• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So it finally happened:

The Dean Blundell show has officially been canceled.

I know I haven't listened to it in years nor have majority of us but when I was a young punk it used to be all I listened to in the morning.

yyzjohn

Banned
So it finally happened:

I know I haven't listened to it in years nor have majority of us but when I was a young punk it used to be all I listened to in the morning.

Fuck I forgot to listen this morning, so they announced it?

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
So it finally happened:

Meh. I didn't like him when I did listen to the Edge.

yyzjohn

Banned
Meh. I didn't like him when I did listen to the Edge.

I liked it back in the day when they had Jason and Todd, then Blundell seemed to become more and more of a prick as the years went on. I found myself listening less and less after Jason got fired, and then when it happened to Todd that was the final straw. I think many listeners were the same. Show was going downhill fast.

:'(
We shall have our revenge on Friday, brother!
My weather app shows 2 degrees for Friday. It isn't 30+ but I'll take it for now.
Liar. Everyone knows that nobody from Team Warm is going to heaven.

oh-i-just-realized-i-hate-you.gif

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I liked it back in the day when they had Jason and Todd, then Blundell seemed to become more and more of a prick as the years went on. I found myself listening less and less after Jason got fired, and then when it happened to Todd that was the final straw. I think many listeners were the same. Show was going downhill fast.

Yeah, Jason and Todd were fine but I never liked Blundell. I stopped listening long before Jason and Todd were fired. Humble and Fred, were much, much better.

Edit: They fired Bookie? :( Always liked him. Shows how long it's been since I've listened to the Edge.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Exactly how I feel. Once Jason was fired I slowly stopped listening.

He always was the one to keep things from going totally off the rails.

Windam

Scaley member
Class today was cancelled because the prof couldn't make it to school from his house due to "impassable roads". Thanks, snow! :D

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
HOLY FUCK IT'S COLD. I was actually like... scared for my life on my way to my apartment from the Go station, that 10minute walk was scary as fuck.

Spl1nter

Exactly how I feel. Once Jason was fired I slowly stopped listening.

He always was the one to keep things from going totally off the rails.

Same. Dean became more and more of an asshole over the years. Jason did a great job of keeping him in check and once he was gone Todd had difficulty filling that role as he had to cover for both Dean while trying to provide colour and comedy. I remember times last year when Dean was away, show was much better with just Todd.

Wonder what happens now. It is a huge slot to fill.

Also indie 88.1 has marginally better music than edge. They still play a bunch of hit songs and some of there song selection is just terrible.

soultron

Banned

Clara's is on there (it's absolutely terrible) and not Brock Sandwich, which is just down the road? (And actually good.)

Yeah, sorry but this list is garbage. Clara's is terrible for the money (it's ~$15 for burg+fries) and the time it takes them to cook your meal. The tables are also chalkboards, which means that your elbows are gonna get messy if the table wasn't cleaned properly prior to you sitting down. The burgers I've tried there were extremely bland as well.

BlogTO has slowly turned into BuzzFeed, Toronto edition. All their "top" lists these days are completely redundant in addition to already being useless because they're submitted by clueless readers instead people who know what they're actually talking about.

The Best Burger in Toronto
The Best Cheeseburgers in Toronto
The Best Old School Burgers in Toronto
The Best Restaurant Burgers in Toronto
The top 10 new burger joints in Toronto
The Best Late Night Burgers in Toronto
The Best Turkey Burgers in Toronto
10 Toronto restaurants that serve bison burgers
The Best Sliders in Toronto

Fuck off BlogTO.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
I -really- don't want to work outside of home tomorrow. Usually i could work from home but I am working on site with a client

Mr. F

Banned
Was kind of hoping for cancellations today. Feeling down to -40 and frostbite weather doesn't sound like good reason to leave the house.

I'm in bed. No way I'm commuting from Brampton to U of T for one measly class on the second day back. This is my first day missed I believe in 2.5 years. I feel a bit sad but I'll get over it. #TeamWarm #TeamNerd

zroid

Banned
Yesterday my porch door got blocked by ice but I was too lazy to melt it 'cause who needs a front entrance anyway, right?

Today I'm getting a UPS delivery. :(

Shoulda just done it yesterday...

Rinoa

Whole body is frostbitten 5mins being outside -_-

Couldn't sleep last night either
http://www.citynews.ca/2014/01/07/frost-quakes-heard-across-gta/

Yesterday my porch door got blocked by ice but I was too lazy to melt it 'cause who needs a front entrance anyway, right?

Today I'm getting a UPS delivery. :(

Shoulda just done it yesterday...

I had a UPS delivery during the ice storm+black out+no way to melt the impacted ice. Luckily I looked out the window as the truck came and opened the door to show I'm home, so that the delivery guy can't chicken out from going to my house.. and my house has a lot of stairs to get to.

Kraftwerk

Anyone wanna go for a walk in this nice cool Canadian weather? The sun is out too. We could go down to the lake, and have a drink or too.

#teamnotapussy

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
had to wrap up my face like a bandit with a scarf
the wind was blowing directly at me for like a minute during my 15 min walk to the ttc
it was murderously painful

I have to leave my nose uncovered when I do that otherwise I just end up blind when my breath fogs up my glasses. :(

Just finished shovelling out the end of our driveway. Had to put on my balaclava instead of just my toque otherwise I would have ended up with a face full of snow every time the wind comes up. Just thankful that I didn't have to go chase down our garbage can like the guy down the street.

Sober

Well, gotta go to work in about an hour, but retail is gonna retail so I'm not expecting it to be busy at all today. Doubt anyone is going to come out to go shopping unless they need groceries or something (or ice salt, which we never have but they ask anyway).

Top Bottom