• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Fairly certain preloading is only for Europe because the North American PSN team is constantly scrambling around, desperately trying to get everything uploaded to the servers by the end of Tuesday.
But somehow they're saying it'll be available for download at 12:01am EDT (they say EST but they're too stupid to know the difference).

Omlagus

No pre-loading of GTAV for North America. But it will be available for download starting at midnight tonight (EDT) according to the blog.

+ Morgan Haro on September 16th, 2013 at 9:39 am said:
also, to be clear, midnight tonight, Eastern Standard Time

Dyno

Anyone hitting the shops at midnight? The Best Buy on Dundas is giving away t-shirts and money clips, though in some limited numbers.

I'll see if I'm still awake to walk over.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Anyone hitting the shops at midnight? The Best Buy on Dundas is giving away t-shirts and money clips, though in some limited numbers.

I'll see if I'm still awake to walk over.
Both FS and BB tweeted there will be no money clips tonight. They both said there would be a $5 coupon instead.

tE5OtZX.png

Quick

Banned
I forgot how the lowest form of humans come out to these things.

I filled up my quota of homophobic shit for the year with people here.

EB at Yorkdale was packed, could have been 200 people there by my shitty people counting skills. Their new location made getting in there a pain in the ass. Getting the game went smoothly, though, at least compared to the mess that was the GTA IV launch.

terrible

Banned
EB Games in Gerrard Square had two pretty long lines. I was surprised. I've only ever gone to midnight releases at Game Centre before though so maybe it's always that crazy at EB Games. Took about an hour for me to get my game :(

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
EB Games in Gerrard Square had two pretty long lines. I was surprised. I've only ever gone to midnight releases at Game Centre before though so maybe it's always that crazy at EB Games. Took about an hour for me to get my game :(
Huh you're close by me. I'm a 5 min walk away.
Burger joints in Los Santos?
LOS SANTOS BURGER'S PRIEST! >=[

Edit: I didn't pick the game up as I'm waiting on a PC version

zorbsie

Went to the GTAV midnight release at Game Centre on Danforth. Surprised at how many people were there. So many "gangsters", kind of made me embarrassed to be there. Maybe I'm just too old for this stuff now.

Azih

Went to the GTAV midnight release at Game Centre on Danforth. Surprised at how many people were there. So many "gangsters", kind of made me embarrassed to be there. Maybe I'm just too old for this stuff now.
Were you the oldest person there?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

I picked mine up here in Thornhill so I was definitely not the oldest...but the older guys were with their kids.

Willectro

Banned
But somehow they're saying it'll be available for download at 12:01am EDT (they say EST but they're too stupid to know the difference).

Based on my experience last night on PSN, I think I'll be cancelling my next gen preorders. I can't deal with this shit anymore. They fuck up the simplest things such as time zones which should be painfully simple. It's also annoying that EU got to preload but not NA because Sony didn't want to impact the precious retailers (who can fuck themselves because the service they are providing is beyond simple). I'm not saying PC is superior or anything, but for me it is a better experience overall. Maybe in a few years time I'll pick up a console, but until then PC/3DS. Yea, I'm salty.

Azih

Based on my experience last night on PSN, I think I'll be cancelling my next gen preorders. I can't deal with this shit anymore. They fuck up the simplest things such as time zones which should be painfully simple. It's also annoying that EU got to preload but not NA because Sony didn't want to impact the precious retailers (who can fuck themselves because the service they are providing is beyond simple). I'm not saying PC is superior or anything, but for me it is a better experience overall. Maybe in a few years time I'll pick up a console, but until then PC/3DS. Yea, I'm salty.

Consoles are best when they're in their golden years honestly. Tons of cheap games, reliable hardware etc.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know if old news or not but just saw on cp24 that Walmart, futureshop, best buy, and indigo are going to be offering same day shipping now? Order before noon and receive it by the evening. Wonder how much that'll cost...

Canada Post pilot program for 6 months Toronto only. More stores to come if it is a success I guess.

http://m.thestar.com/#!/business/ca...s-in-the-gta/dcc692f1e2766f27c6908ad3ffd52ff8

From the article:

At Future Shop and Best Buy Canada, products must be ordered before 11 a.m. to qualify for the service, which will cost $13.95.

At Indigo, customers need to place their online order by 12:30 p.m. to receive their package the same day. Pricing starts at $13.95 per order, or more for heavier packages, said Janet Eger, vice president, public relations for Indigo Books & Music Inc.

Also your link doesn't seem to work for me. :/

Top Bottom