• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

wow...The first 3 albums they have are my favorite...mainly the 17 minutes Kling Klang track.

You are banned from any future meetups for that insult.

It wasn't an insult. I'm saying that most people that know them only know the Trans-Europe Express style stuff and don't even know about the early sound they had.

Also, I figured you'd be happy that someone in the thread had heard of the band.

3K5GWzg.jpg

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
It wasn't an insult. I'm saying that most people that know them only know the Trans-Europe Express style stuff and don't even know about the early sound they had.

Also, I figured you'd be happy that someone in the thread had heard of the band.

3K5GWzg.jpg
Added_Time, I Hate Your Fucking Face...is too crass! D:

Kraftwerk

LOWER
BODY
INJURY!

:mad:

You wanna go to Suhi Moto sometimes this week? let me know i'm free.

3K5GWzg.jpg

Ahh, I misunderstood :)

You are unbanned from the meetups, and I will go back to hating Kave_Man.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
You wanna go to Suhi Moto sometimes this week? let me know i'm free.

Ahh, I misunderstood :)

You are unbanned from the meetups, and I will go back to sexually molesting Kave_Man.
Hmmm...not sure. Still resting my foot injury... I do have to go see hero of legend some time to give him a controller...we'll see.

ZZMitch

Hey guys, kind of a random request but I am looking to find a place that sells foam replacement eartips for my Etymotic HF5 headphones.

Something like (or exactly like :p) this:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0078JXDRI/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Do you guys know of any places near downtown that sell stuff like this that I can check out? I left the rest of em at home in Maine and I lost one of em so I only have one headphone left essentially heh!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
You guys should have come to the Ottawa meet up. You could have had some beaver tail.
I've been to Ottawa and I've had beaver tail.
It's full of scary white people like fuzzy. Not enough color in that city and it's filled with homeless. I know Toronto has just as much and likely more homeless but maybe cause Ottawa is smaller that they were more noticeable. Beaver tails aren't bad; I had one at Byward market and also went to 'The Works'. Wow there are some salty Sens fans running The Works there...

York for nothing but Schulich. Complete and utter shithole. Strikes, daily sexual assaults, shitty ass location. No.

~_~

My cousin chose York over U of T for life sciences last year. She wants to be a doctor and I can only imagine her reasoning was that she wanted the easier route to med school. I can't think of any other reason.

I have a 4.0 at U of T through 2.5 years in lifesci and I learn very slowly. If I can do it then anyone can. I am a bit older which I think has been a big advantage for me.

But so far I'm on that U of T super-sayan Asian level. My highlight was an Asian asking me to help them out studying last year. That was when I knew I had truly made it.

#TeamFriendofAsians #TeamElitistUofT

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
York for nothing but Schulich. Complete and utter shithole. Strikes, daily sexual assaults, shitty ass location. No.

~_~

My cousin chose York over U of T for life sciences last year. She wants to be a doctor and I can only imagine her reasoning was that she wanted the easier route to med school. I can't think of any other reason.

I have a 4.0 at U of T through 2.5 years in lifesci and I learn very slowly. If I can do it then anyone can. I am a bit older which I think has been a big advantage for me.

But so far I'm on that U of T super-sayan Asian level. My highlight was an Asian asking me to help them out studying last year. That was when I knew I had truly made it.

#TeamFriendofAsians #TeamElitistUofT
Is your cousin hot and does she like underachieving Asians too? THIS IS IMPORTANT!
I don't get it
LOWER
BODY
INJURY
>: (
MimosaCart.jpg

Is your cousin hot and does she like underachieving Asians too? THIS IS IMPORTANT!
She is hot and barely 19. She is my third cousin so it doesn't count and I can say she is hot.

Not sure what she thinks of underachieving Asians. Will look into this immediately for you. My family is generally pro-Asian as I have a sibling dating one and we permit her to enter our house from time to time.

Spl1nter

I watched when they had a huge lead and then they blew it. MLSE REPRESENT!

I turned it on sometime early in the 3rd quarter and saw hilarious foul on Lowry -worse than the bozak penalty last night - than switched to the Hawks-Bruins game instead. Turned it back on for the last minute or so and there was another complete phantom call.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Except for being the the middle of nowhere and it taking me nearly 2 hours to get there by bus and subway, I pretty much had zero problems with my time at York. Mind you, I haven't paid any attention to York since I graduated.

Spl1nter

Except for being the the middle of nowhere and it taking me nearly 2 hours to get there by bus and subway, I pretty much had zero problems with my time at York. Mind you, I haven't paid any attention to York since I graduated.

In the coming years it should be easier to get to at least since it will be on the subway line. York has such a bad reputation outside of business and law school.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Hmmm....

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...an_accused_in_killing_of_chinese_student.html
This guy actually went to the same high school as Firehawk and I...

And

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/York_University#Strikes
A lot of them when I was in university

Oh and,

http://www.cp24.com/police-investigating-severe-sexual-assault-near-york-u-1.504766
This made the news a lot too.

I'm absolutely sure that this stuff happened at UofT as well, but I don't recall any super big scandal besides the administration playing the stock with the university's money

Yes and its currently being built and will open in autumn 2016. The tunneling is already complete. Keele street has been a mess there right now because of the construction.

http://www.ttc.ca/Spadina/index.jsp

The Vaughan subway station is so ridiculously grandoise. It's just massive, and I don't think anyone is going to be using it. GO is still better if you want to go downtown or even as north as York U or Yorkdale.

I went through the area where they're building that fake downtown (Vaughan Centre I think it's called) and I'm surprised that it -looks- to be coming through. I mean, there's a lot of construction. I'm still not too optimistic though, I just found out that the same people who do the street architecture for Walmart and Loblaws are going to be doing Vaughan Centre -_- I wonder what genius thought that was a good idea lol.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
They've been talking about the subway line there forever.
The last of the tunnels was finished in November at HWY 7 so there's still another couple of years of construction left before the line starts running. They say late 2015 but it'll most likely be 2016.

EDIT: Oh, they already delayed it a year to 2016? 2017 it is then. :lol

Spl1nter

The Vaughan subway station is so ridiculously grandoise. It's just massive, and I don't think anyone is going to be using it. GO is still better if you want to go downtown or even as north as York U or Yorkdale.

I went through the area where they're building that fake downtown (Vaughan Centre I think it's called) and I'm surprised that it -looks- to be coming through. I mean, there's a lot of construction. I'm still not too optimistic though, I just found out that the same people who do the street architecture for Walmart and Loblaws are going to be doing Vaughan Centre -_- I wonder what genius thought that was a good idea lol.

Im sure it will be used seeing as everyone in woodbridge can subway to yorkdale instead of filling up the parking lot.

Quadratic

Shopping in Koreatown today on Bloor and noticed a new Kinton opened up. Possible meetup location?

Raijin does offer more space for the numbers we get up to though.

Top Bottom