• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

soultron

Banned
Did the ghost pepper chicken wing challenge at Hogtown Smoke BBQ last night. The wings were the easy part compared to the agonizing gut rot I suffered from all night. Never again.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Did the ghost pepper chicken wing challenge at Hogtown Smoke BBQ last night. The wings were the easy part compared to the agonizing gut rot I suffered from all night. Never again.

I learned my lesson after this 1 gigantic ramen bowl that consisted of 4 regular sized ramen bowls.

I managed to eat all the food, but the broth fucked me over, so I couldn't finish.

Never.

Again.

bwLa9Av.jpg

source

soultron

Banned
I learned my lesson after this 1 gigantic ramen bowl that consisted of 4 regular sized ramen bowls.

I managed to eat all the food, but the broth fucked me over, so I couldn't finish.

Never.

Again.

You did the Kinton Mega Ramen challenge? That looked like it was complete overkill. :(

I get near my limit finishing a regular bowl of ramen -- I don't know how you could have like 4x the serving size!

Fuck. This day is a total write-off. My stomach is still hurting and I didn't sleep at all last night because it was so painful. I finished the challenge, which was cool, but I stupidly forgot to think about the fact that wicked indigestion at night would be a very real possibility. I also can't really eat anything else since I run the risk of vomiting. I already lost the cereal I tried to eat this morning.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
You did the Kinton Mega Ramen challenge? That looked like it was complete overkill. :(

I get near my limit finishing a regular bowl of ramen -- I don't know how you could have like 4x the serving size!

Fuck. This day is a total write-off. My stomach is still hurting and I didn't sleep at all last night because it was so painful. I finished the challenge, which was cool, but I stupidly forgot to think about the fact that wicked indigestion at night would be a very real possibility. I also can't really eat anything else since I run the risk of vomiting. I already lost the cereal I tried to eat this morning.

Similar, but it was in Seoul where I did it.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Was it super spicy or just too much volume-wise?
Tasted friggin awesome. I didn't really have too much of the restaurant Japanese style ramen til I was over there and I was excited to have it take off here but it's much better in Asia.

All the actual content wasn't a problem at all and had I had more time, I could've finished. But holy shit that fucking broth. Ugh! I'm on the wall of shame on there but there was this Japanese girl half my fucking size who obliterated the time limit.

Imagine four bowls of just the fucking broth that you had to finish in a time limit.

On the wall of shame there...

edit: just got back from a friend's birthday at Zakkushi on Carlton in Cabbage Town. Goddamn! Best Izakaiya I've been to so far (haven't been to Guu yet). They're sticklers for orders and arriving on time, but I can't complain about the food and it came really fast too. Asahi Blacks are always a plus and they had Wagyu beef skewers as well. The thing I liked about it though was that everything was excellent from the regular old chicken skewers to the Wagyu skewers. If I had to gripe, I'd say the place was a little tight for space and it was quite loud, but I'm definitely going back there in the future.

mr.rager

If I lived in Toronto, I'd vote for Ford just to see what kind of crazy shit he'll do.

Realistically speaking, I know jack shit about the candidates so I have no idea who I'd vote for.

Blackhead

Redarse
Holy crap. The parking lot around my building was sheer ice.

Has that defrosted yet or are you stuck with the ice for the rest of the winter?

I slipped and fell on my bum for the second time this season — while I was wearing my new fancy boots bought specifically to prevent this nonsense. My ass is still aching :/

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Has that defrosted yet or are you stuck with the ice for the rest of the winter?

I slipped and fell on my bum for the second time this season — while I was wearing my new fancy boots bought specifically to prevent this nonsense. My ass is still aching :/

It's mostly gone. Though there are still pockets of ice. That day I made it to my car okay, opened the door and fell flat on my ass. I was wearing good boots too.

I keep reading that I should be super excited about this soccer guy but I have no context. Is he like, a premiership all star, or a guy who used to be good cashing in on the downslide, or just a decent player who will be a star by MLS standards?

I keep reading that I should be super excited about this soccer guy but I have no context. Is he like, a premiership all star, or a guy who used to be good cashing in on the downslide, or just a decent player who will be a star by MLS standards?

Jermaine Defoe is one of the best strikers in the English Premiere league of all time. He is like 14th highest scorer ever or something like that. Although he's 31, he is still very good and definitely miles ahead of almost all the MLS players.
Here he is scoring last Saturday for Tottenham:

Defoe.gif

The second signing is probably even more impressive. His name is Michael Bradley and he is considered the best player on the US Men's National Team. What is crazy about signing him is that he is only 26 so he is in the absolute prime of his career.

Both signings added together are pretty incredible.

I'm not forgetting that this is Toronto sports, so the teams usually find a way to lose even when stacked with great players... but it's difficult not to be excited about what they pulled off here.

They also signed a young Brazilian who is supposed to be really good and brought back de Rosario who is a former MLS MVP......

Still doubt I go to any games but I might pay a little attention when I see a game on TV

ZZMitch

Been wearing sneakers through all of this and no falls! :p

And as an American who follows US Soccer very closely, you guys will be pumped with Michael Bradley, he is practically the glue that holds the US team together at the midfield.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Been wearing sneakers through all of this and no falls! :p

And as an American who follows US Soccer very closely, you guys will be pumped with Michael Bradley, he is practically the glue that holds the US team together at the midfield.

stacked team? miss playoffs? blue jays 2013?

Sober

More frequent meetups? Sure. But if that's the case I want some of them to be scheduled during or after ice storms so we can drunk skate to a shady restaurant instead.

Bigfoot

So Toronto-ians, I just saw on TSN that some soccer player is coming to town and the commercial told me that it's big news for Toronto. Is it? Or is TSN just trying to hype something up?

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
So Toronto-ians, I just saw on TSN that some soccer player is coming to town and the commercial told me that it's big news for Toronto. Is it? Or is TSN just trying to hype something up?

Read a few posts back. It sounds like it could be big for TFC.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
About to catch a flight, hoping this mix up with my name being fucked up on the ticket doesn't take too long to fix. First time traveling on my own, so nervous/excited

Top Bottom