• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
The funny thing about the episode was that a Sous-chef from P&L was at Priest and called it the best burger in Toronto. :lol

Anony

so i wrote a cheque to my friend in US and he has that it takes a month for the cheque to clear
when i asked by bank, BMO, they said it would take like a week to clear

anyone have any experience with a US bank depositing a canadian cheque?

isny

napkin dispenser
so i wrote a cheque to my friend in US and he has that it takes a month for the cheque to clear
when i asked by bank, BMO, they said it would take like a week to clear

anyone have any experience with a US bank depositing a canadian cheque?

Your bank is wrong, your friend is right (from my experience.)

Dyno

How do you fuck up a food stand that is only open for two weeks?

It should be going in clean! You need to keep it clean!

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Two Toronto firefighters suspended for sexist tweets: http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...posted-absolutely-unacceptable-sexist-tweets/

Too bad that National Post article neglects the fact that those two tweets were quotes from The Office and South Park. At least CTV News mentions this. http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/two-toronto-firefighters-suspended-for-twitter-comments-1.1421822

Yeah but their real crime was saying the office is better than seinfeld.

25 to life no parole

Stet

Banned
Okay, Toronto-GAF, I'm currently taking donations to afford the $135 it'll cost me to get into Fan Expo and have a photo taken with both Luke Perry and Jason Priestley.

Do me proud and list your pledges.

yyzjohn

Banned
Okay, Toronto-GAF, I'm currently taking donations to afford the $135 it'll cost me to get into Fan Expo and have a photo taken with both Luke Perry and Jason Priestley.

Do me proud and list your pledges.

Priestly has aged better than Perry.

Oh and I've never contributed to the burger discussion before, but I'd proffer the Rosedale Diner's wagyu beef burger. Legendary. Was just thinking about that as I was there again earlier this week and tried their bison burger. Also good (though it was my first time trying bison so I don't have a basis for comparison there).

Jayhawk

I went to 'Gangster Burger' a few weeks ago on Queen St and tried the 'Pretty-Boy Floyd', a burger that has mac and cheese between the buns on top of the burger. It was awesome, yet so unhealthy.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Oh and I've never contributed to the burger discussion before, but I'd proffer the Rosedale Diner's wagyu beef burger. Legendary. Was just thinking about that as I was there again earlier this week and tried their bison burger. Also good (though it was my first time trying bison so I don't have a basis for comparison there).
For 35 dollars? Wasn't even big...?
I went to 'Gangster Burger' a few weeks ago on Queen St and tried the 'Pretty-Boy Floyd', a burger that has mac and cheese between the buns on top of the burger. It was awesome, yet so unhealthy.
That sounds bad...enough to try...hmmm

Kraftwerk

You simply cannot make this shit up;

image.jpg

Hulkamania and Ford Nation are set to collide in Toronto on Friday morning when a legendary pro wrestler and the city’s mayor square off in an arm-wrestling match.
A news release from the mayor’s office says the contest between Hulk Hogan and Rob Ford promises to be a “friendly” but “epic” arm-wrestling competition.

I love this man.

Bonus Pic;

UL8fOBA.jpg

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Hm I asked my friend who works for the LCBO to see if he can get me any st bernardus but the location I went to just now was pretty big and they just told me it's not available or some shit and to call their hotline to ask them.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I really want to go to Fan Expo but the gaming section always sucks. Why, Toronto D:<
It's been bad for awhile. I'd only go to meet up with you guys if I was going, but mixing it in with the horror shit and then reducing the size and offering crap deals soured me on it. Hope you guys have fun this year though.

For the St. Bernardus, it might not be in the system yet (I don't see it on lcbo.com, either). It's a 750 ml bottle, too, not the 330. I can confirm the Summerhill location has it as that's where I got it. Huge display when you walk in the north entrance.

For 35 dollars? Wasn't even big...?

Was that the prix fixe price? I had it back during Winterlicious so I don't remember. I didn't have a problem with the size, either. It was some of the best quality beef I've tried in a burger. And unlike many burgers I've sampled, actually held together. I'm forced to disqualify any burger when the bottom bun disintegrates.

Sober

It's been bad for awhile. I'd only go to meet up with you guys if I was going, but mixing it in with the horror shit and then reducing the size and offering crap deals soured me on it. Hope you guys have fun this year though.
You suck, why can't you make the meetup again?

Roto13

I promised free beer, so he can't have any of that!

So tempted to go. But err... is there a point for me to go just for games? Is it even worth it just for the lines of stuff?

Last year I couldn't be bothered to stand in line for any games.

BUT, I did get a shit ton of 3DS street passes, and I bought an import copy of The Last Window, which is great.

Hard to say whether you personally would find it worth the price of admission, and I have no idea how much patience you have for lines. (I have none.) :p It definitely seems to be more about comics than games.

Top Bottom