• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

soultron

Banned
So... how's Ramen Raijin? I cant really compare it to any other ramen places since I haven't been to any

I wrote a review on it a few pages back.

It's neat. Has some novelty ramens like a bamboo charcoal one. It's definitely worth checking out if Sansotei (very closeby to Y&D) is full or lined up out onto the street.

I'd recommend Kinton, Touhenboku, or Sansotei (Sansotei is amazing.) above Raijin, but Raijin is definitely worth stopping into just to check their menu out.

krae_man

NIMBY Hipsters...!?

Yeah looks like it. Tims can make it blend in fine. This one is near where I work:

JtotkNF.jpg

It's that way because it's in a "heritage" part of town.

I hate the world.

why is the nearest place that still has PS4's in Windsor?

somebody want to take me to Windsor to pick up PS4's... no you said? boo...

7 hour drive dudes.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I hate the world.

7 hour drive dudes.
Well I'm scamming soultron's tomorrow and another friend if mine has two he is going to sell...would've sold me at cost had in asked but goddamn i didn't know he was selling!

You could try the bst thread to see if there is any luck without the gouging.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I hate the world.

7 hour drive dudes.
I'm in Scarborough, I was going to sell an extra one for a profit but I'll sell it to you for cost. $452.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I'm in Scarborough, I was going to sell an extra one for a profit but I'll sell it to you for cost. $452.

Throw the money at him and grab the box and run!

I can vouch for Fuzzy. I got Uncharted: Golden Abyss off of him. He's good people. Or good animal. Either or.

Roto13

Fuzzy gave me Super Metroid but I didn't have to meet him for it which is good because I wouldn't want him to know I'm not really a shut-in.

krae_man

I wouldn't trust Fuzzy, he has hair now. If TV has taught me anything, it's that the twin with more hair is always the evil one.*

*Except Flexo

Stet

Banned
Wait, you actually want another Tim Horton's?

I guess the other 250 Tim Hortons locations in Toronto aren't enough for him. (I'm not kidding. There really are that many

I don't really care if it's a Tim Hortons or not. These asses didn't patronize a local bakery and it went out of business. If people want to start a franchised bakery, the neighbours complaining about it are egotistical and pretentious, especially when they're responsible for gentrifying the area in the first place.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
That looks scrumptious. Where?

Ryoji on College st!
Hmm...I'm going to need to try this place soon...

I don't really care if it's a Tim Hortons or not. These asses didn't patronize a local bakery and it went out of business. If people want to start a franchised bakery, the neighbours complaining about it are egotistical and pretentious, especially when they're responsible for gentrifying the area in the first place.
Exactly! BUBUBUBUBUBUB IT DOESN'T FIT IN THE NEIGHBOURHOOD EVEN THOUGH WE DIDN'T SUPPORT OR OLD LOCAL BUSINESS! D:

WHO HAS A FUCKIN MEET UP ON A THURSDAY?!

edit: SHUT UP, KRAFTWERK! I HAD A TRAPPIST BEER!

Bah, as this is a Friday, Soultron said he won't be able to make it cause he'll be busy with getting drunk at his company party. Damn, I wish I could go to a gaming Xmas party...

Anyways, shoutout to Soultron and a big thanks! Lots of good info about 'the industry' and a bunch of good stories too. I only wanted to punch him only 3 times instead of 5 times like I did EM.

Goddamn this season and it's seasonal 'cheer'. I got a shitty company party on the 14th,and also a team party on the 17th...sigh and now this neogaf kraft vs kave battle on the 20th. Dammit, Soultron! You're so right. No time to play anything besides handhelds

jokkir

First time going to Sansotei Ramen (or any good ramen place for that matter

It was my first real ramen place I went to other than Momofuku and it was pretty good. Definitely better than Kenzo lol

I wrote a review on it a few pages back.

It's neat. Has some novelty ramens like a bamboo charcoal one. It's definitely worth checking out if Sansotei (very closeby to Y&D) is full or lined up out onto the street.

I'd recommend Kinton, Touhenboku, or Sansotei (Sansotei is amazing.) above Raijin, but Raijin is definitely worth stopping into just to check their menu out.

Wow, no...I guess food is subjective, but Sansotei is just about the bottom rung of the dedicated ramen places, only a notch above Kenzo. Pure salty. Raijin is top, with Kinton and Santouka up there.

Source: Me and (almost) all the Japanese people I know.

Haven't been to Touhenboku yet, so I can't comment there.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, no...I guess food is subjective, but Sansotei is just about the bottom rung of the dedicated ramen places, only a notch above Kenzo. Pure salty. Raijin is top, with Kinton and Santouka up there.

Source: Me and (almost) all the Japanese people I know.

Haven't been to Touhenboku yet, so I can't comment there.
So Raijin, Kinton, Santouka, Sansotei....Kenzo...?

I agree for Kinton and Santouka; Raijin I have yet to try.

Sansotei may not be super good but only a notch above Kenzo...? C'mon....

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Wut, Sansotei is the best one.

Also the aquarium is goddamn amazing. There are parts of it that are downright magical.

The only bad thing is that it's still crowded as fuck and there are assholes who keep trying to take flash photos in the dark areas, blinding everyone.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Wut, Sansotei is the best one.

Also the aquarium is goddamn amazing. There are parts of it that are downright magical.

The only bad thing is that it's still crowded as fuck and there are assholes who keep trying to take flash photos in the dark areas, blinding everyone.

still crowded...?

eh, i guess i can wait for awhile

soultron

Banned
Kinton's dope! They're opening up a new location in Korea town by Christie station by the end of the month as well.
I'm so pumped. Kinton is my favourite spot in Toronto and the new shop being on Bathurst puts it on my commute to/from work.

I'm nearly at 30 bowls, so this should make it go by pretty quick!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I'm so pumped. Kinton is my favourite spot in Toronto and the new shop being on Bathurst puts it on my commute to/from work.

I'm nearly at 30 bowls, so this should make it go by pretty quick!
D: what about Sansotei?!

30 bowls? You crazy rappin doge....

I got my mug on kinton's Facebook for finishing their ramen, but that was only once.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Stet
added_time
jokkir
Rinoa
Divvy
Fuzzy
Brinbe
Bladeworker

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=730321

None of you guys/gals have said anything on the meet up thread. We have 7 confirmed coming, 8 if Kave_Man brings his fro. I'd understand if the girls didn't want to go; you all are a bunch of savages.

No answer? :(

So far,

Confirmed
Kraftwerk
Kave_Man
Kuro Madoushi
Lostconfused
Quadratic
Motherfuckin AlphaTwo00!
Deraldin (putting down as yes)

Maybe
Evilmario (snow lover...maybe)
isny (we'll treat to a pitcher...maybe)
krae_man (we need a replacement after Kave_Man is killed...maybe)
Earthstrike (strong maybe)
soultron (sucks...maybe)
BigJonsson (bigpussymorelike...maybe)
whitehawk (maybe cumming late)
Anony (we'll treat to a pitcher or two...maybe)
Oshimai (not enough generic asian guys...maybe)
Kinitari (handing in dreads...maybe)

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
well, first em said he ain't made of money, and then i offered to buy beer and he got quiet.

likely thinking of another excuse. i'll keep ya guys posted.

I can't believe Stet is coming...! :O

Top Bottom