• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Oc41lIn.jpg

source

krae_man

Doge doesn't know where I live.

Last night is said Bridgeport, and today it says Elmira. I didn't ask for the weather in nearby cities.

My eyeballs are frozen.

My jeans are completely ruined. Am I the only one with salt stains on every single one of my jeans? I'm not even going to wear anything except these two pairs of pants until summer. Not risking ruining more of my clothing I'll look like a hobo I don't care.

Samyy

Gotta love that brisk walk to the bus stop. Weather like this lets you really know your alive. Nothing like a blast of chilly air to wake you up and get charged for the day.
#TeamWinter

Azih

I was wondering if it was worth getting now. Does anything other than some Go stations use it now?

Well pretty much all of the regional transit systems use it now I think. YRT, Mississauga, Viva etc and, barring another political screw up, the TTC seems like it's given in and won't be trying to create its own cash card.

Gotta love that brisk walk to the bus stop. Weather like this lets you really know your alive. Nothing like a blast of chilly air to wake you up and get charged for the day.
#TeamWinter
15 minute walk to the go station and a 20 minute-ish walk from Union to Queens park. Do that twice there and back. Fuck you and yo brisk mafucka. Hoes.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Yay, I have my third kidney stone. Went into the emergency at about 6:30am and I was home by 10:00am. I'm on percocet and I'm fucking exhausted because I haven't slept since I got up at 2:00pm yesterday. I have some fun ahead of me for the next week or two.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
My eyeballs are frozen.

My jeans are completely ruined. Am I the only one with salt stains on every single one of my jeans? I'm not even going to wear anything except these two pairs of pants until summer. Not risking ruining more of my clothing I'll look like a hobo I don't care.

Don't the salt stains come out when you wash them?

Don't the salt stains come out when you wash them?
Are you implying that I don't wash my clothes you asshole?

Washing didn't help. :(

That sucks Fuzzy. Will pour one out for your cock and the pain it is about to endure. Although supposedly the journey through your body to the cock is the most painful part and it exiting the urethra is not as bad.

~_~

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Yay, I have my third kidney stone. Went into the emergency at about 6:30am and I was home by 10:00am. I'm on percocet and I'm fucking exhausted because I haven't slept since I got up at 2:00pm yesterday. I have some fun ahead of me for the next week or two.

Hmm...I've never had one *knocks on wood*. Is it your diet or stress???

Blackhead

Redarse
Are you implying that I don't wash my clothes you asshole?

Washing didn't help. :(

~_~

I stopped wearing jeans in winter. It's the worst. Doesn't keep you warm at all, soaks up rain/snow, and takes ages to dry. if you're going to look like a hobo anyway then just wear sweatpants

zroid

Banned
I stopped wearing jeans in winter. It's the worst. Doesn't keep you warm at all, soaks up rain/snow, and takes ages to dry. if you're going to look like a hobo anyway then just wear sweatpants

Costco sells these great lined cargo trousers which are warm as hell. Warmer than sweatpants even. Best pants I've found yet for extreme cold weather, and skiing for that matter. Around $20 each, I think.

mr.rager

How do you guys get salt stains in your jeans? I wear jeans on a daily basis and looking through 4 pairs that I wore throughout the past week and not a single one has any salt stain on it.

What did you expect?
Increasing min wage by a lot has significant theoretical economic downsides which make politicians very hesitant to try it.
I don't know how anyone can live on $11 in Toronto without living with their parents. Must be miserable.

Looking at around $1400 net @ 40 hours a week. That's for the lucky ones who even get 40 hours a week, which many min-wage workers don't even get.

I don't know what I expected, nothing really. I just see the number $11 and the word "Toronto" and cringe at the thought.

Samyy

I don't know how anyone can live on $11 in Toronto without living with their parents. Must be miserable.

Looking at around $1400 net @ 40 hours a week. That's for the lucky ones who even get 40 hours a week, which many min-wage workers don't even get.

I don't know what I expected, nothing really. I just see the number $11 and the word "Toronto" and cringe at the thought.

It is very unfortunate but no one will ever sack up enough to actually try it when so many economic models simply state massive inflation would follow such an increase.

Think about it this way, you increase the minimum wage and now a large number of people can suddenly, for example, afford cars. Demand for cars increases and pushes against supply, manufacturers increase prices to decrease demand to match their supply or they invest in new production facilities to produce more but that is a long term investment in which prices would rise in the interim anyway.

Thats just the theory behind it, you can replace cars with pretty much anything.

I assume anyone working multiple part-time jobs in Toronto is probably going to be living in less the ideal conditions, ie. 2-3 to a 1-2 bedroom apartment type of deal or something.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I've heard this before...

Maybe plan early so we can reserve a spot? 2 meet ups and not a literal sausagefest only a metaphorical one

Edit: kavey!!! October was not a fluke!!! Woooooooooooooooo!!

We got who for Luke Schenn straight up?

He's only getting paid just over 4 million a year for the next million years?

What?

WHAAAT?

yyzjohn

Banned
We got who for Luke Schenn straight up?

He's only getting paid just over 4 million a year for the next million years?

What?

WHAAAT?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this was easily Burke's best trade as Leafs GM. Sure Kessel is the best player he got in a trade, but he also gave up a lot to get Kessel. He gave up fuck all to get JVR and he's now our 2nd best forward.

Azih

So hey, question. What's the best kind of place to buy simple computer cables like a microUSB to USB cable? I really don't want to go to ebay to get a reasonable price for something that costs probably like 8 cents to make.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I've said it before and I'll say it again, this was easily Burke's best trade as Leafs GM. Sure Kessel is the best player he got in a trade, but he also gave up a lot to get Kessel. He gave up fuck all to get JVR and he's now our 2nd best forward.
Fuck All Schenn. New nickname.

Windam

Scaley member
How do you guys get salt stains in your jeans? I wear jeans on a daily basis and looking through 4 pairs that I wore throughout the past week and not a single one has any salt stain on it.

My jeans are tucked inside my boots and they still somehow get salt stains on the lower ends. :(

Top Bottom