• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

krae_man

How long's your flight? Window or aisle seat?[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's both:

BXGcIpB.png

Quick

Banned
I'd play some Floorball.

Team TorontoAge unite!

In other news, I heard Nordstorm is taking over the Sears floorspace in Eaton Centre

I barely ever step foot into Sears, but anytime I'm inside, I feel like I travelled back to the 90s. This is more a comment on their stores in general, rather than specific to the Eaton Centre location. Nordstrom (quickly looking them up) would be an upgrade.

Some of the other locations I've been in are in pretty bad shape, too. Notably abandoned-looking dressing rooms and the odd decrepit corners.

Sober

I'd play some Floorball.

Team TorontoAge unite!

I barely ever step foot into Sears, but anytime I'm inside, I feel like I travelled back to the 90s. This is more a comment on their stores in general, rather than specific to the Eaton Centre location. Nordstrom (quickly looking them up) would be an upgrade.

Some of the other locations I've been in are in pretty bad shape, too. Notably abandoned-looking dressing rooms and the odd decrepit corners.
That's pretty much most Sears locations these days.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
How long's your flight? Window or aisle seat?

Well I just landed in salt lake... I'm a little confused about how long the actual flying was (there was one change over) - but my first flight was at 9, and I landed at 2 local.... so I guess 7 hours total? That doesn't include the 3 hours I spent waiting for the flight, turns out while my name issue was annoying, it's so dead at 6am that the whole thing only took 20minutes to deal with.

However, they gave me SSSS status and I got the werks.

edit: I did have a window seat on my first plane, but some old lady was already sitting in it when I got there. She stared at me the whole damn flight.

Kraftwerk is coming to Toronto March 29th...

omgomgomgomgomgomogmogmogmogmogmgomgomgomgomgomg

'Hyperventilating"

You're already here, silly.

where is the best place to sell a watch in downtown Toronto? it's a Timex easy reader

I think I've only worn it once. Should I just sell it to a pawn shop? Or are there other places worth checking out? It probably isn't even worth much, but I need money..

edit: While I'm at it, where should I sell an Xbox 360 and a random model 2 Sega Genesis? Game Centre? A&C?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
where is the best place to sell a watch in downtown Toronto? it's a Timex easy reader

I think I've only worn it once. Should I just sell it to a pawn shop? Or are there other places worth checking out? It probably isn't even worth much, but I need money..

edit: While I'm at it, where should I sell an Xbox 360 and a random model 2 Sega Genesis? Game Centre? A&C?

Try the Buy/Sell/Trade thread on gaming community

edit: WE MESSED THOSE SABRES UP GOOD! 3 SHOOTOUT GOALS IN A ROW!!!!!!!!!!
ibdrh8SK484xwb.gif

Dyno

I went to Don Don Izakaya as part of a work function. I've been there a few times and this time was the best. There may be some improvements taking place.

The meal was a bunch of appetizers and sushi that everybody sampled from. They had fried up shrimp that were to die for and some pretty good chicken karage. Their sushi is also nicer than any of the places in the neighbourhood. The room has a nice atmosphere as well and the service was good.

whitehawk

Banned
I hate Best Buy. Called for a PS4, they had it in stock. Asked if they can hold it, they said they can't. Asked if they would probably have enough stock by the time I got there. They said yes. I'm 30 minutes away, about to leave home, try calling again to make sure they still have it. They don't answer. I leave, and they are out of stock. I literally saw a women walking out with a PS4 as I got to the store.

Why can't Best Buy hold systems for a few hours if you call in advance? They just wasted my time and money.

krae_man

I hate Best Buy. Called for a PS4, they had it in stock. Asked if they can hold it, they said they can't. Asked if they would probably have enough stock by the time I got there. They said yes. I'm 30 minutes away, about to leave home, try calling again to make sure they still have it. They don't answer. I leave, and they are out of stock. I literally saw a women walking out with a PS4 as I got to the store.

Why can't Best Buy hold systems for a few hours if you call in advance? They just wasted my time and money.

I don't work for bestbuy but I've had customers ask me to hold something for 30 minutes, I've held it for an hour before releasing the hold then they've called back 3 hours later still expecting their stuff to still be on hold for them.

You might have been there in 30 minutes like you said you would be, but you're the exception not the rule.

whitehawk

Banned
I don't work for bestbuy but I've had customers ask me to hold something for 30 minutes, I've held it for an hour before releasing the hold then they've called back 3 hours later still expecting their stuff to still be on hold for them.

You might have been there in 30 minutes like you said you would be, but you're the exception not the rule.
No, they said that specifically with PS4 because of the demand, they're not doing pre-orders or holding systems. First come first serve. Which is stupid. I guess they figure that it will sell out no matter what, so they don't want to deal with the hassle of holding systems. Easier for them, but it's terrible customer relations. I already filed a complaint with corporate.

krae_man

If they did allow holds, people would not show up in the hold time allotted and show up later expecting the PS4 to still be on hold for them and freak.

Not to mention the customers in the store who see the PS4's off to the side on hold.

They can't win either way.

I've actually told customers "yes we still have stock left, no I can't hold anything for you" and had them spend the next 10 minutes trying to twist my words into guaranteeing some will still be left. "How many do you have left?" "How many have you sold in the last 15 minutes?" then extrapolating from that as a guarantee that inventory will be left by time X and stuff.

Sorry, but I'm siding with Best Buy.

whitehawk

Banned
If they did allow holds, people would not show up in the hold time allotted and show up later expecting the PS4 to still be on hold for them and freak.

Not to mention the customers in the store who see the PS4's off to the side on hold.

They can't win either way.
They can hide the PS4s on hold! And screw the people who would show up late.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I went to Don Don Izakaya as part of a work function. I've been there a few times and this time was the best. There may be some improvements taking place.

The meal was a bunch of appetizers and sushi that everybody sampled from. They had fried up shrimp that were to die for and some pretty good chicken karage. Their sushi is also nicer than any of the places in the neighbourhood. The room has a nice atmosphere as well and the service was good.

Must have been a bunch of changes cause the last time I was there it was garbage. One dude was suggesting it before and even changed his mind after going a second time. Food was atrocious. It was one of the second times where stuff made in a Japanese restaurant by actual Japanese people disappointed me. I also got sick afterwards. Zakkushi is much better!

whitehawk

Banned
Be there right when the open tomorrow? Would they hold stock for Friday since that is when the flyer goes live?
Nah. Apparently Bay & Dundas and Leaside got stock yesterday, the one day I didn't call. Warden got stock today. I believe this is the first shipment for the new year. The Downtown Best Buy said they sold out in 20 mins.

Dyno

Must have been a bunch of changes cause the last time I was there it was garbage. One dude was suggesting it before and even changed his mind after going a second time. Food was atrocious. It was one of the second times where stuff made in a Japanese restaurant by actual Japanese people disappointed me. I also got sick afterwards. Zakkushi is much better!

The time before I went with friends and didn't like it enough to go back. The work thing meant I had no choice but it worked out nice. So maybe some change or maybe just sticking to appetizers was a different experience. I do like the room as well.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
The time before I went with friends and didn't like it enough to go back. The work thing meant I had no choice but it worked out nice. So maybe some change or maybe just sticking to appetizers was a different experience. I do like the room as well.
So it was inconsistent? Hmmm...well it was bad enough for my first experience there's no way I'd go back. At least your work time was good.

Question figured I'd ask here and not make a new thread for this.

I'm flying JetBlue from Buffalo to JFK and then JFK to Fort Lauderdale. The connection times are about 2 hours for JFK and then 1 hour 11 minutes in Fort Lauderdale before getting on a Jetblue plane to my international destination.

Are these connections too short? They all seem to happen in the same terminal. Do I have to clear security and take off my shoes and all that bullshit or when I arrive in JFK do I go straight to my next gate in that same terminal to fly to Florida? And in Florida the same? Doesn't seem to be switching of terminals in any of these locations so I'm thinking if I don't have to pass security I will be ok.

Basically: if you are staying in the same terminal for connecting flights do you have to pass through security and is 2 hours at JFK and 1 hour at Fort Lauderdale enough time to make connections?

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport

I'm flying JetBlue from Buffalo to JFK and then JFK to Fort Lauderdale. The connection times are about 2 hours for JFK and then 1 hour 11 minutes in Fort Lauderdale before getting on a Jetblue plane to my international destination.

Are these connections too short? They all seem to happen in the same terminal. Do I have to clear security and take off my shoes and all that bullshit or when I arrive in JFK do I go straight to my next gate in that same terminal to fly to Florida? And in Florida the same? Doesn't seem to be switching of terminals in any of these locations so I'm thinking if I don't have to pass security I will be ok.

Basically: if you are staying in the same terminal for connecting flights do you have to pass through security and is 2 hours at JFK and 1 hour at Fort Lauderdale enough time to make connections?

1 hour is kind of risky to me.

Also I would never fly out of Buffalo, the people there at all levels are incompetent fucks. Cost my group 1500 dollars and two days when we tried to fly through there on our vacation. If you have to, double check every detail.

krae_man

You are already passed the security checkpoints. You will be able to get to your gate without going through it again. 2 hours is plenty, 1 hour 10 minutes is a little tight but I've done 40 minutes before. It's not ideal. you're prefer to get to your gate well before they start boarding because worrying about missing your flight and rushing fucking sucks but 1 hour 10 is plenty doable. Of course if your plane ends up an hour late...

Also Pro Tip: flying out of Buffalo is way, way cheaper. but flying into Toronto is only slightly more expensive. I've searched pearson in and out being say $700, Buffalo in and out $300, but Buffalo out, Pearson in $375.

check that out next time.

Also I would never fly out of Buffalo, the people there at all levels are incompetent fucks. Cost my group 1500 dollars and two days when we tried to fly through there on our vacation. If you have to, double check every detail.

I always fly out of Buffalo and have never had a problem. one $20 greyhound(or $1 Megabus if I get lucky) saves me hundreds on flight costs!

Or did you fly out of Niagara on one of those budget airlines like Spirit? That's a different Airport.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I always fly out of Buffalo and have never had a problem. one $20 greyhound(or $1 Megabus if I get lucky) saves me hundreds on flight costs!

Or did you fly out of Niagara on one of those budget airlines like Spirit? That's a different Airport.

No, I flew out of Buffalo on United. Actually now that I think about it, most of the incompetence was with United personnel. Maybe the rest of the airport is okay. I'd still rather pay more to fly out of Pearson to avoid that kind of nightmare again.

Don't tell me that :(

I've never flown out of Buffalo before but my brother has and don't think he's had any issues. I actually considered spirit but then said lol no after reading reviews. JetBlue was pretty much the same price and ive heard nothing but good things of them.

You are already passed the security checkpoints. You will be able to get to your gate without going through it again. 2 hours is plenty, 1 hour 10 minutes is a little tight but I've done 40 minutes before. It's not ideal. you're prefer to get to your gate well before they start boarding because worrying about missing your flight and rushing fucking sucks but 1 hour 10 is plenty doable. Of course if your plane ends up an hour late...

Also Pro Tip: flying out of Buffalo is way, way cheaper. but flying into Toronto is only slightly more expensive. I've searched pearson in and out being say $700, Buffalo in and out $300, but Buffalo out, Pearson in $375.

check that out next time.

Good to know about the security gates. I haven't bought the ticket yet so I'm still debating. The problem is it is either these connection times I gave in my post or a 23 hour connection time with another JetBlue flight option, which is insanely long and basically means shelling out for a hotel.

It costs $180 less flying out of Buffalo for this trip. And my brother is driving me since he lives around Hamilton. Getting to Buffalo isn't a big deal for me.

Top Bottom