• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Yeah I love that place. Highly recommended for anyone wanting a relatively cheap and filling meal.

I have three Asian places bookmarked on Yelp that I've heard are worth trying/decently rated on Yelp. Going to try and get to them before school is done in April. Not sure if anyone has any thoughts on these.

- Sweet Lulu
- Mothers Dumplings
- Khao San Road

I like Dumpling King (well I like the North York location, but I assume it's the same in Chinatown) IT's a different kind of Chinese dumpling than mothers, but it's still really good.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
If this meet up ends up happening, special guest star Evilmario may come again.

No other suggestions, guys? Cause the girls are afraid of generic Asians... :(

Guess who's out partying at Gravity...

voaba7z.jpg

https://twitter.com/Jeffler/status/433824935010500608

Sober

So we still doing the meetup for Friday or Saturday? We need to drop that thread down in OT, might even nab us some non-generic Asians or some women to come to it.

krae_man

So we still doing the meetup for Friday or Saturday? We need to drop that thread down in OT, might even nab us some non-generic Asians or some women to come to it.

Nicolas Cage laughing.gif

At the Ottawa meetup last month, the restaurant owner asked us "Why no girls?" and we all said "We're from the internet, there's no girls on the internet" and he replied back "Yes there is, I know one: My son pretending to be one".

whitehawk

Banned
Fridayfridayfriday

can't make Saturday.

you guys should go to a place near the acc so I won't be so late

I'd bring my girlfriend but I'm afraid Kraft's beard would make mine look bad and she'd end up going home with him. I can't take the risk of looking inferiorly masculine.

What day is being proposed for this? Its reading week coming up and I'm pretty busy.

Not that anyone cares if I show up. ~.~

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Got my first Jury Summons. Not sure if want.
I did it back when I was 18. I sat in a big room where they played episodes of Mr Bean on the TVs all day so I watched that or listened to music or read a book (no fancy phones to go on the internet back then). On the fourth day we actually went into a court room but they didn't even get to me before they had enough people for the case and they told us not to bother coming in the last day because there wouldn't be any cases starting. It was during the Summer and my Summer job actually paid me for the 4 days I was on Jury Duty even though they didn't have to.

Someone gonna get shanked. I'm still leaning towards victory, sushi Moto, or Danforth

Nothing, guys? Girls?
yeah right
Sushi Moto is in North York. What kind of Toronto meetup is this? Why not just meet at York U and eat chips and chocolate bars from a vending machine? Come on!

*posts this from Brampton*

I'm throwing in Pizzeria Libretto as a recommendation. Which is Trinity-Bellwoodish and a lot more Toronto than sushi moto. You guys probably have sushi everyday try something different (like pizza lols.)

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Sushi Moto is in North York. What kind of Toronto meetup is this? Why not just meet at York U and eat chips and chocolate bars from a vending machine? Come on!

*posts this from Brampton*

I'm throwing in Pizzeria Libretto as a recommendation. Which is Trinity-Bellwoodish and a lot more Toronto than sushi moto. You guys probably have sushi everyday try something different (like pizza lols.)

If you're going that way, then there's a Pizzeria Libretto on the Danforth! >: (

You will try sushi one day, and you will LIKE it....

Leaning towards Victory and KFC afterwards (Quad should be happy)

If you're going that way, then there's a Pizzeria Libretto on the Danforth! >: (

You will try sushi one day, and you will LIKE it....

Leaning towards Victory and KFC afterwards (Quad should be happy)
Oh didn't know there was on there. Danforth it is then!

I hate all seafood so unless you can find me a piece of sushi that taste and smells like French fries then I doubt I'd like it. I've never tried Sake though & I assume you can get that at these joints. Would be interested in doing so. Yes I live a sheltered life.

whitehawk

Banned
Oh didn't know there was on there. Danforth it is then!

I hate all seafood so unless you can find me a piece of sushi that taste and smells like French fries then I doubt I'd like it. I've never tried Sake though & I assume you can get that at these joints. Would be interested in doing so. Yes I live a sheltered life.
I suppose I'm a collector now since I inherited my uncles money collection.

edit: wait, did you ninja edit your post?

I suppose I'm a collector now since I inherited my uncles money collection.

edit: wait, did you ninja edit your post?
Haha yeah. I decided to just give them to my mother and let her deal with them.

Original post was about finding old-ish coins/bills and figuring out worth and what to do with them for those wondering...

Since Whitehawk is so desperate, very likely the 21st.

I'll bring catnip just for you.
I REALLY want to come to this. I have no friends & in need of some bro-ship camaraderie.

Issues:

- Reading week & have to find time to study (gotta maintain super-saiyan 4.0)

- Grandpa in hospital not doing well. Don't want to make this thread anymore depressing than it already is (burger wars, rob ford, Asians) but I want to spend as much time with him there as possible. (85 years old)

- I am forcefully volunteered to watch my son (gf's dog lol) on weekends when she has overnight shifts at the hospital.

Having said all this, I'm sure I can manage even an hour to chill, may have to arrive late/leave early. I can't make the wall of shame AGAIN or I'll just kill myself.

Also, don't listen to my suggestions for places to meet up because if you listen and I don't show up then I'll feel like such a trollllolololol.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I REALLY want to come to this. I have no friends & in need of some bro-ship camaraderie.

Issues:

- Reading week & have to find time to study (gotta maintain super-saiyan 4.0)

- Grandpa in hospital not doing well. Don't want to make this thread anymore depressing than it already is (burger wars, rob ford, Asians) but I want to spend as much time with him there as possible. (85 years old)

- I am forcefully volunteered to watch my son (gf's dog lol) on weekends when she has overnight shifts at the hospital.

Having said all this, I'm sure I can manage even an hour to chill, may have to arrive late/leave early. I can't make the wall of shame AGAIN or I'll just kill myself.

Also, don't listen to my suggestions for places to meet up because if you listen and I don't show up then I'll feel like such a trollllolololol.
blahblahblahblah

Meet up thread is up.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=100789793#post100789793

And yes, if you can't come, I'll take on TeamWinter myself. Spend time with your gramps!

Blackhead

Redarse
Recreating the blue jays. Good on paper and miss the playoffs.

You guys going to the meet up? Yes? No?

I'm sure this will work out just as well as it did for the Jays.

The Jays got a few good players but that's a very competitive division and league with lots of talent at other clubs.This is more akin to Lebron and Bosh joining Wade at the Heat. Getting Defoe alone was a coup but the signings keep stacking and I have no idea how the organization can afford all these stars. They should be very fun to watch this year.

p.s. I don't get why the meetups are a sausage fest when at least a third of y'all have WAGs. If mr.rager's girl can support his sneaker fetish then joining him for beer and burgers night out shouldn't be a challenge.

Or perhaps something else besides beer and burgers... please dont shoot the messenger.
Have fun, will aim to go for the next one

Top Bottom