• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

This must be payback for that one winter two or three years ago when it never dropped below 10 degrees and then we had a summer heat wave in March.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I throw it on the neighbours side when he's not looking.
It's nice living on a corner with the neighbour across the street having a huge lawn and being ok with me using my snowblower to cross the street and leave it there. :)

So do I leave for work like an hour early. Fuck this shit.
At this point you'd be better off waiting a few hours (after 6) till things clear up and roads are less dangerous/busy. I'm booking it to Eaton center and chilling up top at my usual spot sitting on the floor (loner) beside Mr Greenjeans. I don't even want to commute home in this right now.

Fuzzy

Someone I know in Courtice shared this pic of his backyard on FB.

eeTE5nd.jpg

Blackhead

Redarse
Weather is glorious. Didn't take the bus, it was grimy and all that melting made it like a swamp in there. Instead I took a 25 minute walk through the snow. Silent, beautiful, good workout. I used to be Team Warm but this year I went for full body winter protection: boots, nice pants, neck gaiter/ balaclava, the works. Soo good. I still hate the ice, and winter layers get expensive, but Team Winter is winning me over

Quick

Banned
We've all become fat and spoiled after the last few winters not being so harsh.

Anyone else think we'll still get one more giant storm before the end of winter? This young cat thinks so but I have nothing to base this on.

This Kessel agrees.

At this point you'd be better off waiting a few hours (after 6) till things clear up and roads are less dangerous/busy. I'm booking it to Eaton center and chilling up top at my usual spot sitting on the floor (loner) beside Mr Greenjeans. I don't even want to commute home in this right now.
well I don't start work till 6 but I gotta be there by 5:30 ish. Seems to have stopped snowing so now it's all about the drive. Guess I'll leave at 4:30. Shouldn't take more than an hour.

Sober

Haha, holy shit, my boss just called and told me not to bother coming in for the evening shift and that she's just gonna close up today. Shitty weather gonna be shitty.

whitehawk

Banned
Weather is glorious. Didn't take the bus, it was grimy and all that melting made it like a swamp in there. Instead I took a 25 minute walk through the snow. Silent, beautiful, good workout. I used to be Team Warm but this year I went for full body winter protection: boots, nice pants, neck gaiter/ balaclava, the works. Soo good. I still hate the ice, and winter layers get expensive, but Team Winter is winning me over
my man

Fuzzy

I like to laugh at people who complain about the cold but don't do anything to dress for it. Congratulations on seeing the light.

One of the big three you say? Take one for the team and burn the building down.
There's a 33% chance you're right about that company.

I admit to nothing. And I often think about burning many things down whilst doing tech support on the phone.

I like to laugh at people who complain about the cold but don't do anything to dress for it. Congratulations on seeing the light.
I hate the cold and the winter and I dress for it. That's one of the things I hate. Love going out in a t shirt and jeans. Or hoodie and jeans or something. Hate wearing layers and jacket and hat and gloves and scarf and shit. Like please.

whitehawk

Banned
I wish I had that. my class is from 4:30 - 6, and we'll still be in class for an hour :(. they just announced it. had they announced it 5 hours ago id be home right now.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Haha, holy shit, my boss just called and told me not to bother coming in for the evening shift and that she's just gonna close up today. Shitty weather gonna be shitty.

Lucky. I've been hoping that my boss might send us home early but no such luck.

Samyy

I wish I had that. my class is from 4:30 - 6, and we'll still be in class for an hour :(. they just announced it. had they announced it 5 hours ago id be home right now.

Same fucking hell.
And the go bus was full so another 15 minutes of waiting around and not studying for my midterm tomorrow!

Dice//

Banned

Augh. I think we all went through a little frozen hell today. Go to class, know you're doing a good thing, cuss in your head a bit and (I'm going 'girlie' here) go home make a giant hot chocolate and love life a bit more again. :D

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Only one of the few times to be lucky to be working in retail though.

True. I'm not in retail but I've been sent home because of the weather before. Not today though. :(

edit: Someone just walked by my desk and started to laugh. They said it was how I was typing. I don't know if it is because I was slouching in my chair or if it was the typing itself. It was weird though.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Why are people stopping their cars suddenly on Finch and Bathurst to let their passengers out?

Rabble! RABBLE RABBLE!!!

Dice//

Banned
Just shoveled for 2 hours

#sogood

I think of it as *the* Winter Workout

We kinda screwed up at my house, because we missed shovelling when that bit of ice rain fell (my dad has a bad leg, my mom is sort of useless, and I got a fever at the time). So we're stuck with a permanent ice sheet that's the WORST to shovel through. I feel super strong after all of that, but at the same time my limbs feel like limp spaghetti

Top Bottom