• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

a8mtzEX.jpg

source

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
There's an underwater river below Davisville that's seeping into the subway lines and eating away at the tracks and shit. They have to replace the lines every 6 weeks or so now. That's why the subway slows to a crawl around Davisville.

They're going to have to shutdown all subway service between Finch and St. Clair and also the entire Sheppard line for some reason for at minimum two months I hear.

So... happy new year!

Kraftwerk

There's an underwater river below Davisville that's seeping into the subway lines and eating away at the tracks and shit. They have to replace the lines every 6 weeks or so now. That's why the subway slows to a crawl around Davisville.

They're going to have to shutdown all subway service between Finch and St. Clair and also the entire Sheppard line for some reason for at minimum two months I hear.

So... happy new year!

Welp, time to move downtown.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Need food advice,

Gonna go out with someone tomorrow, watching a movie at varsity theater at bay. What's good to eat around there?

'out' with 'someone' does this involve 'bondage' and 'costumes'?

real close
http://www.blogto.com/restaurants/okonomi-house

There are also a shit ton of places near Yorkville just about a block west and a block north, but why not yamato

http://www.yamato.sites.toronto.com/

Maybe see if you can get into Guu, but DON'T go to Don Don Izakaiya
http://guu-izakaya.com/

edit: FUCK THE YONGE-SHEPPARD LINE!

Eleuin

So... happy new year!
:\\\\\\\\\

Magnus

Any new Wii U Zelda Bundle owners in here looking to buy my basically unused NSMBU+Super Luigi U bundled game? I'd be looking to sell it for a flat $50, which I think is pretty righteous, considering there's no DLC component to it, and it can be resold again. Buying them together used from Gamestop can still verge on $90 after tax.

Hit me if interested! :)

Mr. F

Banned
Kind of a bummer there was no televised New Year's Eve broadcast this year, they just cut to NYC until the last few minutes.

Sober

Kind of a bummer there was no televised New Year's Eve broadcast this year, they just cut to NYC until the last few minutes.
Yeah that was weird I turned on CityTV like I usually do and nope, ABC feed. Did they give up this year or something? Or did Rob Ford threaten to twerk up on stage at Nathan Philips?

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Yeah that was weird I turned on CityTV like I usually do and nope, ABC feed. Did they give up this year or something? Or did Rob Ford threaten to twerk up on stage at Nathan Philips?

It makes me wonder what they had at the actual event there. I hope it wasn't just a giant screen of the NYC event. lol

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
It makes me wonder what they had at the actual event there. I hope it wasn't just a giant screen of the NYC event. lol
I think it was just a DJ.

We had it on Global and watched some of the Niagara party but we ignored most of it.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
How is anyone surprised that the networks get overloaded just after midnight on NYE? I only bothered to text one person because of that.

Blackhead

Redarse
Just got home from a rare Saturday night Raptors game at the ACC.

"Fuck the Knicks"

I also want to add that the Atlantic division is putrid. 13-15 and we're first in the division.

1283-Jackie-Chan_biography.jpg

Grantland: The overhaul of the Toronto Raptors / The Raptors Makeover. The tagline — A rare look inside the long, complex process of building a contender.

0.483 and this team currently has home court advantage for the playoffs and is described as 'contenders'. The NBA is broken beyond belief.

Grantland said:
Add in the cost of tanking, and it's clear Ujiri and his team face a thorny choice. Getting worse isn't pain-free. It alienates a fan base that can only take so much, especially when there is nothing close to a guarantee that said losing would net Canadian proto-legend Andrew Wiggins.[4]

[4]Seriously: This kid is already a legend here. One national sports network is running constant promos advertising that it will broadcast every Kansas game this season.

If NBA gave Cleveland Lebron James then Wiggins should certainly be in the cards for Toronto. But the Raptors can't even tank properly when they put their mind to it. That's a new level of incompetence.

Oh well, Happy New Year GAF.

Liberty4all

Banned
HNY Toronto-GAF! Be sure to bundle up tomorrow before you go to work, gonna be a cold one.

Not just a cold one but THE coldest one in Toronto in 10 years. -28 with windchill by 5pm. I have a combined total of 40 - 50 mins of walking between my morning and evening commutes.

:(

mr.rager

Not just a cold one but THE coldest one in Toronto in 10 years. -28 with windchill by 5pm. I have a combined total of 40 - 50 mins of walking between my morning and evening commutes.

:(

You, sir, are a trooper. I would've said fuck it and called in sick.

Just another reminder if you all didn't already know, it's -34 tomorrow... so yeah. Bundle up some more!

unless you're azn, cause you'll be fine since every azn wears a Canada Goose jacket.

Top Bottom