• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

whitehawk

Banned
I love how U of T says to watch the website for closures due to snow tomorrow as if anything short of a zombie apocalypse would make them close campus. I still remember the last storm and being the only schmuck school that was open.
Isn't that because not many people commute very far at UofT?

Quadratic

Oh man, there's going to be more snow tomorrow. The side streets haven't been fully cleared yet.

I go to my folks to help them shovel since they are elderly. The mountain of snow that piles up in front of their house is huge because their house and the neighbours have sloped driveways which collect a tonne of snow. And it's a pain in the ass to clear out.

I was shocked when I got snow days at u of Waterloo after 4 years of no snow days at York Lol..... They called snow days for the littlest snowfall

Azih

Yup, they should hand passports to anybody who makes it there in this weather, good lord.

In years past this would be big news but this year it's just another god damn week. I mean, the ice storm. Remember the ice storm?

I was joking that it's not really a snowstorm unless I don't see the building across my window.

I no longer see that building across my window.

Samyy

Better start a protest!

1 second, im setting up a club first of all to discuss the horrendous issues that plague us York Students during the winter.
Then I will form alliances with all 100 of the Muslim/Christian/Jewish clubs so hopefully we will be able to get 15-20 people to come.
Then we will make lots of noise in Vari Hall, everyone will give us weird looks and go on with their days.

Hope Team Winter drown in snowflakes today.

angry.gif

explodet

This year Toronto seems to be getting it bad.
I remember a couple of years where we wouldn't get any snow because it would dump everything onto Buffalo and run out of steam by the time it got here.

Jayhawk

With the headache I have and the amount of snow on my driveway and side-street I have to deal with, I opted to take a vacation day today instead of driving to work. My plans for work today can't be done remotely from home either.

I refuse to believe any human being could enjoy this unless you are still in grade school.

Or you live inside all day and don't have to commute 2 hours in this just to drive 30km.

dubq

Love it!!

7926261a8e8411e3a1090e2717efa258_8.jpg

8f5bc3c08e8b11e3a4690e6a90eb8fb0_8.jpg

I refuse to believe any human being could enjoy this unless you are still in grade school.

Or you live inside all day and don't have to commute 2 hours in this just to drive 30km.

Pfft, that's pretty ignorant. I'm 36 and absolutely love winter and snow. I also don't "live inside all day".

Love it!!

7926261a8e8411e3a1090e2717efa258_8.jpg

8f5bc3c08e8b11e3a4690e6a90eb8fb0_8.jpg

Pfft, that's pretty ignorant. I'm 36 and absolutely love winter and snow. I also don't "live inside all day".
Yeah it looks pretty from where your standing INSIDE taking those pictures. ~_~

Go make some snow angels if you love it so much! Take some pics of that.

The wind was blowing in my face today so hopefully on my walk home I can get some relief. It isn't THAT bad if you are walking with the wind direction. Although you'll really work those calf muscles sludging through a foot of snow.

Also school is dead feels like no one is here but me lol. I'm the only dickhead who showed up.

dubq

Yeah it looks pretty from where your standing INSIDE taking those pictures. ~_~

Buddy, where do you think I just came from before taking those photos? :p I come from Lakeshore and Spadina to College and University, via walking and transit (when it's on-time/available), FWIW.

Roto13

My husband's only citizenship interview question was "Why would you move to Toronto instead of staying in Vancouver? The weather sucks here!"

Buddy, where do you think I just came from before taking those photos? :p I come from Lakeshore and Spadina to College and University, via walking and transit (when it's on-time/available), FWIW.
I'm at St George and College right now so let's meet up and have a snow fight.

I'm staying here till it dies down a bit. May just take the subway to Royal York and stay at my grandparents rather than going back to Brampton on the train.

dubq

I'm at St George and College right now so let's meet up and have a snow fight.

I'm staying here till it dies down a bit. May just take the subway to Royal York and stay at my grandparents rather than going back to Brampton on the train.

lol I would but I'm stuck inside this gloomy office doing gloomy coding. :p

Blah, looking for a decent and clean place to live in this city can be a pain in the ass. I've seen some decent looking places but then you look up the building and all you see reviews mentioning cockroaches and bedbugs (or worse).

dubq

Blah, looking for a decent and clean place to live in this city can be a pain in the ass. I've seen some decent looking places but then you look up the building and all you see reviews mentioning cockroaches and bedbugs (or worse).

What neighborhood are you looking in?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
We've all become fat and spoiled after the last few winters not being so harsh.

Anyone else think we'll still get one more giant storm before the end of winter? This young cat thinks so but I have nothing to base this on.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

Anyone else think we'll still get one more giant storm before the end of winter? This young cat thinks so but I have nothing to base this on.

Yes. Because its been that kind of winter.

yyzjohn

Banned

Winter is over man, this is it.

Hopefully it happens in two weeks while I'm inside hibernating during reading week.

I think we could see snow and below normal temps even in April with how crazy this winter has been.

I just witnessed the worst thing. Some guy got absolutely destroyed in the library by some holier than thou girl when he stumbled into her chair. He obviously has a bit of a mental disorder and walks a little awkwardly. She gave no fucks. Now he keeps looking at her and went over to apologize and she said not a word. Cringe worthy. Poor dude.

zroid

Banned
I'm all for pushing Ford's buttons but this jaywalking scandal is ridiculous

Ford: "I've jaywalked -- broken the law -- hundreds of times, but respect that the police are doing their job."
Reporter: "So have you broken the law apart from jaywalking?"
Ford: "..."

Dice//

Banned
People are driving lick ass (both voluntarily by not being more cautious and involuntarily when they're "fish tailing" it on the road).

School really should have closed. Half of my class didn't even bother; they're the smart ones... I'm here for a goddamn participation credit.

Dear UTM,
ROT.

Love, Dice.

krae_man

Walking to work today was brutal. The plows had already done the road so all the snow from the road was on the sidewalk. I hate that.

Top Bottom