• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Hmmmm, I like Joe Badali's near Union Station in Toronto, decent Italian restaurant

You could also try Sin and Redemption near the AGO - it's a quiet pub with good food and an awesome beer selection

There are so many restaurants to choose from :p

I think the OP of this thread has a list

Mississauga try Canyon Creek. Downtown location as well. Good meat. Very underrated in my opinion and I never hear people talk about it. Not as big a name as the Keg but much better IMO.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a way to do it as melee? Been rocking the longsword and I did manage to stick it in a shock trap but it eventually broke free. I even tossed tranq bombs at it (how the hell do you even aim properly in this game?) but nothing. Also ranged weapons continue to confuse me to no end, really hard to handle and aim them IMO.

Yeah just don't be too aggressive. You just have to be more observant. Once he starts limping, stop attacking. You have to trap him with a electric trap first and them hit him with the tranqs. You can set the bottom screen for a touch panel to lock onto the monster ya scrub.

Post on Oct pick up but just become a citizenship for this country today with my family. Kinda happy that is been done as I live in this bloody country for almost 20 years now. Was wondering what restaurant in Mississauga or Toronto I should go out and party with my friends and family for this.

Go to Pantheon on the Danforth. It meets all your requirements and has the Kuro seal of approval. Greek. Good atmosphere to talk and have fun. Phenomenal food. Great service. Good price.

2KTDTdO.jpg

source

Anth0ny

So I've been watching this show Game Chasers lately. It's about two game collectors going around to local flea markets, thrift shops and game shops looking for sick deals on any games they could find. I believe they're located in Texas.

It's made me downright depressed that these deals DO NOT exist anywhere in the GTA, at least as far as I could tell. I'm not the only one who thinks this. Every flea market I've ever been to is just full of resellers charging WAY too much on their games, and game shops trying to stay afloat, selling above ebay prices for their games.

The only places I've managed to find deals at are conventions like Anime North and Fan Expo, but when you consider the costs just to get in the place, it pretty much cancels out any possible savings ._.

So GAF, does there exist these mythical flea market booths selling games for $2 a pop, or is that an American only thing?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Sad news, my buddy called me up and asked if I was working and I told him no. He then asked if I could start tomorrow and I said yes. There goes my Autumn of laziness. :(

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
So I hear Gamerama is kind of sketchy, but they should be good for a midnight launch of a game right?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Anyone else recently getting more random numbers calling their cell phones?

I just got a call while I was in a meeting, I looked up the number and it appears to be CFRB radio...why are they calling me?!?!?

yyzjohn

Banned
Yeah stupid me. I forgot I won a contest with TSN, took me about 10 minutes to remember my voicemail to check the message they left. But yeah I just have to go pick up my prize from their office.

$100 gift card to Wegz.

DRANKS ON ME!

Congrats buddy!

krae_man

I have one of those fancy schmancy new area code phone numbers so it's not on any lists. Well a pot dealer used to have my number but those druggies gave up calling me a couple years ago.

E-DuB

Kind of a cross post from the Canadian deals thread, but can anyone recommend a good wireless router under $70? Something that I can walk into a store and buy today would be beneficial.

Thanks guys!

Yeah stupid me. I forgot I won a contest with TSN, took me about 10 minutes to remember my voicemail to check the message they left. But yeah I just have to go pick up my prize from their office.

$100 gift card to Wegz.

DRANKS ON ME!

EXCELLENT. The one near by?

Kraftwerk

O.K

Officialy done with Rogers. Just sick of their shit and random bill charges for no reason. I do not have the patience anymore to keep calling them and fixing that shit, being on the phone for an hour and they give excuses and finally after two hours they fix it and not apologize..fuck them

I have an HTC ONE from them. I can unlock it and go to someone else, or just sell it and get something else.

Who do you guys recommend?

I get more incoming call than outgoing, and the only internet I really use on my phone is mainly emails.

Azih

I'm very happy with koodo. Seriously. You'll get 10% of their rates too if you're bringing your own phone in.

Their 40 dollar plan becomes a 36 dollar plan if 200 daytime minutes (no unlimited incoming) and 200 MB data is fine by you (but unlimited everything else). 50 bucks (or 45) gets you way more daytime and unlimited incoming.

Edit: They've got some refer a friend program if you do decide to go with them. Not sure exactly what it does but if you're up for it I wouldn't mind referring you.

Anyone else recently getting more random numbers calling their cell phones?

I just got a call while I was in a meeting, I looked up the number and it appears to be CFRB radio...why are they calling me?!?!?

Congrats

I had Molson call me once, I was confused but then realized I had entered a best seats in the house Raptors contest the night before :D

Oh and everyone should go with Wind unless you need LTE or leave the city a lot

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
O.K

Officialy done with Rogers. Just sick of their shit and random bill charges for no reason. I do not have the patience anymore to keep calling them and fixing that shit, being on the phone for an hour and they give excuses and finally after two hours they fix it and not apologize..fuck them

I have an HTC ONE from them. I can unlock it and go to someone else, or just sell it and get something else.

I get more incoming call than outgoing, and the only internet I really use on my phone is mainly emails.
All these problems and I just switched to Rogers. I say unlock and go with someone else. Not sure if One is supported by Wind but Wind is awesome and you can just get a cheap nexus 4 or hell I'll sell ya mine and you can go to wind

O.K

If I didn't need my phone for more than emergencies, I'd go with Wind. For now I have constant WiFi at home and school, never make phone calls, have a $5 add on for texts which I never use because everyone I know uses what's app, and it costs me $10 prepaid on Rogers. My balance is like $25 cause I always have $5 leftover that I never use. Allows me to buy a day or weekly data pass from time to time as well if I'm out and about away from WiFi.

Anth0ny

The Raptor (mascot) blew out his achilles and is out for the season =(

2009_medium.gif

LET THE TANKING BEGIN BABY WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

explodet

I've gotta wait until Futureshop gets off its fist and takes its thumb out of its ass to ship me my copy. Stupid E3 promotion...

In the meantime I'll pass by the Toronto pokeymans event today and snag some streetpasses.

explodet

"The downtown people" implies that nobody else but people who live downtown use the stations south of the Bloor-Danforth. Meanwhile about three-quarters of a million people use the YUS line every weekday, most of them commuters.

It's an incredibly short-sighted statement to make.

Anyone else sick and tired of all the fucking construction going on. I swear it has never been this much all at one time in recent memory. Maybe it's just me. I don't just mean specific plays downtown, I even mean the GTA. Seems like everywhere I drive I'm forced into one fucking line for a stretch because of it, or I'm taking detours, or SOMETHING.

/rant

jokkir

Anyone know the cheapest place to get a Nexus 4 off-contract that's close to what Google was selling it for on their Play Store? (Around $250-ish)

Top Bottom