• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

zeitgeist

Well this is a big bust. Got an antenna today and after fiddling with it have a whopping TWO channels coming in.

Where are all the others?...blah, so disappointing. Will probably end up returning it if this is the best I can get.

I bought 4 different antennas at once with the plan of returning the 3 that got the least amount of channels.
At best buy there is a 17 dollar phillips antenna. It was the cheapest one and got me the most channels.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
wow, there's hotpot places in toronto? i was just saying to a friend how much i would miss hotpot when i left china. do you guys know if there's also chinese barbecue places (shao kao) in toronto?

10.jpg
There are a CRAPTON of hot pot places in Toronto. Chinatown, Koreatown, Pacific Mall...

As for shao kao there is something similar I've seen up north

Mr. F

Banned
Anyone have experience with fruit/vegetable delivery services? Was contemplating signing up for one for the winter and splitting with a roommate as the produce available at my closest grocery store is super inconsistent and a mixed bag of quality at best.

In particular I was looking at Mama Earth Organics after reading some positive reviews.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone have experience with fruit/vegetable delivery services? Was contemplating signing up for one for the winter and splitting with a roommate as the produce available at my closest grocery store is super inconsistent and a mixed bag of quality at best.

In particular I was looking at Mama Earth Organics after reading some positive reviews.
A Gaffer did this and said it wasn't that good and offered too much food and not what they wanted I believe.

There are a CRAPTON of hot pot places in Toronto. Chinatown, Koreatown, Pacific Mall...

As for shao kao there is something similar I've seen up north

thanks. it probably wont be as cheap as in china, but i cant go back to nights full of chinese PBR and sticks of spicy ass meat, squatting on the curb with some old men.

jokkir

I've only been to two hotpot places at Pacific Mall and wasnt too big of a fan. Korean BBQ all day (though I've been biased towards Bulgogi Brothers since that was the best KBBQ I've ever had)

I need to go to Korea soon and try some real Korean food though. All my Korean friends say Korean food here sucks lol

Stet

Banned

I did Front Door Organics for a year or so, and everything I got was good and they have the option of paying a little more to be able to choose exactly what you get every week or every two weeks. It's all seasonal obviously so you'll be eating a lot of kale and potatoes for the next 6 months.

It was a good service, but hard to justify unless you eat a ton of vegetables or have multiple people sharing.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport

I used Freshcity for a few weeks and I found it to be really really expensive for the amount of produce you get, especially since it was organic, since all the items were tiny. There was also just way too much salad greens, and I really don't like salad very much.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I've only been to two hotpot places at Pacific Mall and wasnt too big of a fan. Korean BBQ all day (though I've been biased towards Bulgogi Brothers since that was the best KBBQ I've ever had)

I need to go to Korea soon and try some real Korean food though. All my Korean friends say Korean food here sucks lol
They're all a bunch of Kim Chi faced liars!

Nah, they got more variety here but the staples you get in Koteatown in TO that you get here are more or less the same.

But yes, you should go to Korea.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
In a drunken stupor I have been known to like Coors Light...

Did that work? Will Kuro accept me once more?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
It's actually kinda funny to see all my friends who support Ford have all gone to "yeah well what about the real crooks the Liberals and McGuinty?"

smh

Quick

Banned
It's actually kinda funny to see all my friends who support Ford have all gone to "yeah well what about the real crooks the Liberals and McGuinty?"

smh

I have friends that actually feel bad for him.

It's usually "leave him alone" and "everyone's being too dramatic about all this," then continuing on with "I don't live in Toronto, but..."

I just shake my head at them.

Divvy

I only know one person that sort of defends him with "People are going to miss Ford when they raise property taxes again"

Miserable money grubbing idiot

Quick

Banned
I do agree to some extent with my friends that it does get too dramatic at times, but he brings all this onto himself.

Divvy

Yeah he certaily does, and I am just extremely tired of this. I don't even care if he gets arrested or not so long as he leaves this position and the city can finally move on.

The fact that this scandal has allowed Harper to do what he did today in the relative shadows is pretty awful by itself.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
"TOGaf Meetup 5: In a drunken stupor"
Hmmm...I should start asking soon. What date is best for everyone? Next weekend? Next next weekend?
In a drunken stupor I have been known to like Coors Light...

Did that work? Will Kuro accept me once more?
I don't like black
cats

AND I KNOW YOU LOVE THAT BEER!

Goddamn what an excuse...after all this and he is still around????

soultron

Banned
Look, guys... all I want from this debacle is a GIF of Ford walking away laughing when one of the reporters asks him, "Are you high right now?"

That's it.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train in a Drunken Stupor

Do it.
That ruins the joke. You're supposed to read the TO OT3 title in Ozzy Osbourne's voice.

BTW, why do you have Rob Ford as an avatar?

Brinbe

I passed it on Tuesday night, but they were having a private event then. Looks pretty classy (it is in Yorkville) I'll go check it out today for a bit. Wanna try out DR3

Rinoa

There was a press event earlier in the week and around noon today it became open to public. Someone better win one of the prizes!

soultron

Banned
oh my god Ford's rant video

It sounds like the off-screen voice is trying to set him up for boxing match. I'm not 100% serious, but the mention of time (Ford argues for 10 and then 15 minutes, but the off-screen voice holds firm on 5 minutes) and a ring, and even donating (donating the purse from the fight win?) makes me think this was boxing talk. Maybe Ford would use his underwear as boxing trunks? :s

The whole part about killing the other guy and ripping his throat out... that's another story. I blame it on the alc-al-al-alco-hol?

Top Bottom