• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

isny

napkin dispenser
Although Winter Classic was warmer then this it felt colder there.

You know, you should really take the trek up here to Ottawa with Krae for the meetup later this month. We would be honoured by your presence and locals would bring beavertails to you to pay their respects.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
You know, you should really take the trek up here to Ottawa with Krae for the meetup later this month. We would be honoured by your presence and locals would bring beavertails to you to pay their respects.

Have one in the summer when it's not balls cold and I just might.

Liberty4all

Banned
You, sir, are a trooper. I would've said fuck it and called in sick.

I did this morning. I am really sick though :)

Sadly I kind of wish id waited until Monday. 25 cm+ for Toronto along with Blizzard conditions.

650x366_01022017_hd36.jpg

Cities that could be hit by a sudden blinding snow, plunging temperatures and a quick freeze include Nashville, Tenn.; Lexington, Ky.; Cincinnati; Morgantown, W.Va.; Pittsburgh; Buffalo, N.Y.; and Toronto, Ontario. Travel along I-40, I-64 and I-65 could be difficult Sunday night.

http://m.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/cold-snow-detroit-chicago-clev/21623238

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Samyy

I have nothing to do, nowhere to go and even have Monday off.
I welcome this snow with open arms!

#TeamCold #TeamSnow

Kraftwerk

I hope team warm freezes and shatters.

+1

I always found it amusing for CANADIANS to complain about the cold...I mean you would think people would get used to this and be prepared after living here.

Who is down for a meetup on Monday, we will sit in the patio, like real Canadian men.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
+1

I always found it amusing for CANADIANS to complain about the cold...I mean you would think people would get used to this and be prepared after living here.

Who is down for a meetup on Monday, we will sit in the patio, like real Canadian men.
Bury you in snow at the next meet up..

#teamkaveman

So cooooold

Lots of snow Monday? I work Monday night, if its terrible out I'm sure they'll tell me to stay home since it would be a very dead night

Anth0ny

Anyone else hearing loud ass booms? Apparently "frost quakes" are happening and it's scaring the shit out of me...

I just want to play 3D World at 3:30am in peace!

I've been hearing loud booms all night but I thought it was coming from my neighbors. It seems to be coming from the side of my house I thought maybe it was my bathroom the pipes or something. I still have no idea what it is but it seems too local possibly in my house or the neighbors (attached houses) to be some sort of quake outside. Says it is -23 in Brampton right now.

Anth0ny

I've been hearing loud booms all night but I thought it was coming from my neighbors. It seems to be coming from the side of my house I thought maybe it was my bathroom the pipes or something. I still have no idea what it is but it seems too local possibly in my house or the neighbors (attached houses) to be some sort of quake outside. Says it is -23 in Brampton right now.

Yeah my girlfriend told me about the booms and thought it was her neighbours too... then I started hearing them. And twitter is full of frightened people hearing bangs outside of their home.

Not sure how I'm going to sleep tonight. They aren't really stopping -_-

Yeah I just searched on twitter #frostquake and it seems that is what it is. Creepy. I also opened my door as I can't sleep and my penis fell off. I was shirtless, barefeet, and in my boxers.

Was curious how -23 felt. Now I know.

Mr. F

Banned
Yeah I just searched on twitter #frostquake and it seems that is what it is. Creepy. I also opened my door as I can't sleep and my penis fell off. I was shirtless, barefeet, and in my boxers.

It's more widespread than I thought, apparently all over Ontario and some parts of Quebec. I was surprised that's what we were feeling out here, I'm at my parents nearly two hours out from TO.

Even with the scientific explanation it's eerie as hell. :lol

terrible

Banned

With windchill it's -30 right now. I'll never understand how people could say hot weather is worse than cold weather.

We're getting Winnipeg weather over here and Winnipeg is getting Mars-like weather lol.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
With windchill it's -30 right now. I'll never understand how people could say hot weather is worse than cold weather.

We're getting Winnipeg weather over here and Winnipeg is getting Mars-like weather lol.
"Oh no, I'm cold! I'll just put on some more/warmer clothes while I walk down the street. Ah, that's better."

"Oh no, I'm hot! I'll just take off all my clothes while I walk down the street. Oops, better call Saul!"

zroid

Banned
I think the route we're taking back home from Florida will just barely avoid this crazy snowstorm in north-east US right now. Hopefully (._. )

terrible

Banned
"Oh no, I'm cold! I'll just put on some more/warmer clothes while I walk down the street. Ah, that's better."

"Oh no, I'm hot! I'll just take off all my clothes while I walk down the street. Oops, better call Saul!"

As it stands now outside of putting on so much clothing that you can no longer bend over or sit down you'll still get cold. Plus I'm not convinced that wearing a ski mask in the city wouldn't freak people out. If I had full blown arctic gear sure, maybe I'd be ok with this. All my joints ache from this weather lol. My bad knee is at a breaking point, especially with all the ice and slipping. Save me!

The worst that happens when it gets to 40C with humidity in the summer is I sweat a lot and I have to drink a lot of water. Doesn't even bother me. I think I was born in the wrong country weather-wise.

Oppo

8gMkcLz.jpg

seriously, don't go outside if you can help it, it is not fit for humans

terrible said:
Plus I'm not convinced that wearing a ski mask in the city wouldn't freak people out.
uh, I think you'll be ok, I've been seeing balaclavas on people in winter for decades.

Stet

Banned
It got so cold on Wednesday night that the fan coil compressor on the roof of my building exploded and flooded the corner units of the top three floors. I'm the third floor down. :(

People above me got it a lot worse and I feel awful for them, but I'm still stuck with holes in my ceiling and baseboards torn out and dehumidifiers running constantly for the next few days so when I say it's too cold I mean it's too cold for machinery even.

terrible

Banned
uh, I think you'll be ok, I've been seeing balaclavas on people in winter for decades.
I very rarely see it, but when I do they get lots of looks lol. Nothing more would happen I know. I was just trying to be dramatic to show my dislike for cold weather and how damn inconvenient it is though. I hate cold weather and everything it brings with it. My electricity bill is higher. Roads become dangerous. My skin gets dry. I can't have a pint on a bar patio in the winter, etc. The horror.

I'm curious if people in hot climates regularly flock to snowy places in the summer to get away from the heat. Us Canadian's definitely go away to hot places in the winter for a break when we can.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
It depends terrible.

Are you one of the many generic asians here? If so you'll be fine.

But if you're like me, I advise against it. :p

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
It got so cold on Wednesday night that the fan coil compressor on the roof of my building exploded and flooded the corner units of the top three floors. I'm the third floor down. :(

People above me got it a lot worse and I feel awful for them, but I'm still stuck with holes in my ceiling and baseboards torn out and dehumidifiers running constantly for the next few days so when I say it's too cold I mean it's too cold for machinery even.
It's the fan coil's fault. Next time just put some more clothing on the fan coil compressor. And then take the clothing off when it gets too hot.

#teamwarm

soultron

Banned
I didn't really feel like it was too cold this morning when I was commuting to work. Mind you, I had a scarf wrapped around my face, toque, and sweater hood on. Also did the old "gloves on first and then put jacket on" trick.

#TeamCold

Sober

I didn't really feel like it was too cold this morning when I was commuting to work. Mind you, I had a scarf wrapped around my face, toque, and sweater hood on. Also did the old "gloves on first and then put jacket on" trick.

#TeamCold
It still surprises me that people DON'T do this.

Top Bottom