• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

So I just got a job that requires both a clearance letter and a vulnerable sector reference check, and I can't for the life of me find any website that gives me the times, locations and places where I can get these things. Can anyone lend a hand?
http://www.yrp.ca/community-policing/how-do-i/vulnerable-sector-screening.aspx ? is that it ?

http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/recordsmanagement/clearance.php ? this too ?

quick google. Not sure if you already did that lol.

zorbsie

Anyone else stop by the Xbox One truck today? They had Killer Instinct and Forza 5 going.

Played a bunch of Forza 5. Got to drive every car in the demo. Wish it was a better track that was available. There were 2 dudes playing killer instinct. I helped them record a round on their phone. They seemed to know what they were doing, it was fun to watch them. Loads of sparks everywhere. Also the controller, sooo good.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Played a bunch of Forza 5. Got to drive every car in the demo. Wish it was a better track that was available. There were 2 dudes playing killer instinct. I helped them record a round on their phone. They seemed to know what they were doing, it was fun to watch them. Loads of sparks everywhere. Also the controller, sooo good.
How did you hold the phone? :p

Sober

Yeah, I work at Eaton Centre and I'll get off work at like 11-12, so I'll be checkin some of the crap out tonight. If anyone else is thinkin of goin down, just holler in this thread. We'll have an informal meet-up
I'm actually at University and Gerrard right now. I'll probably loop back to Dundas Square around 1130 how about that?

It's actually pretty crowded so if you need to get in touch quote me my number is in there to find me.

Edit: 1130

Sober

Blah all these teenagers are amplifying my old man syndrome I'll probably head home soon.

Edit: yeah back to the burbs for me, the teenagers can have the city for the night.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
3-0 to start the season! Suck it, haters!

ib1XqlBKRUU4eD.gif

ONLY 79 MORE WINS TO GO!

Would it be worth it to check out the Xbox One trucks when they're back next week? Are Forza 5 and KI the only games? It doesn't seem like much. Originally the website had dates for Area One events in Toronto, but they've all been removed. Lamesville.

Would it be worth it to check out the Xbox One trucks when they're back next week? Are Forza 5 and KI the only games? It doesn't seem like much. Originally the website had dates for Area One events in Toronto, but they've all been removed. Lamesville.

When I was there they said they were also looking at doing popup locations around Toronto, so stay tuned to the twitter. But at this one it was just Forza and KI, although they said they are looking to also get FIFA at the next one also.

jokkir

When I was there they said they were also looking at doing popup locations around Toronto, so stay tuned to the twitter. But at this one it was just Forza and KI, although they said they are looking to also get FIFA at the next one also.

What are these Xbone trucks? I saw a gaming bus earlier but didnt bother to go in since there probably werent any new games there. Or at least I thought so.

Quadratic

Looks like Evil Mario is MIA, at least in this thread.

Just wondering if anyone bought Monster Hunter for the 3ds during the eShop sales.

If there's at least 3 people interested I want to get another MH meetup started. I'm not G rank but I don't mind carrying people up to HR5. My armour and weapons are pretty much the best you can get solo.

TOGAF assemble!

Sober

I don't even know for to rank up but I'm on 2 star quests right now!

Does this mean I get to tag along and suck experience or whatnot? :p

Quadratic

I've been doing guild quests ... in Moga village.

The single player quests go up to 9 stars. In multiplayer Hunter Rank denotes your level. Most of the multiplayer you can solo. Until you hit a wall around where I am. Once you break HR6+ is considered G rank and you get the best armour and weapons via those hunts.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
And another generic Asian! I was up all night trying to do that 2-star village quest to capture that bear thing but I kept killing it each time. Like 4 times. :(

Use the light bowgun and just take your time with it. Just make sure you watch for the limp and just chase him to where he sleeps.

Anyone know the difference between going to get a cleaning at a dentist (expensive) vs a dental hygienist? Those deals that pop up from time to time on groupon and the like for a cleaning + fluoride for $70 but it is done by a hygienist - are they any good? The price difference is dramatic from a dentist vs a hygienist and I remember as a kid, not so much now, but as a kid my dentist actually had hygenists do the cleanings and then my dentist came in after and inspected post cleaning for 2 minutes + the more advanced stuff like fillings and root canals etc.

So what's the deal?

A friend of mine is looking at this offer. Can't find many reviews. She seems to have done a 2 year dental hygienist program and that's it to be regulated I guess in the province. Big education difference vs a dentist. A little unnerving but like I said I'm sure most of us at our dentist offices have gotten cleanings by hygienists and not the actual dentist who's name is on the building.

http://groupon.com/deals/unique-dental-hygiene-care-1

Sober

Use the light bowgun and just take your time with it. Just make sure you watch for the limp and just chase him to where he sleeps.
Is there a way to do it as melee? Been rocking the longsword and I did manage to stick it in a shock trap but it eventually broke free. I even tossed tranq bombs at it (how the hell do you even aim properly in this game?) but nothing. Also ranged weapons continue to confuse me to no end, really hard to handle and aim them IMO.

Flash

Anyone know the difference between going to get a cleaning at a dentist (expensive) vs a dental hygienist? Those deals that pop up from time to time on groupon and the like for a cleaning + fluoride for $70 but it is done by a hygienist - are they any good? The price difference is dramatic from a dentist vs a hygienist and I remember as a kid, not so much now, but as a kid my dentist actually had hygenists do the cleanings and then my dentist came in after and inspected post cleaning for 2 minutes + the more advanced stuff like fillings and root canals etc.

So what's the deal?

A friend of mine is looking at this offer. Can't find many reviews. She seems to have done a 2 year dental hygienist program and that's it to be regulated I guess in the province. Big education difference vs a dentist. A little unnerving but like I said I'm sure most of us at our dentist offices have gotten cleanings by hygienists and not the actual dentist who's name is on the building.

http://groupon.com/deals/unique-dental-hygiene-care-1

Most if not all dental clinics I've been to have their hygienists do cleanings, leaving the dentists to doing more diagnostic check ups and procedures. So if the question is if hygienists are qualified to do cleanings, I would say yes.

Strange that its so much cheaper. I wonder if insurances cover these kinds of cleanings? May explain the cheaper rate. You'll have to find some reviews or take the plunge before deciding if its worth it/the quality is up to par with what you expect.

John Blade

Post on Oct pick up but just become a citizenship for this country today with my family. Kinda happy that is been done as I live in this bloody country for almost 20 years now. Was wondering what restaurant in Mississauga or Toronto I should go out and party with my friends and family for this.

Post on Oct pick up but just become a citizenship for this country today with my family. Kinda happy that is been done as I live in this bloody country for almost 20 years now. Was wondering what restaurant in Mississauga or Toronto I should go out and party with my friends and family for this.

What price range?

Roto13

Way to go. My husband is a filthy immigrant, too, and he's working on getting his citizenship.

Most if not all dental clinics I've been to have their hygienists do cleanings, leaving the dentists to doing more diagnostic check ups and procedures. So if the question is if hygienists are qualified to do cleanings, I would say yes.

Strange that its so much cheaper. I wonder if insurances cover these kinds of cleanings? May explain the cheaper rate. You'll have to find some reviews or take the plunge before deciding if its worth it/the quality is up to par with what you expect.
Yah I figured for a cleaning it would be worth a shot. They apparently accept insurance as well.

And congrats John Blade!

John Blade

Any idea what kind of atmosphere? Drinks?

Kinda more into a restaurant where you can bring your friends to talk for a bit and discuss about anything. The food can be anything except Asian food (interested in European food style like Greek). I don't want a restaurant where they play loud music or have a TV where you watch the sport. Something quiet where people can talk and maybe meet random people in the restaurant if you want to be open.

Top Bottom