• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Kunohara

It takes me about 3-5 min to walk from my car to work. I work beside the airport. With the planes taking off, the wind always blows towards me. I did not think I knew pain until that wind hit me today. I was wearing my balaclava, toque, gloves, everything, and the exposed part of my face was burning like crazy. I actually had to turn my face away sometimes because it got so bad.

I work at a car rental place, and the guys outside still had to clean our cars. They do take breaks, but fuck you could not pay me enough to do shit like that on a day like today. My wife takes the bus to work, and she just called into to say she isn't coming in. It takes her 10 min to walk from her stop to work. I told her it's not worth going in.

I still don't have hot water or heat in my place but as of today, it's no longer flooding!

(and apparently the heat is coming on today too. If it really does come on today, that will cap it off at 17 days without heat!)

yyzjohn

Banned
I don't know about you guys, but I see the temp is supposed to go up to 4-5 degrees on Saturday, I'm busting out the shorts compared to this weather.

zroid

Banned
So who's getting/got those grocery gift card things?

My power only went out for like 30 seconds so I guess I'm ineligible :U

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
This reminds me of the time I wasn't allowed to walk to or from school because it was like -40C with the wind chill. I got a drive both ways.

whitehawk

Banned
It takes me about 3-5 min to walk from my car to work. I work beside the airport. With the planes taking off, the wind always blows towards me. I did not think I knew pain until that wind hit me today. I was wearing my balaclava, toque, gloves, everything, and the exposed part of my face was burning like crazy. I actually had to turn my face away sometimes because it got so bad.

I work at a car rental place, and the guys outside still had to clean our cars. They do take breaks, but fuck you could not pay me enough to do shit like that on a day like today. My wife takes the bus to work, and she just called into to say she isn't coming in. It takes her 10 min to walk from her stop to work. I told her it's not worth going in.
5 minute walk? 10 Minute walk? Oh come on, it's not thaaat bad. As long as you wear the proper clothes, 10 minutes is fine.

cbox

OOh that's right near the highway too, lots of huge open spaces there - so much wind.

5 minute walk? 10 Minute walk? Oh come on, it's not thaaat bad. As long as you wear the proper clothes, 10 minutes is fine.
My gf has already texted me from work saying she has seen a number of patients with weather related illness today. Especially older people. 5-10 minutes can be enough.

Dyno

All my life I would have agreed with you. All these years in Toronto I would agree with you.

Except today.

I walk 10-15 minutes to work and this morning for the first time in my life I seriously thought of turning back. It's so cold that my 'fight or flight' animal instincts nearly took over. My logical mind had to force the lizard brain to keep moving forward.

Even then I didn't really even make it. I ducked into the Eaton Centre and did part of my walk in there. This freezing weather is a real killer, I can't remember anything like it. I hope everyone takes precautions and stays safe!

I love how my mailman doesn't even bother to knock on the door and wait for someone to answer to deliver a package that needs to be signed for. He just quickly writes a slip to pick it up at the post office and jets off.

I know it is cold outside but considering my mailman does this even in 20 degree weather I'd say its no wonder I'm glad they're doing away with door to door service.

So now I have to go in the cold to the post office and pick it up myself. Thanks, dick.

Rinoa

I love how my mailman doesn't even bother to knock on the door and wait for someone to answer to deliver a package that needs to be signed for. He just quickly writes a slip to pick it up at the post office and jets off.

I know it is cold outside but considering my mailman does this even in 20 degree weather I'd say its no wonder I'm glad they're doing away with door to door service.

So now I have to go in the cold to the post office and pick it up myself. Thanks, dick.

It sucks that this is so the norm, some mailmen are good tho. And they're rare as hell.

We should get money or some sort of recompense if we have to pick up packages tho.

My stupid husband walked from Wellesley all the way down to like King street and then back rather than take the train.

omg...

My stupid husband walked from Wellesley all the way down to like King street and then back rather than take the train.

o_O You can now classify him as a Meat Popsicle.

I had a mailman deliver stuff today though ... he crouched down with his knees close to his chest as he was scanning the stuff in. If I got a slip, I would just wait a few days to go pick it up.

everything has been fine but my feet :/

Same. They turned into icesicles when I was waiting 15 minutes inside a (heated) GO train shelter :/

I'm not sure if it's okay to wear two socks. I mean, what if you start sweating...

I still don't have hot water or heat in my place but as of today, it's no longer flooding!

(and apparently the heat is coming on today too. If it really does come on today, that will cap it off at 17 days without heat!)

#teamwinter for ya.

In lighter news, my mailwoman delivered my parcel to my door instead of the (superior) community box. So kind of her ^^

Quadratic

Changing my job location to Yonge/Eglinton. Some of you chaps might be knowledgeable of the surrounding area. Any great spots for lunch? I know there's a mall at the corner where the subway station is. Any other spots along Eglinton or Yonge?

Kraftwerk

Changing my job location to Yonge/Eglinton. Some of you chaps might be knowledgeable of the surrounding area. Any great spots for lunch? I know there's a mall at the corner where the subway station is. Any other spots along Eglinton or Yonge?

Messini Authentic Gyros is amazing. I always have the Lamb when I go there. The fries are amazing too. Definitely worth a try.

Other thatn that, I have only been to the bars around there. I know there are a ton of sushi joints there, maybe Kuro can chime in if any of them are good.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Messini Authentic Gyros is amazing. I always have the Lamb when I go there. The fries are amazing too. Definitely worth a try.

Other thatn that, I have only been to the bars around there. I know there are a ton of sushi joints there, maybe Kuro can chime in if any of them are good.

Fries are eh, but Messini is super fucking legit. I just get the lamb meat now; now of that pita bullshit to bland the flavour

edit: I only know the area south of there mostly as I worked near Davisville before.

feiojFu.jpg

source

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Your PMs better not be full ass!

I just sent it now!

Oh fucking hell. I read this after I replied. I should've just sent pics of April Reimer's ass

<3 shadowkat

why are you plotting against us? D:

CONSPIRATORS!!!!!
Secrecy is the element of all goodness; even virtue, even beauty is mysterious

Kave probably just doesn't want to be around all dat negativity, which is fair.

Ummmmmm

The more unintelligent a man is, the less mysterious existence seems to him.

Top Bottom