• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Funny, Rogers just sent me a promo for a 300gb cap for $45/month(No speed given). The first paragraph of the promo said something like "unlimited bandwidth is nice, but not when it costs too much"

Wow, great advertising idea guys "You'd like unlimited data, but we charge you way to much for it so settle for 300gb"

Their ads are always good for lulz but this one by far takes the cake.
Think of poor Ted Rogers! He can't afford that unlimited internet for everyone! D:

I hope some day we can reach some semblance of sanity and get speeds even close to Asia. I was watching people live stream tv shows....in the fucking subway!

explodet

Quiet in here.

Everybody playing their PS4s/waiting for their PS4s/mashing F5 to see what stupid crap "His Worship" will say next?

10752010365_e7f5b3bd63_h.jpg

Quadratic

I think all the crazy Ford stuff migrated over it's own thread in OT which is hilarious and sad.

Meanwhile, yeah the PS4 hype is pretty high right now. I see a lot of the TO posters in the Canadian deals thread.

Onemic

Think of poor Ted Rogers! He can't afford that unlimited internet for everyone! D:

I hope some day we can reach some semblance of sanity and get speeds even close to Asia. I was watching people live stream tv shows....in the fucking subway!

I still dont get how Rogers gets away with their absurd data rates. $40 a month for 6mbs cable at 30gb/month is criminal.

Cerilli

Neo Member
What's the atmosphere like inside the Ripley's Aquarium?

I'm thinking of bringing someone there.

It's really calm and peaceful, dark and cool lighting for the most part. Shades of glowing blue everywhere. I don't know how to describe the ambient music... but it felt appropriate. There are a few places where there are benches for you to sit down in the dark and just watch the fish, it's quite nice.

There are a couple sections where it's all lit up with some things to play with, kind of like the Science Centre.

Of course, when I went it was super crowded and noisy. I still enjoyed it though. My girlfriend and I could have stayed there for longer just hangin' out but others wanted to get going.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
It's really calm and peaceful, dark and cool lighting for the most part. Shades of glowing blue everywhere. I don't know how to describe the ambient music... but it felt appropriate. There are a few places where there are benches for you to sit down in the dark and just watch the fish, it's quite nice.

There are a couple sections where it's a lit up with some things to play with, kind of like the Science Centre.

Of course, when I went it was super crowded and noisy. I still enjoyed it though. My girlfriend and I could have stayed there for longer just hangin' out but others wanted to get going.
worth a repeat?

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I really want to go to Ripley's too, but I was thinking of waiting a while to avoid the initial crowds

Sober

Can't believe it was so early this year. I swear they used to be like first/second week of December.

Where is the snow?

zroid

Banned
Hey Rob, I've got this amazing idea I'm sure you'll love. Why don't you resign now and fast track your Prime Ministorial campaign? I am fully in support of you campaigning for that. I'm sure it'll be wildly successful!

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Hey Rob, I've got this amazing idea I'm sure you'll love. Why don't you resign now and fast track your Prime Ministorial campaign? I am fully in support of you campaigning for that. I'm sure it'll be wildly successful!

Prime Minsiter Rob Ford. *shudders*

EDIT:

Good Lord, the wind is whipping around like crazy.

Onemic

I think I might be getting a speeding ticket. I was driving pretty fast (60km on a 40km road) and one of those signs that display your speed showed up, I slowed down, but saw some lights flash as I drove by. The sign said my speed was 62km before I passed. Anyone know the charge for that? And how long it would take to receive anything? Am I screwed?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Wellllll fuck

Teksavvy Internet Problems Year 2

Speed has slowed to a crawl and some packet loss. Their cable connections have been intermittent for Scarborough, Toronto, and Ottawa.

Waited 30 min for a girl who had no idea what she was doing and was ruling everything out when it was clear to me it was either Tek's end or likely Rogers' end. That only took an hour of diagnostics.

This seems familiar

Shaddup, roto!

Boogie

I think I might be getting a speeding ticket. I was driving pretty fast (60km on a 40km road) and one of those signs that display your speed showed up, I slowed down, but saw some lights flash as I drove by. The sign said my speed was 62km before I passed. Anyone know the charge for that? And how long it would take to receive anything? Am I screwed?

I didn't think anywhere in Ontario had photo radar.

Anyone been to woodbine racetrack lately? I have never been since going to a horse race when I was a kid with my dad but me and my girl wanted to check out the slots. I hear they have complementary drinks (non alcoholic) so sounds like fun to kill a few hours.

We would only probably play penny slots and both of us said $20-$30 is our max. How long could one play slots with that much money? Will it last us a few hours at least?

Cerilli

Neo Member
Anyone been to woodbine racetrack lately? I have never been since going to a horse race when I was a kid with my dad but me and my girl wanted to check out the slots. I hear they have complementary drinks (non alcoholic) so sounds like fun to kill a few hours.

We would only probably play penny slots and both of us said $20-$30 is our max. How long could one play slots with that much money? Will it last us a few hours at least?
Went this summer, it's still a good time. Personally, I find it more enjoyable to spend that $20-$30 dollars betting on the horses. The programs give you a lot of information about each race so you can talk it over with your girl and feel like you guys are working together to make the best choice. Makes the races more exciting too. Also! You can go down to the... walkabout? area? and see the horses prepping for each race and walking out to the track. Sometimes the officials let you pet their horse while they're waiting :)

But slots are still ok. The problem with penny slots is most of them make you play a minimum of 20-30 credits, so they effectively cost 30 cents instead of 1. But say you find a good 2 cent machine, you could play one line it for a couple hours. You'd probably get bored before you ran out of money, haha.

Top Bottom