• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

firehawk12

Subete no aware
There must be many weebs in Toronto, because Aniplex added a whole week of Madoka Magica screenings at Yonge and Dundas after Boxing Day. I think I might as well experience big screen Shaft one more time.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Power went out for about 30 seconds up here in Thornhill. It's been fine now for over an hour.

edit: Lights are flickering like crazy now.

Roto13

David Frum on Twitter said:

BcDWqPBIYAAGhwj.png:large

Yikes

Kraftwerk

Some chick almost broke her jaw downtown slipping...but I have to say, takes a special kind of genius to be out right now and walking in high heels. Jesus Christ...

cbox

Ughhh half my tree already fell in the backyard an a few are listing dangerously close to my car, which is effectively frozen solid. Tomorrow morning should be fun...

zroid

Banned
I would go out to take some photos of this madness, but my door is jammed shut LOL

(PS my power blinked overnight, but it hasn't been out for any length of time)

I slept through an outage in my neighbourhood near Don Mills and Eglinton yesterday. My night owl lifestyle is starting to look good right now.

mr.rager

Pretty icy around my area (border of Mississauga and Etobicoke) but no major problems. Had power all night and no flickering.

That Santa street is pretty creepy but in a awesome way.

Magnus

It's an icy fucking wonderland outside right now. You could skate down the street. Trees are down everywhere. I didn't think we had lightning or severe winds with this storm, just frost. What's caused all the trees to fall?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
It's an icy fucking wonderland outside right now. You could skate down the street. Trees are down everywhere. I didn't think we had lightning or severe winds with this storm, just frost. What's caused all the trees to fall?

The weight of the ice on the branches.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Weight of the ice.

I have power but no internet. How will I survive?

zroid

Banned
I'm definitely stupid because I'm still planning to see Hobbit 2 today at Empress Walk (only place in the GTA to see it in IMAX+HFR).
my old friend is visiting for the holidays and today's the last day he's available to hang out :(

Cactus

Banned
I had to slide home from the bus stop last night. The guy who got off the bus before me took a flip when he stepped onto the sidewalk.

Fugu

Over at my mom's place (Meadowvale, Mississauga) it's hell. One of the roads near her house is covered in downed trees and is basically impassable.

zroid

Banned
can't wait to leave you guys behind in this icy hell. on wednesday morning, I'm outta this damn country
for a week

jokkir

I can't tell if Wind is down of if it's just the area I'm in.

It was working earlier though. No power back in my area yet, I think :(

Wind seems to be down =/

It was working fine until night time =/

Wind is back.......and right away get the automatic top up text message lol

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I just came back from downtown and saw Yorkdale station and North York Civic Centre stations are down.

Any reason for this?

Can I hope beyond hope that when I go into work tomorrow at North York Civic they turn me home because all the power is gone there? :D

Top Bottom