• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

v55BEhP.jpg

source

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
#teamwinter

I'm heading out a for a walk.
Suck my rice balls, cold lover!
Are you immune to cold? Going from the meetups you only have a peacoat for this weather.
He rides Harleys to stay warm
It could be that beard granting him immunity to cold.
Dude just is cold blooded. He has stories, man...! Stories!
I think I'll just stay in the PATH for the rest of my life.
Access to groceries, the mall, and relatively few CHUDs.
Welcome to #teamwarm!

Team winter are a bunch of hipsters.

I guess it is cool now to like freezing yo dick off.
#teamwarm represent!

Just gotta vent today. Boss didn't like my tone and the rest of the team didn't like it when I jumped in and answered a question first when nobody else said anything and team didn't like it when I answered a question directed to the boss even though the boss didn't know the answer anyways. Oh but I didn't let her ask me to answer it. Jesus Christ...

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Better than going weeks without a good night's sleep because 95% humidity is just so awesome #teamcomfort
Team humidity over team dry?

I am normally sensitive to the dryness, but for some reason this year has been particularly bad. My hand and my wife's hand (no they're not the same... :( ) are really really dry and I wake up with a dry throat too no matter how much I drink.

I really should set up that damn humidifier I got.

Better than going weeks without a good night's sleep because 95% humidity is just so awesome #teamcomfort
Hey I wouldn't kick a member of #TeamComfort out of my house. It is those damn #TeamWinter and whatever team is enjoying these 40kmh winds at -20 that I want to punch in the face and pour scolding hot water on.

Although I am president of #Team30CelsiusHumidAsFuck, I can still respect #TeamComfort. This current weather is anything but comfortable though. I know deep down inside this is hard even for #TeamWinter but they are too proud to admit it.

I'm a member of #TeamBeard so it is hard to hate Kraft but I want to hurt him so much right now. Also any self-respecting bearded man would know this weather is so anti-beard. I have icicles on my beard in this weather for fuck sakes.

I am normally sensitive to the dryness, but for some reason this year has been particularly bad. My hand and my wife's hand (no they're not the same... :( ) are really really dry and I wake up with a dry throat too no matter how much I drink.

I really should set up that damn humidifier I got.
Grow a beard. (lol Asian)

It helps protect the skin it is like wearing a scarf on your face but not really. Protects a bit from wind.

My hands are very dry though.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I was actually lucky last night. Every day I've been bringing long johns (top and bottom) and extra thick socks to work in a bag just in case I had to work outside but I forgot them at home yesterday. Well yesterday my foreman says that work needs to be done outside all night (4:30pm-2:00am). There are 9 of us on this shift and he told me and one other guy that we'd be working inside all night. Thank fucking god.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Proposed TTC changes.

JC9Cznl.jpg

+ timed transfers of 90/120-minutes.

http://www.blogto.com/city/2014/01/the_ttc_wants_to_make_life_better_seriously_maybe/

Eliminating stops would be a pain in the ass for those affected because they'll have to walk further but hopefully it would stop the morons jaywalking across the street.

Should do this for some bus routes as well. How can you have 3 fucking stops on one block?! you're telling me you can't haul your lazy ass 200 meters to the next one? instead, there are 1-3 people at each stop

Dice//

Banned
Should do this for some bus routes as well. How can you have 3 fucking stops on one block?! you're telling me you can't haul your lazy ass 200 meters to the next one? instead, there are 1-3 people at each stop

This annoys me a lot too.

They've changed a few (very small few) in Mississauga with recent road fix-ups thank god. But yeah, there's also the people who get onto the bus and get off the FIRST stop from the actual bus station (which is literally just a small distance as well).

WALK A LITTLE PEOPLE.
wall_e_2.jpg

Then again, transit is slow and sucky...so maybe whatever can get you THAT much closer to where you live helps.

mr.rager

But yeah, there's also the people who get onto the bus and get off the FIRST stop from the actual bus station (which is literally just a small distance as well).

This reminds me of a lady on the bus yesterday, she got on the bus and got off on the next stop which was like a 2 minute walk from where she got on. Granted that the weather was kind of cold yesterday but still...

Apathy

This reminds me of a lady on the bus yesterday, she got on the bus and got off on the next stop which was like a 2 minute walk from where she got on. Granted that the weather was kind of cold yesterday but still...

I've seen people wait 20 minutes at Finch station to get on the 39 East to get into a packed bus just to get off at the first stop which is way too close to the station. Cold, mild or hot, without fail when it would be faster to just walk.

That doesn't count! lol. I just wanted to see Mississauga on there :( It's bad enough that when I travel a lot people I meet don't know where Toronto is but they know where Banff is... Freakin' Banff of all places.
Beautiful Banff mountain resorts or...Mississauga...don't make me choose!

Just messing with you...but seriously Mississauga sucks bro.

I walk everywhere and as I said in a previous post I actually walk everyday from Union to College & St George for school. In summer it is a great walk but 2.5km in this is tough on me. I can't afford to jump on a TTC bus at union after commuting on the GO train from Brampton as is. A lot of people I know do though.

I walk everywhere and as I said in a previous post I actually walk everyday from Union to College & St George for school. In summer it is a great walk but 2.5km in this is tough on me. I can't afford to jump on a TTC bus at union after commuting on the GO train from Brampton as is. A lot of people I know do though.

I'll second that...It's easier (but longer) if you take PATH up to Queen and then meander diagonally over to McCaul and go north from there. Avoids most of the University wind tunnel and if you catch Silversteins at the right time of day you wander through the delicious smells of fresh-baked bread.

Dice//

Banned
Sooooo Tim Hortons has Toronto Maple Leafs doughnuts now.

I don't eat doughnuts usually but I couldn't resist :3

Like Roto said, it probably tastes awful haha

Oh man, last week went to an underground parking in Toronto (Spadina area)...
One week it will smell like public bathroom soap
Then another it'll smell like piss...actual piss.
About once a year I'll find a druggy turning away because he's probably hiding his shit.

My theory for the soap smell is because after it smells like piss, because someone pissed in it, they pour a jug of soap, then just wash it over and have it drain to some drainage at the bottom.

Lovely Toronto.

zroid

Banned
Any of you guys been to Symposium Café? Apparently they have many locations in the GTA. One just opened very close to my place, so I'm tempted to check it out.

The main attraction for me is a $3.75 burger on Mondays, which otherwise costs $11, it seems.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Delays this morning on the subway. Delays on the bus going to work. Going home bus delayed. Subway ok. Bus to go home - driver waits 5 minutes after we're supposed to leave and bus breaks down at first stop.

Fuck 'the better way'

cbox

Delays this morning on the subway. Delays on the bus going to work. Going home bus delayed. Subway ok. Bus to go home - driver waits 5 minutes after we're supposed to leave and bus breaks down at first stop.

Fuck 'the better way'

The drive home was shit too, so there's that...

Top Bottom