• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

jcutner

I'm just a few blocks north of Yonge & Eg

This is a few houses down from me

1521815_10151858499211188_1392154919_n.jpg

1512496_10151858499141188_1053453785_n.jpg

So many trees knocked over and pulled down power lines - so we won't be getting power back for a while. Left and went to my parents for the week, otherwise I'd freeze to death there.

Rinoa

Hope everyone is safe and warm.

We had no power for 2+ days so I had to go to my parents' house as I was freezing to death and got sick. Super stressed as I had to cancel hosting a xmas die hard marathon and the xmas family party I'm hosting was up in the air. Thangs are back on now so I'm in a rush to clean/prepare...

During the powerout I decided to code something using some of the new toys I like (nicescroll, codrops hover effect).

I'm on Eglinton a little east of Mount Pleasant and never lost power...weird. I drove around there today and it seemed like if you went north or south of Eglinton there was no power anywhere. Crazy stuff. I still saw traffic lights out on Mount Pleasant in the afternoon.

It's more of a block by block thing, power came back but no cable or internet, using Wi-Fi at church. Not sure what Rogers is doing.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Either the house is settling very weirdly or something is happening on my roof. Every so often I heard a loud thud but nothing seems to have fallen off the house.

A GAF meet up where I don't have to spent 2 hours getting to and fro? That sure would be nice. Although a lot fewer places to stumble around to in north York.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
A GAF meet up where I don't have to spent 2 hours getting to and fro? That sure would be nice. Although a lot fewer places to stumble around to in north York.

If we go on a tuesday/wednesday we can stumble into Nome and gorge on cheap oysters and then get sick

soultron

Banned
Just left my Uncle's place (family xmas eve) in Woodbridge. Every single tree on his street (Kingsnorth) is shattered and broken over. Maybe 25 old trees. He told me they had a beetle infestation in the trees and they were dead/hollowed out and that caused it.

So goddamned surreal. I felt like I was in an area hit by a bombing raid. There were broken and frozen tree limbs EVERYWHERE.

If you have a camera and live nearby, it's worth the drive out during the day. You'll get some crazy pictures, this I promise you.

Rinoa

Could be ice.

Update: got internet and cable back, all is back to normal.

We had that, think it's ice.. but the 2nd night of blackout big ass raccoons were walking on the roof or digging and it scared the hell out of me because the only noise was someone's generator down the street and that...

Joyeux Noël TO-GAF <3 The snow just started falling.
3AQmK.gif

Damn that's awful. I hope you're still not there though? It must be freezing inside.

I'm at my mom's for Xmas but a neighbor has been checking every 6 hours or so for me. My block is still out. I went by yesterday to check on the place.. It was freezing!

Quadratic

Merry Christmas. Thankfully had power since yesterday. Went to my sister's and had turducken which was a nice treat. Boxing Day sales to look forward to.

Rinoa

Merry Christmas ya'll!

Hope power is back for added_time and that pipes didn't burst. Many of my friends living north are still 4 days no power.

Kraftwerk

Merry Christmas ya'll!

Hope power is back for added_time and that pipes didn't burst. Many of my friends living north are still 4 days no power.

Can't even fathom 4 days. I didn't have power for 15 hours and it was torture. Made me realize how dependent on some shit I am.

Next gaf-meetup will be in my hermit cave.

came home tonight because I heard my neighbourhood got power again. we did but my heater blew up so no heat at all. so back to sleeping on couches again for who knows how long

god is gonna pay for this!

(just kidding- I don't believe in god)

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Thanks! The storm nearly killed my plans but I managed to MacGyver something together. F U nature!

Top Bottom