• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Quadratic

Well...

We were supposed to make MH meet ups fairly somewhat semi regular...kinda...just been too busy to organize. And EM ran off.

I'll be good to get out and local co-op hunt again. I found it quite fun. Any TOGAF with low HR can come and get boosted. I'm not quite G rank yet but I'm a mission away. Beerstation was fine but I'm apt to go to a coffee shop as well.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I'll be good to get out and local co-op hunt again. I found it quite fun. Any TOGAF with low HR can come and get boosted. I'm not quite G rank yet but I'm a mission away. Beerstation was fine but I'm apt to go to a coffee shop as well.
Need to plan next meet up period. Ahem Kraftwerk...unless you're still being tied up
by Harley
?

krae_man

Sony Holiday Preview event is soon, And we still need someone to give us deets on the AC4/Watch Dogs Launch Party. We'll be hanging out again soon regardless.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Well he said he had to grow a beard, so I'm assuming it won't be until like December 2015. :p
oho thems fightin words. Your move, Kraftwerk.

Sony Holiday Preview event is soon, And we still need someone to give us deets on the AC4/Watch Dogs Launch Party. We'll be hanging out again soon regardless.
Details...? I feel like there's not anything else to learn about those two games. All the videos and details they've released revealed a lot already. I'm still getting WD and asking if one of the managers can get his son and maybe some staffers to sign it (he did the reload animation) but AC4? Bleh

krae_man

I don't know, I don't work for Ubisoft. I just Tweeted @ubisofttoronto and asked so we'll see what happens.

Nothing has been announced yet. I doubt we'll get another invite via Tsilon, we'll need another hook up.

Or we can just pretend to be press and they will panic and let us in and give us the awesome swag in fear of us giving the game(s) a bad review like what Fuzzy did last time.

Sober

I don't know, I don't work for Ubisoft. I just Tweeted @ubisofttoronto and asked so we'll see what happens.

Nothing has been announced yet. I doubt we'll get another invite via Tsilon, we'll need another hook up.

Or we can just pretend to be press and they will panic and let us in and give us the awesome swag in fear of us giving the game(s) a bad review like what Fuzzy did last time.
We could just grill soultron about it (and to give us details on BG&E2)

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I foresee FS/BB never delivering games on launch day some time in the near future in the hopes of squeezing out a little more money. Wednesday delivery will become the norm.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Anyone know where I can buy plastic boxes like these?

WL2XtLb.jpg

Free same day shipping from Walmart is great. Fuck off best buy $14 is such a rip off. Walmart got my business now. I've only ever bought online from them once but that will change now. Although their online selection isn't that great if I recall.

Quadratic

Free same day shipping from Walmart is great. Fuck off best buy $14 is such a rip off. Walmart got my business now. I've only ever bought online from them once but that will change now. Although their online selection isn't that great if I recall.

Even if it isn't same day shipping. I ordered Black Ops II for the 360 yesterday night and it's being delivered tomorrow.

Rinoa

saw the new street car do a test run down the 501 queen last night

it's so hot

Coworker told me that because the new streetcars are longer and 'hold more people' (but barely cuz those things are cramped), they will have 1/3 the amount of streetcars running in future. Please tell me this isn't true...

On a happy note, horsecops were outside of my house today for opening of a garden laneway! They're never this far from exhibition, so I never thought I'd see this in my life.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Coworker told me that because the new streetcars are longer and 'hold more people' (but barely cuz those things are cramped), they will have 1/3 the amount of streetcars running in future. Please tell me this isn't true...

On a happy note, horsecops were outside of my house today for opening of a garden laneway! They're never this far from exhibition, so I never thought I'd see this in my life.

well... it's not like the old street cars are going away any time soon.

we have 250 old streetcars and are getting 210 new ones

meaning... we are almost doubling our fleet. When the old ones finally are phased out... we will probably have another 100 street cars on the way (hey look: http://www.railwayage.com/index.php...ls-60-more-bombardier-flexity-streetcars.html)

also blame the dummies that cancelled the waterfront west LRT which would have replaced the streetcar up until roncesvalles... that lakeshore stretch can absorb almost 10% of the fleet

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Well that was awkward...took a look at your link; checked your friends to see if we knew the same people...saw an ex on there :p

Small world.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Argos likely leaving Rogers Centre after 2017

The Toronto Argonauts’ days at Rogers Centre are numbered.

The CFL club has signed a lease agreement with the facility through Dec. 31, 2017.

However, no renewal is expected past that date and the Argos have the option to terminate the deal earlier if they so wish.

Paul Beeston, the president and CEO of Rogers Centre and baseball’s Toronto Blue Jays, said the agreement helps both parties.

"The length of the deal allows the Argonauts a reasonable period of time to pursue other stadium options while allowing us sufficient time to plan the logistics of various stadium improvements including the installation of a grass playing surface for baseball at Rogers Centre," he said.
http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cf...rs-centre-reach-lease-agreement-through-2017/

Hype!

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Really? I took that with my Sony Cybershot RX-1. I thought it looked just as real as being there.

Nooooooo....The world is being taken over by the big flying magenta heart

Brb locking myself in the basement

i guess i should also say welcome back :>

Rob Ford is the gift that keeps on giving. I just saw the news story about the portrait his mom had commissioned. I can't believe this is real life, I almost died laughing when they unveiled it.

Rinoa

well... it's not like the old street cars are going away any time soon.

we have 250 old streetcars and are getting 210 new ones

meaning... we are almost doubling our fleet. When the old ones finally are phased out... we will probably have another 100 street cars on the way (hey look: http://www.railwayage.com/index.php...ls-60-more-bombardier-flexity-streetcars.html)

also blame the dummies that cancelled the waterfront west LRT which would have replaced the streetcar up until roncesvalles... that lakeshore stretch can absorb almost 10% of the fleet

Will we have more routes by the time we get the 210 new ones?

Also worried about the way the doors seem to open flush to the streetcar, far too many people do not pay attention to streetcar exit/entrance - even with honking/etc.

Well that was awkward...took a look at your link; checked your friends to see if we knew the same people...saw an ex on there :p

Small world.

Ruh roh, good or bad ex?

Roto13

Also worried about the way the doors seem to open flush to the streetcar, far too many people do not pay attention to streetcar exit/entrance - even with honking/etc.

Ruh roh, good or bad ex?

You and I have a mutual friend that leads me to believe you're on EyesonFF

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Ruh roh, good or bad ex?
New streetcar routes? With all the people complaining about the track construction and maintenance? Hah! As for safety, you're right. Few pay attention to the exit/entrance and it's something I don't like about using streetcars.

As for your other question...hmmm...well I don't bear any ill will or grudges towards her. I just don't talk to any of my exes.

Rinoa

You and I have a mutual friend that leads me to believe you're on EyesonFF

I was on there once upon a time, username there was Rinoa too. Mebbe our mutual friend is from FFO/FFSociety?

New streetcar routes? With all the people complaining about the track construction and maintenance? Hah! As for safety, you're right. Few pay attention to the exit/entrance and it's something I don't like about using streetcars.

As for your other question...hmmm...well I don't bear any ill will or grudges towards her. I just don't talk to any of my exes.

Would the eglinton line use the same streetcars tho?

Quadratic

Anyone have a good recommendation for Japanese curry / Katsu downtown? I love the cafe at J-Town but it's not an option today.

I like Manpuku, but their sauce is a bit on the runny side and I prefer the udon vs their don.

Top Bottom