• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Actually I went to that Monster Hunters Unite meetup at the Brookfield Place food court last Wednesday. They seem to do it every week. They carried me to G rank which was nice of them. They usually farm the arena monster for rare materials. They're all HR 50+ people.

Good, now you can carry Kave_Man
and I
to glorious G Rank before I say fuck it all and go onto MH4...I think they said you have to start fresh, right? No carry over?

Kraftwerk

If anyone wants to make a thread and organise a meetup go ahead. Been very busy so cant put shit together right now.

I don't drink any more (starting today) but I will still come to hang out with you guys.

soultron

Banned
Do you want to get the ball rolling? We all generally wait for Kraftwerk to set things up. I think anyone can do it if they're up for making the thread on the OT side.

I'm too busy to plan and I fear I don't know TO well enough compared to some other members here. I'd probably book a reservation in Scarberia or something terrible like that.

soultron

Banned
Man, I wish TO had a barcade. It would be perfect for a meetup.
There is Get Well, but it's pretty crammed and loud, meaning it's not really great for a meetup. They have classic arcade games for free there. Decent selection of legit beers. Hipster crowd. Recommend checking it out on your own time.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
If anyone wants to make a thread and organise a meetup go ahead. Been very busy so cant put shit together right now.

I don't drink any more (starting today) but I will still come to hang out with you guys.
D:
Can't you not drink AFTER this meet up?

Well, surprise surprise, not going anywhere again so Friday/Saturday will likely be good.

If you guys can put your preferences down for dates/places, I'll ignore them and make the thread before they take my privileges away for trolling some day. Still putting your goddamn number as a contact, Kraftwerk!

Let's see if you people on the wall of shame can get off of it.

No females willing to come to make us look less sausagey? Blade? Dice? April? Lurkers? Even Vancouver had some variety, most of us are just generic Asians. We're really not bad except for Kraftwerk...

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
If it's next Friday, I'll be there for sure. Mark my words.

I can dress in drag if you want a woman in attendance, also.
If you could convince you-know-who to come, you can come in a tutu for all I care...!

Start throwing out some suggestions, guys and soultron (lol).

I wonder how people would feel about Sushi Moto? At Yonge and Sheppard? It's close to the subway and great portions for the price.

Unless someone can get us into Guu...I wanna go to Guu ;(
Or we can do 'KFC' at Korea town Christie station.
Also tons of good places on the Danforth as well.
Beaches has some good spots too.

Samyy

Mississauga meetups would be cool!
Hey guys Square one wooooo!

Btw if you have a meetup on that date the 21st/22nd I definitely may be interested!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
For reference

TO Meet up V: Wvrst is Wurst, Bier Markt is Bad Markt, and Random Chinese Restaurant Part 2

Confirmed
Kraftwerk present
Kave_Man present
Kuro Madoushi present
Lostconfused present
Quadratic present
Motherfuckin AlphaTwo00! Present
Brinbe (Generic Asian Leaf Fan)
Stet present
EvilMario present
EphNE (EvilMario's much better half. Can and will kick our asses at Monster Hunter. I promised Monster Hunting, so you guys better bring it)
MONSTER HUNTER GIRL (I dunno who she is...I assume she's a girl that hunts monsters so she'll feel right at home)
mr.rager present
Krae_man present
Tremis present
firehawk present
Kinitari present
Shagg_187

Maybe
isny (we'll treat to a pitcher...maybe)
Earthstrike (strong maybe)
soultron (sucks...maybe)
BigJonsson (bigpussymorelike...maybe)
whitehawk (maybe cumming late)
Oshimai (not enough generic asian guys...maybe)
Oichi (maybe)
Sober (won't be sober for long....maybe)
Shagg_187 present. Damn he needs a shave
Criesofthepast (doesn't want to be molested by bums over a subway vent...maybe)
shadowkat ("April Reimer"...fuck...maybe )
i-Lo (Low Fi...maybe)
Quick (true Winnipeg Jets fan...maybe)
Sp1inter (not a Generic Asian Guy...maybe)

Wall of Shame
Bombshack (Bomba)
Fuzzy (Last minute excuse...!)
Bamelin (The Precious will be ours once the Hobbitses are dead!)
Anony (shall remain anonymous...)
Deraldin (Got sick from eating yellow snow)

If you could convince you-know-who to come, you can come in a tutu for all I care...!

Start throwing out some suggestions, guys and soultron (lol).

I wonder how people would feel about Sushi Moto? At Yonge and Sheppard? It's close to the subway and great portions for the price.

Unless someone can get us into Guu...I wanna go to Guu ;(
Or we can do 'KFC' at Korea town Christie station.
Also tons of good places on the Danforth as well.
Beaches has some good spots too.
How about some non-asian food for once? All I hear of these meetups is Korean BBQ, sushi...all of which I don't eat. WHY ARE YOU GUYS SO RACIST?

Anyone want to meet up with me at my own seperate meetup going for hamburgers and fries pm me.

I'm half Greek so +1 for the Danforth.

Quadratic

How about some non-asian food for once? All I hear of these meetups is Korean BBQ, sushi...all of which I don't eat. WHY ARE YOU GUYS SO RACIST?

Anyone want to meet up with me at my own seperate meetup going for hamburgers and fries pm me.

Most of the meetups have started at bars which have pretty standard fare like nachos and burgers. It's only after we're drunk that we go for (optional) asian food because they are open late and is relatively cheap and can accommodate us all.

Heck, in the summer we had a meetup at Jack Astors

Samyy

So down for Greek food!
Oh and Burgers and Fries works too!

Most of the meetups have started at bars which have pretty standard fare like nachos and burgers. It's only after we're drunk that we go for (optional) asian food because they are open late and is relatively cheap and can accommodate us all.

Heck, in the summer we had a meetup at Jack Astors
I don't eat any seafood, in fact the sight and smell of it makes me gag, but if anyone could coerce me into going out of my comfort zone and trying sushi, it would be a table full of GAFers. I'm not paying for that shit though so put my plate on Kuros tab.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I wish we could get the whole group into Messini...goddamn lamb pitas there....hnnnngggghhh

Too bad there is no way we could all get in.

Brass Taps, a bar is there and I believe it could accommodate all of us, plus there are a lot of other bars there.

It would be busy either way though...still, any other suggestions?

Asian food
Greek food
Drink and board games

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Is this Mothers Dumplings on Spadina any good? I'm hungry and want to get some Asian in me in prep for a potential meet up.

Reply quickly. NOW!
Asian food

Racist?! D:

I've heard good things about Mother's but I've never been.

Asian food

Racist?! D:

I've heard good things about Mother's but I've never been.
I knew you'd come through Kuro. The lady in the window making the dumplings looked depressed as hell. She is a machine just knocking out dumpling after dumpling.

I ended up just going to Kensington Market and getting an empanada (Jumbo Empanadas omg so good) because I was too intimidated by Mother and her dumplings not knowing what to order.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I knew you'd come through Kuro. The lady in the window making the dumplings looked depressed as hell. She is a machine just knocking out dumpling after dumpling.

I ended up just going to Kensington Market and getting an empanada (Jumbo Empanadas omg so good) because I was too intimidated by Mother and her dumplings not knowing what to order.
Those empanadas are a good choice.

Yes, she is a dumpling machine. Her tears of depression add to the flavour.

There's a sit-in going on at City Hall:

dTsLXbQ.jpg

http://robfordmustgo.com/
https://twitter.com/reporterdonpeat/status/433664405231108096

Those empanadas are a good choice.

Yes, she is a dumpling machine. Her tears of depression add to the flavour.

Yeah I love that place. Highly recommended for anyone wanting a relatively cheap and filling meal.

I have three Asian places bookmarked on Yelp that I've heard are worth trying/decently rated on Yelp. Going to try and get to them before school is done in April. Not sure if anyone has any thoughts on these.

- Sweet Lulu
- Mothers Dumplings
- Khao San Road

Top Bottom