• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
What you're all saying is very reassuring. Haha. Thank you.
Do yourself a favour and invest in an RRSP and you'll 'get' that tax money back til you retire.
Yeah 40k is decent money for a single person provided you don't have a car, crazy rent or a coke addiction.
Seriously, just be careful what you spend, get Alpha to pay for the beer, and you'll be fine.

If you aren't buying games full price every week and going out to eat all the time, 40k is decent.

Agreed, Metrolinx was a good attempt but I think it will ultimately be another eHealth. Good decisions need to be made right from the onset, and I think Metrolinx has proven it's inability already with the slow and shortsighted implementation of Presto.

Metrolinx is an arms-length Liberal marketing firm. The Ministry of Transport, which is easily swayed by political opinions, does the actual works and studies. Well, sometimes they don't bother studying, they drew a line on a map when Murray announced his technologically impossible two-stop Scarborough subway.

ZqIw6aP.jpg

source

jl4855

Yeah 40k is decent money for a single person provided you don't have a car, crazy rent or a coke addiction.

yep, gotta cut down a lot of the extra spending and you'll be fine. still doesn't leave much to savings though, but you can build that slowly over time.

Yo guys (and girl), what's another good place to find want ads for real-estate? Other than kijiji and craigslist. Is there a site I'm missing?

Buy or rent? mls.ca has (most of) the homes for sale.

For renting you can search under major landlord names (capreit, greenwin, etc) or aggregator sites like viewit.ca or torontorentals.com...

Buy or rent? mls.ca has (most of) the homes for sale.

For renting you can search under major landlord names (capreit, greenwin, etc) or aggregator sites like viewit.ca or torontorentals.com...

basically I'm looking to find someone who can take a place off my hands. Not looking for a place myself. Cheap place, not like a full blown home or some shit. Kijiji and craigslist I know has the most students and stuff so I always check those. Always wondered if there was more.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Well that's not really true. Not that it isn't a good idea to invest in RRSP for your retirement, but you won't get back as much as you put in on your current taxes.
Not 100% of course -_-

But it's still good to contribute and you'll still get some money back.

Anth0ny

ASG in 2016 is going to be fucking awesome. Always dreamed as a kid that it would come to Toronto someday.

Of course Toronto Raptors forward Andrew Wiggins will be starting for the East.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I've been wanting this All-Star game FOREVER!

Fingers crossed that having these season tickets will finally benefit me and give me some discounts!

Quadratic

This Friday is my last Jays game for this sad sack team. AA sold me some fools gold this year.

I'm a fan 100% win or lose, but with all the moves it seemed like we had a chance at "meaningful baseball" in September. It's easier to swallow a sub 500 season when you have no expectations.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Doubt it, the NBA is going to reserve every seat for its sponsors

Bitch don't kill my vibe. :(

Although I wouldn't be surprised I just don't think there's any way they'd not give something to season seat holders.

This Friday is my last Jays game for this sad sack team. AA sold me some fools gold this year.

I'm a fan 100% win or lose, but with all the moves it seemed like we had a chance at "meaningful baseball" in September. It's easier to swallow a sub 500 season when you have no expectations.

Feels bad man. Although I will fight anyone who wants AA fired for this, he deserves a chance at least to fix this.

Personally I think it starts at Arencibia, I love him as a person but as a catcher he can go die in a ditch.

Azih

Isn't the whole point of the NBA All Star game the stuff that happens AROUND the All Star game and not the game itself anyway?

Quick

Banned
Feels bad man. Although I will fight anyone who wants AA fired for this, he deserves a chance at least to fix this.

Personally I think it starts at Arencibia, I love him as a person but as a catcher he can go die in a ditch.

We're better off now than with Ricciardi.

I hope this doesn't dissuade Rogers from spending some money again to get some good players on the team.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
We're better off now than with Ricciardi.

I hope this doesn't dissuade Rogers from spending some money again to get some good players on the team.

I think Rogers will be committed to whatever AA wants to do (barring a Dodgers payroll of course). I think they decided to ride this thing out for the next 3-4 years and see what this brings us.

krae_man

Bitch don't kill my vibe. :(

Although I wouldn't be surprised I just don't think there's any way they'd not give something to season seat holders.

I guarantee you the number of season ticket holders + the number of seats they are required to reserve for sponsors, the league, players, etc as a condition of even getting the event will be greater then the capacity of the arena.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I guarantee you the number of season ticket holders + the number of seats they are required to reserve for sponsors, the league, players, etc as a condition of even getting the event will be greater then the capacity of the arena.

Just did a quick googling and found this quote from last year:

"They'd have to force me to take the All-Star Game. They take over the building, your season-ticket holders have to be in a lottery to see if they get tickets and then they don't get a good ticket. Really, no good can come out of it and all it can do is upset your fans…I'd like to help the city bring in out-of-towners, help hotels, help restaurants. I just know talking to other people that your fans can't see the game."

Feels bad man. :(

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I went to the Apple Store at Markville today to get my iPhone5 replaced because the power button was broken. Dear god I hate the Apple Store. It's not like it took long or anything it's just that I hate the whole atmosphere of that place.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I went to the Apple Store at Markville today to get my iPhone5 replaced because the power button was broken. Dear god I hate the Apple Store. It's not like it took long or anything it's just that I hate the whole atmosphere of that place.
Why not upgrade?

to an Android

krae_man

Okay so there is a Watch Dogs Launch Party some time between Nov 1st and Nov 19th according to the app contest. There's a contest that includes flight and hotel and an invite.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I went to the Ai Wei Wei exhibit at the AGO today. It was really good stuff, although I remember how much I hate crowded museums. Though the David Bowie exhibit was even more crammed.

Also:

Also I went to Sansotei Ramen today, and yeah that one is my new favourite now. Dat Tonkatsu.

Top Bottom