will be mega traffic out of nowhere and I'll risk being late. But also fear I'll leave early and get there with way too much time to spare lol.
It's okay to be early for work. Just read GAF on your phone.

Mississauga, the new burger talk?

I haven't spent much time there, but they do got Kaji Sushi at least. International Centre too?

I'm not a Mississaugan (and as y'all well know, the Escarpment stretches a long, long way around the west side of the GTA); more or less speaking to the assertion that everything west of and including 'sauga sucks cheese.

The first week is pretty bad. Then it smooths out a bit - though beware the 8-9AM crunch time.

Coffee shops were invented for this very purpose, I think.

Lurkee

Neo Member
I went to one of those plays they have down in High Park. Shakespeare in High Park or whatever.

Their adaptation of Taming of the Shrew was certainly unique. They turned Lucentio into a Lucentia and made the relationship between Bianca a lesbian one. It was also kind of modern day.

The play was alright, would have been better without the mosquitos. Or me having to stand up for 90 minutes. Should have gotten there earlier.

Hey, I was at Sunday's showing too! We got there half an hour before the show started and by then, all the seats were taken, so we were forced to sit on the grass on the side. Still a pretty fun night out, though.

Top Bottom