• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
gpxY3mO.png

Well shit

Anyone in the area want to grab pokemon XY early?

And grab me a copy? :p

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu so Jealous!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
No GOO for you!
It pissed me off during the last Simpson's event that I was less than 50 eggs away from getting the next reward when I saw there was an update so I updated it. I didn't get the reward because of that. All I had to do was launch the game and collect what I needed before updating. :(

It pissed me off during the last Simpson's event that I was less than 50 eggs away from getting the next reward when I saw there was an update so I updated it. I didn't get the reward because of that. All I had to do was launch the game and collect what I needed before updating. :(

LOL, whacking day was annoying

Squid port and krustyland were far more fun

zroid

Banned
the other non-downtown GTA locations for the Poké-fest have been revealed:

• Richmond Hill – Elgin West Community Center – 11099 Bathurst Street
• Oshawa – Civic Recreation Centre – 99 Thorton Rd S

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
the other non-downtown GTA locations for the Poké-fest have been revealed:

• Richmond Hill – Elgin West Community Center – 11099 Bathurst Street
• Oshawa – Civic Recreation Centre – 99 Thorton Rd S

What's going on at these poke-fests?

zroid

Banned
Yup... lol

my way out is you can also "dress up" as a trainer... so I might go as Hilbert... maybe >_<

I really do want that damn Poké Ball

Sober

The leafs went 82-0 in NHL Stanley Cup on the SNES for me. Although I don't think the dump the puck trick will work in the real world.
Oh god, NHL Stanley Cup on the SNES and the puck dump from the blue line trick? Holy shit I remember doing that too.

Leafs gotta step up their game now.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
As long as we're undefeated everyone can stay on the bandwagon. If a loss pops up it's time to cast some of you into the void.

Oh god, NHL Stanley Cup on the SNES and the puck dump from the blue line trick? Holy shit I remember doing that too.

Leafs gotta step up their game now.
Actually 2 variants...
1 was dumping the puck right at the blue line
2 was dump the puck from just below the circle (squared to the goalie), they'll run around the net thinking it's been dumped, but the puck will bounce back off the boards right back to you, giving you an empty net to shoot on.

Quick

Banned
As long as we're undefeated everyone can stay on the bandwagon. If a loss pops up it's time to cast some of you into the void.

There's suddenly an influx of Leafs fans on my social media feeds, it's pretty funny. And a chunk of them made fun of me for being a Leafs fan at one point or another.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
There's suddenly an influx of Leafs fans on my social media feeds, it's pretty funny. And a chunk of them made fun of me for being a Leafs fan at one point or another.

Yup sounds about right.

I have through the years have friends who bash the shit outta the Leafs but when they made the conference finals suddenly there they were running down Yonge street with the rest of us.

yyzjohn

Banned
Yup sounds about right.

I have through the years have friends who bash the shit outta the Leafs but when they made the conference finals suddenly there they were running down Yonge street with the rest of us.

Happens all the time. There's a contingent of people who like to bash things to get a kick out of it, but if the thing they bash is successful they jump on board to take part in the festivities. Not just limited to Leafs, but yeah those people bug me. First ones to get the car flags after bashing the Leafs for years.

Can I fall under the indifferent category? I want to support the leafs, but I don't see how this lineup can do any better or worst than last year.

Brinbe

Can I fall under the indifferent category? I want to support the leafs, but I don't see how this lineup can do any better or worst than last year.
Well, because they're much better actually. Guys like Bernier/Clarkson/Bolland/Raymond are an improvement over who we had before and younger players like Kadri/JVR/Gardiner have another year of experience under their belt.

We've come quite a long way from the utter shit we were three/four years ago.

Quick

Banned
My support for the Raptors has always been between "Hank Hill nodding (well, alright!)" to "middling indifference."

I have a good feeling moving forward with Masai Ujiri, the effort being put into building a contender and rebranding the team in the future.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I want the Raptors to get good again so we can go back to the days where suburban white parents felt threatened that their kids loved basketball more than hockey.

And yes it did happen, people used to call into the Chuck Swirsky show all the time to say they hated basketball because they felt it was taking away from hockey in this country.

I want the Raptors to get good again so we can go back to the days where suburban white parents felt threatened that their kids loved basketball more than hockey.

A lot of the people moving to the suburbs now are from India, Pakistan and Sri-Lanka. Fuck hockey, gimme that cricket uprising!

Anyways, soccer is going to eventually take over. It's just too big worldwide and information spreads instantly now which creates interest here for things that are big everywhere else.

Azih

The problem with hockey is that it's such a damn expensive and difficult sport to play. Not just the equipment but the surface itself. Ice-time isn't easy to come by.

Brinbe

My support for the Raptors has always been between "Hank Hill nodding (well, alright!)" to "middling indifference."

I have a good feeling moving forward with Masai Ujiri, the effort being put into building a contender and rebranding the team in the future.
What? Not when Vince was here. They just completely failed to capitalize on that. It's a miracle that they're as popular as they are at all. Bargs, BC and babs would've been killed off lesser franchises.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
What? Not when Vince was here. They just completely failed to capitalize on that. It's a miracle that they're as popular as they are at all. Bargs, BC and babs would've been killed off lesser franchises.

I honestly cannot wait for the day Vince gets his number/personage/whatever raised to the rafters in Toronto.

Haters gonna hate but he is a big reason why Canadians are starting to become a decent force when it comes to bball in the world.

Azih

Hell it's why Wiggins wants to play for the Raptors.

Vinsanity was such a damn potent force. If Tmac had been just a little less stupid and if Vince had been just a bit more dedicated....

:_(

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Hell it's why Wiggins wants to play for the Raptors.

Vinsanity was such a damn potent force. If Tmac had been just a little less stupid and if Vince had been just a bit more dedicated....

:_(

if the NBA back then had the rookie deals that we do now we would have had TMac with Vince. :(

Top Bottom