• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
i8JsQpuqAcUJU.jpg
Toronto photo of the day

Kitchen renovations

2014 for LRVs, all stations by 2015, 2016 for the rest.
*sigh* I simply dont understand what is taking them so long to just do this already. I bet if they really wanted they could have the entire system hooked up within a week. I doubt there is any testing remaining that hasn't been done already.

Quadratic

Anyone else get Killzone Mercenary this week? Wow. I want to get a meetup going so we can play local multi.

Well, maybe just Alpha and I. Who else has a vita?

Quick

Banned
*sigh* I simply dont understand what is taking them so long to just do this already. I bet if they really wanted they could have the entire system hooked up within a week. I doubt there is any testing remaining that hasn't been done already.

Probably just to "ease" people into the transition. I do wish it was all done by 2014.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport

"Because they suck" is always the answer regarding the TTC

Sober

Seriously I was heading home last night on the subway and ... it's fucking 2013 and not all the subways have air conditioning yet? What the hell guys.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Seriously I was heading home last night on the subway and ... it's fucking 2013 and not all the subways have air conditioning yet? What the hell guys.
Maybe they just didn't turn it on? I know all buses have it...whether the goddamn driver turns it on is another story.

Quick

Banned
Slightly off-topic: For the longest time, I was wondering why Conan's been on such a long hiatus compared to The Daily Show and The Colbert Report on The Comedy Network.

I've been seeing Conan commercials on Much Music, but I thought they were reruns. Now I find out Comedy actually moved the show to Much permanently.

Totally ruins my late night show viewing. It was perfect: Daily Show, Colbert, Conan. Much put Conan on at 11, it's original slot on TBS, so now I can't watch them all back-to-back.

Quadratic

Now it's going to be 9 months of Leafs talk. My Raps are going to be buried in the news (understandably, they are terrible) unless we tank hard enough and get the first pick Andrew Wiggins.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Slightly off-topic: For the longest time, I was wondering why Conan's been on such a long hiatus compared to The Daily Show and The Colbert Report on The Comedy Network.

I've been seeing Conan commercials on Much Music, but I thought they were reruns. Now I find out Comedy actually moved the show to Much permanently.

Totally ruins my late night show viewing. It was perfect: Daily Show, Colbert, Conan. Much put Conan on at 11, it's original slot on TBS, so now I can't watch them all back-to-back.
Christ! Who can watch that many talk shows in a row!
Now it's going to be 9 months of Leafs talk. My Raps are going to be buried in the news (understandably, they are terrible) unless we tank hard enough and get the first pick Andrew Wiggins.
Yes. Cause they're bad and should feel bad. But this new GM already got rid of BADnani so it's a start.

Where is EM when I need to troll the Raptors...

Kraftwerk

Sushi Kaji

:"(

I don't think I will be able to eat normal food like a pleb anymore. I think I will have to start a hermit diet-phase where I eat once a week, and that one time is always at Kaji. All my income towards Kaji.

The whole experience was incredible.

I will now cry myself to sleep...tears of joy.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Sushi Kaji

:"(

I don't think I will be able to eat normal food like a pleb anymore. I think I will have to start a hermit diet-phase where I eat once a week, and that one time is always at Kaji. All my income towards Kaji.

The whole experience was incredible.

I will now cry myself to sleep...tears of joy.
Devil is in the details. Details, man! Glad you liked it! I think if there is one even higher it would be Kaiseki Yu-Zen Hashimoto.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
#TANKNATION

we are so getting 9th place

Raptors are gonna fuck up and make the playoffs thus giving us a zero percent chance to draft #1.

You know I'm right, take a look at the East and I dare you to say confidently that with the team we have right now we aren't in the mix to get the 7th or 8th spot? :(

jl4855

Raptors are gonna fuck up and make the playoffs thus giving us a zero percent chance to draft #1.

You know I'm right, take a look at the East and I dare you to say confidently that with the team we have right now we aren't in the mix to get the 7th or 8th spot? :(

after getting rid of tank commanders AA / Kleiza there's no hope. who will rise to the occasion this year and drive the tank???

Willectro

Banned
Purveyors of Coffee in Toronto: Please, this should go without saying but, your disposable cups shouldn't leak, specifically when the intended contents are hot.

Divvy

Devil is in the details. Details, man! Glad you liked it! I think if there is one even higher it would be Kaiseki Yu-Zen Hashimoto.

I was thinking of checking that place out later this year. But man that price tag, not sure if it's worth it.

Azih

I think the Raptors should aim to be in a spot where, four years from now, Wiggins can come in and take over with JV. JV needs playoff experience man.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

My cousin used this logic last season, 'the East sucks' well the Raps suck MORE. Hopefully, Uljiri can pick a good player. Or we can get another Andrea lol
I was thinking of checking that place out later this year. But man that price tag, not sure if it's worth it.
That's OK. Kraftwerk will go and report back. I've been to Jacob's steakhouse and I think Hashimoto is way up there in price too.

Brinbe

We'll finish 9th as always.

Kraftwerk

Edit: damn you Kraftwerk, where are my Kaji details!? >=[

My bad!

Sat by the chef My friends at the embassy helped me get fast reservations.

Ordered from the most expensive menu, as it was my birthday. Wanted to spoil myself :D

The chef is a pretty awesome guy, very friendly. Not the stereotypical 'soup nazi ' type. The presentation was absolutely stunning. I didn't even want to eat the food. Hell, didn't even want to touch them because I would ruin the perfection.

The taste of course, was ... :")

I had everything from eel, rockfish, spanish mackerel, duck etc... Fuck man, I even had a barracuda for the first time.

Even the damn chicken soup was in a different dimension compared to every other soup I have had.

Yes it is expensive, but truly an experience.

I am definetly going to save up and treat myself at Hashimoto around Christmas.

p.s Next gaf meetup at Hashimoto!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
My Tdot bros (and sistas) which of you are getting GTAV?

And which system? I'm trying to decide if xbox or ps3...my decision will hinge more on which one will have more people I know playing.

Divvy

A G20 officer is finally found guilty of assault with a weapon

A Toronto police officer accused of using excessive force while arresting Adam Nobody, a 27-year-old G20 protester, has been found guilty of assault with a weapon. Nobody was arrested at Queen’s Park on June 26, 2010 by Constable Babak Andalib-Goortani; what was at issue in the case was not whether the arrest was appropriate, but the manner in which it was carried out.

Canadian Press is reporting that Justice Louise Botham commented in her decision that “a police officer is not entitled to use unlimited force to affect an arrest.” She found that the force Andalib-Goortani used was unnecessary and found his defence that he was subduing Nobody’s resistance unpersuasive.

Andalib-Goortani is also facing a second charge of assault with a weapon—one involving former Torontoist writer Wyndham Bettencourt-McCarthy. She was reporting on the G20 protests for us at Queen’s Park, on the same day as Adam Nobody was arrested. Andalib-Goortani was charged in that second case on February 1, 2011; no court date has yet been set for the trial.

My Tdot bros (and sistas) which of you are getting GTAV?

And which system? I'm trying to decide if xbox or ps3...my decision will hinge more on which one will have more people I know playing.

I am leaning towards the 360 version since my fat 40 GB ps3 is starting to sound like a vacum when it's on.

Top Bottom