• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

What kind of coats do you guys wear? It's not hard to tuck your gloves into your sleeves.
A shitty old one from american eagle. I'm due for a new coat. My face is most sensitive to the cold. My pasty white ass face looks like a tomato after 1 minute outside in this cold. All blood rushes to face and then I get indoors and it takes a good 10 mins to return to normal. Do asians have the same problem?

Fuck.

Do blacks blush?

0.jpg

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
A shitty old one from american eagle. I'm due for a new coat. My face is most sensitive to the cold. My pasty white ass face looks like a tomato after 1 minute outside in this cold. All blood rushes to face and then I get indoors and it takes a good 10 mins to return to normal. Do asians have the same problem?

Fuck.

Do blacks blush?

0.jpg
No us Asians are warm and cozy in our Canada goose jackets

Anony

Welp, just found out I got laid off. yay. great way to start off 2014.

damn that sucks, im starting to find a job myself now having taking a half year break after graduation
problem is, i never enjoyed my degree, and i don't really have a career direction or anything

anyways, i went to that sushimoto near yonge/sheppard, it was ok, everything was expensive and i didnt really like it, i got the chicken yaki soba, which was 12$ :|
all my friends ordered sushi and bento boxes, which was even more

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
damn that sucks, im starting to find a job myself now having taking a half year break after graduation
problem is, i never enjoyed my degree, and i don't really have a career direction or anything

anyways, i went to that sushimoto near yonge/sheppard, it was ok, everything was expensive and i didnt really like it, i got the chicken yaki soba, which was 12$ :|
all my friends ordered sushi and bento boxes, which was even more
Expensive?! The sushi boats are gigantic for what you get unless you want an AYCE place.

Career is always who you know not what you know. Get out there asking people you know. apply for headhunters.

mr.rager

Awful. Did you get a package?

I did. I had big plans for this year, was gonna buy a new car and my gf and I get were planning to get our own place but I guess those plans will have to be put on hold just a bit. I'll take this is a blessing in disguise, the job was soul crushing even though it was easy and the pay was decent. Still, not having a job sucks lol.

What kind of coats do you guys wear? It's not hard to tuck your gloves into your sleeves.
I actually have a Canada Goose jacket but ever since everyone and their mothers and grandmothers started to own one I stopped wearing it and got myself Parajumpers. #TeamGenericAzn

hmprod

H&M Thinsulate gloves. You guys need to buy one of these, sooo warm.

mr.rager

Do they come in black? :D My current gloves look nice but do not keep my hands warm at all. :(

afaik they only have them in grey. They're so warm though. Only bad thing is that I can't use my phone while I have em on.

cross post from sneaker thread

Also in light of all that transpired yesterday (got laid off) I got a very nice surprise from my gf today.

Gamma 11s! Was supposed to be part of my Christmas present from her but didn't get in on time. Thanks Canada Post!

Seeing them in person and on-foot changed my mind on em lol, they look amazing on-foot.

Receiving these just made my day a whole lot better.

Anth0ny

afaik they only have them in grey. They're so warm though. Only bad thing is that I can't use my phone while I have em on.

cross post from sneaker thread

Receiving these just made my day a whole lot better.

god damn

I wanted these so bad but didn't know any stores near me that stocked them =/

I guess online is the way to go for sneakers? Don't they charge you crazy taxes on them, though? ugh.

zroid

Banned
the weather got reaal bad around 10pm last night so the final 2-3 hours of the trip, from near London to back home were nightmarish. :(

apart from that it was a long but smooth 14 hour drive (including stops) from Knoxville

mr.rager

god damn

I wanted these so bad but didn't know any stores near me that stocked them =/

I guess online is the way to go for sneakers? Don't they charge you crazy taxes on them, though? ugh.

Whereabouts do you live? HoH Toronto, Capsule and Livestock stocked had them in stock. I know Capsule raffled them off, not sure about Livestock. HoH is usually first come first serve.

Online is a pain unless you have a bot, then there's taxes and customs charges. I usually just camp out with my buddies at Square One whenever there's a release I want. It's better too since I get to inspect the shoe and make sure there's no flaws. She wouldn't tell me where she got them from or how much but I'm 100% sure it's from jsfordays. I checked her Mac and she didn't delete her browsing history lool.

Mr. F

Banned
Makes perfect sense, I'm glad they're finally opening a second location; long waits have plagued that place since the start.

No signs of freezing rain or blizzard yet, whoop!

Anth0ny

Whereabouts do you live? HoH Toronto, Capsule and Livestock stocked had them in stock. I know Capsule raffled them off, not sure about Livestock. HoH is usually first come first serve.

Online is a pain unless you have a bot, then there's taxes and customs charges. I usually just camp out with my buddies at Square One whenever there's a release I want. It's better too since I get to inspect the shoe and make sure there's no flaws. She wouldn't tell me where she got them from or how much but I'm 100% sure it's from jsfordays. I checked her Mac and she didn't delete her browsing history lool.

I'm in Vaughan. I'll have to check those places out next time the 11s drop. Do you know if the Gammas will get restocked at all? Maybe sometime in March?

I also don't want to get stabbed. Us friendly Canadians don't stab each other over sneakers... right? ^_^

I don't know how well drunkenness and board games will go together. It could get ugly.

From my experience, not well.

R.I.P Star Wars Monopoly

soultron

Banned
That's not what he means. Think of the arguments some people get into while playing games. Now add alcohol. :lol
All game boards will still be laminated. (In my dreams.) Arguments change nothing. Alcohol isn't necessarily required to argue during games either, you're right. :)

mr.rager

I don't know how well drunkenness and board games will go together. It could get ugly.

From my own personal experience, lot's of swearing is involved, usually over monopoly money. Good fucking times.

I'm in Vaughan. I'll have to check those places out next time the 11s drop. Do you know if the Gammas will get restocked at all? Maybe sometime in March?

I also don't want to get stabbed. Us friendly Canadians don't stab each other over sneakers... right? ^_^

Gammas will most likely be restocked, they restocked the Bred 11s this past March and they got retro'd in December 2012. Concords got restocked too iirc. It's best to follow champs/footlocker on twitter and IG. They usually post about upcoming restocks. And you won't get stabbed or anything like that, been collecting shoes for 10+ years and I've never been shot/stabbed/threatened. Unless you go to SCABorough town centre footlocker =P

Next 11s to drop according to rumors are either Concord lows or Snakeskin lows during the Summer. I'm hoping for Columbia 11s for December of this year.

Top Bottom