• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Roto13

I still have power and internet and cell phone service and hot chocolate.

Uh huh. So a couple of minutes after I posted this, I started smelling smoke, and then the fire alarm went off. I guess some asshole on the second floor started a kitchen fire or something.

Also, the alarm on my floor shut off after like 30 seconds, instead of continuing to ring until the fire was taken care of, so I'm pretty sure THAT'S not ok. Figures. The one time it doesn't blast for 20 minutes is the one time there's an actual fire.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I just came back from downtown and saw Yorkdale station and North York Civic Centre stations are down.

Any reason for this?

Can I hope beyond hope that when I go into work tomorrow at North York Civic they turn me home because all the power is gone there? :D
Empress walk area looks pretty dead from where I live.

rinse82

Anyone around North York General Hospital have power?

My wife and I have an appointment with our OBGYN around that area but they're not answering their phone.

Woooooooo! I came all the way to school to find out my exam is cancelled!
3AQmK.gif
3AQmK.gif

I've been without electricity/data/internet for almost 20 hours now. I don't want to go back home, it's too cold :(

zorbsie

Lights finally back on. 33 hours total. House got down to 10 degrees. Was starting to get worried about my kids. Enjoying hot coffee now.

So hey, who was it at the meetup that had suggested that we need to get a hold of people's XBL/PSN/NNIDs for Toronto GAF. Cause we totally should.

Oh, and I totally got power restored at work.

Median

Bayview and eg and no powah, had to spend the night at the in-laws.

I'm on Eglinton a little east of Mount Pleasant and never lost power...weird. I drove around there today and it seemed like if you went north or south of Eglinton there was no power anywhere. Crazy stuff. I still saw traffic lights out on Mount Pleasant in the afternoon.

Power back. I want to turn on my ps4/xbone/gaming pc but it was pretty icy cold in here. Should I wait a certain amount of time for the apartment to heat up before booting my icy cold electronics?

Top Bottom